• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

This Time No Fun In Icc World Cup

vidu

Pericles,

Yes, you are perfectly correct on your post.

Today news papers another article informs, that sugar factories which are run by entrepreneurs, will be taken over by government.

I and my staff were personally involved rectification of electrical faults in the mill house and distillery when it was build during Previous (regime Late 1980)

Indians did that factory to high standards as there was a foreign expert was used to investigate every completed part of work.

Are we going forward or going to build another family Tree.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Pericles,

Yes, you are perfectly correct on your post.

Today news papers another article informs, that sugar factories which are run by entrepreneurs, will be taken over by government.

Are we going forward or going to build another family Tree.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Ever heard ..." If you cant beat them...Just eliminate them" :-)

MINIACE

As much as i would like to see SL standing up to the international giants thank God we didn't get it.

What the hell is the point of developing a region that can barely support its existing lifeforms. Bulding a stadium and having an international event in an area that has no water, no food, scorching heat sounds like a recipe for disaster.

We all saw what happened at the cricket world cup when half of the players that went there limped off with cramps and heat exhaustion, you'd think they would have learned a lesson by now :sad-smiley-066:

• Like 3

As much as i would like to see SL standing up to the international giants thank God we didn't get it.

What the hell is the point of developing a region that can barely support its existing lifeforms. Bulding a stadium and having an international event in an area that has no water, no food, scorching heat sounds like a recipe for disaster.

We all saw what happened at the cricket world cup when half of the players that went there limped off with cramps and heat exhaustion, you'd think they would have learned a lesson by now :sad-smiley-066:

Good one mate!

MINIACE

Members,

In 1970 era there was a sugar shortage most of our farmers started cultivating sugar cane in jungles and there was plenty of sugar cane juice boiled and poured into small molds packet-ed (Hakuru) available, at that time for us to have cup of Tea. So many small timers became rich by producing this product. Then only new government after 1977 wanted Sewanagala sugar factory built this took about 10 years calling world wide tenders.

I cannot understand the reason for this government wants to take over sugar factories according to the news paper reports the new owners who are running are doing very well. One entrepreneur says I don't know why Pelwatte", Other entrepreneur says "Company running at a profit", Sevanagala.

Above said two sugar factories were running at a loss. After privatization, they had turn around them to be profitable sugar industries.

Both factory owners had introduced plenty of job opportunities to the factory workers, families other than sugar industry.

Not only that the Pelwathe Milk powder factory is also to be acquired, which producing 20% of the milk requirement of this country.

Our neighboring country( India) is self sufficient in sugar they do not import sugar the have the complete know how of sugar cane planting and manufacturing sugar. I have worked with Indian engineers who was responsible for Sevangala factory they know their job very well. Now that factory is 30 years old but still producing sugar and power to run the factory also from waste crushed sugar cane.

The way it goes even Automobile imports and all other profitable imports will be taken over by the higher authorities so that we will be again 1962 to 1977 era will be established.

Family tree will not only grow will be there for ever.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.