• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Peugeot 504 Restore

newcar

these lines are used to connect to the water circulation system to have a hot water line to heat up the carbeuretor. most of the cars running here have them disconnected.

Thanks, Is there any different between these two line. mean IN , OUT?

And Is it OK if i connect it to blower water line to this?

Thanks, Is there any different between these two line. mean IN , OUT?

And Is it OK if i connect it to blower water line to this?

there's no one way valve or anything like that so, in out won't really matter. Any water line would do as long as it keeps on circulating, including the water lines for heater matrix.

• 2 years later...

Hello everyone !

This is newcar , after a long break we have started the restore again and its already in process .

This time we did go deep inside to do the restore. So up to now tinkering and wiring works are half done. I asked the wiring guy to do it from the first to avoid any short circuits . Also we replaced the original fuse box with a suzuki swifts ( this is for the normal wire lines where less amp wiring would go) and for main wirings we installed a mazda bongo's fuse box in the engine room , then we replaced the alternator with a better one which had inbuilt regulator, its a(110A).

Point ignition was replaced by electric ignition also Il be changing the ignition coil later on . Then I got the workshop manual to check the spark plug gap and to get some info about the carburetor. Then I ordered the spark plugs with the correct gap (up to now didnt get a response from the shop , may be it will take some time)

I did set the timing with a test lamp but im not sure if its 100% correct. Then I did crank it up giving direct connection to motor and ignition , then I saw a huge diffrence over the previous point ignition , this was running so smooth, to describe that I'd compare a fb15 engine so smooth.

But there was a problem with my fuel pump which was stuck and not functional at all , so engine starts to stall at high rpm .

I dont know where could I find a correct fuel pump for this car. On a side note this consumes more petrol than I thought , I'd consider doing a carburetor rebuild but I dont know where I could get a rebuit kit , any suggestions on this ?

Edited by new2018

• 2 years later...

Hi all 504 lovers....

I am Dominic and I do have a 504 GL press button and doing some repairs these days.  I am looking for a carburetor and coil springs... (8 rings) if anyone knows a place to buy this please let me know... or a place to repair the carburetor as the current one most of the threads are gone so cant replace the jets.. 

thank you..