• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Peugeot 504 Restore

newcar

bad :violent-smiley-099: so you say we have to do a deep restoration, ya we did most of our part to get it back to normal, we cant do more than it because we dont have the correct appliances.if we have it we will do it for sure. :blink:

who your father gives free petrol?? :angry-smiley-024: your totally wrong ,i said we spent a small amount on the petrol because we were testing it.do you think we can have a petrol station ??or any sources to get free petrol(if its present we could sell petrol for 10 rs. per L) dont ask stupid questions,

Let me guess, temp01 is newcar's cousin?

On the topic of restoration:

in reality what "needs to be done" doesnt get any lesser based on what you "can do". If the car needs 4 wheels and you can afford only 3 are you gonna run it saying "thats all i CAN afford". If the car needs certain parts/systems checked/replaced you HAVE to do it. Waiting it starts giving trouble aint the way to go. I dont know what these "appliances" you talk of, but i'm sure they are available even in Kandy. If its too expensive and nto worthwhile to buy, then rent it. If you dont wanna do that goto a place that does have these "appliances"... I'm sure you'll be rolling down a hill unstoppable, because you didnt check the brakes. I'm pretty darn sure you probably didnt check it before you went on your joyride.

Out of curiosity, does your 'appliance' inventory expand beyond a hammer and a 13mm spanner? :P

On the topic of fuel:

please, dont give us your "I said A but I meant B" bullcrap... If you mean B say B. And read your own post. You said "we dont have to care much about the fuel , we get free fuel (no worries)", not "we spent a small amount on the petrol".

You're not the 1st person of your profile to be here you know... let me take a wild guess at your profile.

# age below 20 (one of you, probably below 18 too).

# one of the kool dudez at school.

# likes cars a lot and uses it to differentiate yourself from your peers

# want to show your automotive skills off (hence the "restoration project"); yet a fail due to the shortage of your 'appliance'

# would like some admiration from within a group (hence the free fuel statement, also didnt work out the way you planned did it)

My assessment of the whole thing is that this project is way over head for you boys. First read up some basic/intermediate automotive articles and get familiar with what needs to be done. Then get some help from someone who might know more. It doesnt make your manhood lesser.

and yes, i have a lot of free time on my hands today.

how to adjust it?? i guess the restoration is done 60% ,

this car drinks petrol more than a muscle car :angry-smiley-048: . updates on 12 sat :alc: , and that car has a broken alternator just after we stop the car we have to turn the alternator to start it again.

or don't turn the alternator.. there is some thing called starter motor. Remove the alternator belt and fix it to stater motor and see.. :lol:

iphone?free fuel?drank fuel?turning alternator????

:P

Chaps, if the alternator has failed, it's not going to work by you turning it.

The carburettor needs to be fixed by a professional. You can of course get a Hayes manual (which will help you identify the components) read up on stuff online and do it yourself but it's not as simple as you think. You might need to rebuild the carburettor, using a repair kit. This will also sort out the fuel consumption.

I think you guys need to evaluate your own skills and separate out the tasks to ones you feel you can tackle and other which require professional help.

• Like 2

Chaps, if the alternator has failed, it's not going to work by you turning it.

The carburettor needs to be fixed by a professional. You can of course get a Hayes manual (which will help you identify the components) read up on stuff online and do it yourself but it's not as simple as you think. You might need to rebuild the carburettor, using a repair kit. This will also sort out the fuel consumption.

I think you guys need to evaluate your own skills and separate out the tasks to ones you feel you can tackle and other which require professional help.

so you say alternator should be replaced?? and rebuilding carburetor is hard eh! thanks for your info.

• Like 1

so you say alternator should be replaced?? and rebuilding carburetor is hard eh! thanks for your info.

I say don't base diagnosis on symptoms alone and certainly not on forum responses. If you've tried what you know and it still does not work, it's time to call in the professionals. Sitting idle takes a huge toll on motor vehicles, and especially rubber components just deteriorate quite badly and the only option is to replace.

I don't think he didn't mean alternator should replace. But if alternator failed, you need to get it checked by professional. And you can't find short cuts if you take this restoration seriously.

I say don't base diagnosis on symptoms alone and certainly not on forum responses. If you've tried what you know and it still does not work, it's time to call in the professionals. Sitting idle takes a huge toll on motor vehicles, and especially rubber components just deteriorate quite badly and the only option is to replace.

ya this week we have to consult a good expert. the gear box acts like a toy. got to know some history on it, the guy who replaced the accleration cable used a bicycle cable to replace antd that is why it doesnt come back to normal.

WTH this started out as a nice restoration thread but now we are looking at a makabaas-gets-car-running thread.

I am disappointed.

I guess the person who opened the thread had a bit more common sense than the kid who`s talking now. ;)

Anyways, I also thought that this`ll turn out to be a nice thread, would love to see some real "restoration" projects.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys me too have experiences in 504 rebuild project. Project is still not complete :D . I bought this car in last June. After that I and my brother decide to rebuild this car. My brother also has another 504. Following are some steps in our project.

3.jpg

87.jpg

106.jpg

110.jpg

DSCN1207.JPG

DSCN1209.JPG

If any body know place to buy original(ducellia or marshal) headlight please inform me.All interior in this car with original condition but floor mats are missing. So I need original floor mats too. But i dont think any one will sell if they have original floor mats.

Edited by SudheeraR

Hey, congrats.

Try Gothami Motors, Europe Car Parts at GIG building, Darshana Motors.

Sometimes they may have from Thailand or some other country.

I had a extrat carpet set which I gave to another freind when I was selling the car

will check whether he wish to part with them.

• Like 1

Hi Guys me too have experiences in 504 rebuild project. Project is still not complete :D . I bought this car in last June. After that I and my brother decide to rebuild this car. My brother also has another 504. Following are some steps in our project.

If any body know place to buy original(ducellia or marshal) headlight please inform me.All interior in this car with original condition but floor mats are missing. So I need original floor mats too. But i dont think any one will sell if they have original floor mats.

Hats off for the effort and glad to see there are more 504 fans around. By the look of it, this is a 504 L which mainly imported during the infamous common-wealth summit in mid 70's.

A nicely done restoration project I must say. I doubt you will find brand new ducelier or marshal head lights in SL. However, you can buy Valeo headlights from Ideal Automotive for sure. Try countries like Egypt, Iran (if you have any contacts) they had marshal original lights. Alternately try ebay for head lights and floor mats even.

Edited by harshansenadhir

Hey, congrats.

Try Gothami Motors, Europe Car Parts at GIG building, Darshana Motors.

Sometimes they may have from Thailand or some other country.

I had a extrat carpet set which I gave to another freind when I was selling the car

will check whether he wish to part with them.

Hi

I asked from Darshana Motors, they have only Valeo headlights.

Please ask from your friend about carpets if he has an idea to sell please inform me.

Thanks.

Hats off for the effort and glad to see there are more 504 fans around. By the look of it, this is a 504 L which mainly imported during the infamous common-wealth summit in mid 70's.

A nicely done restoration project I must say. I doubt you will find brand new ducelier or marshal head lights in SL. However, you can buy Valeo headlights from Ideal Automotive for sure. Try countries like Egypt, Iran (if you have any contacts) they had marshal original lights. Alternately try ebay for head lights and floor mats even.

Hi

Yes this is a 1977, 504 L. But this is not a car imported for summit and this car was first registered to a doctor, then his son. Then me :)

I checked headlights in eBay but it has only RH or LH one. I need both. So I have an idea to plate chrome but don’t know whether it can do :).

Hi

Yes this is a 1977, 504 L. But this is not a car imported for summit and this car was first registered to a doctor, then his son. Then me :)

I checked headlights in eBay but it has only RH or LH one. I need both. So I have an idea to plate chrome but don’t know whether it can do :).

There were auctions for single items but if you request the seller they'll offer pair. This is usually the case for all LH, RH items such as side mirrors etc on ebay.

You can chrome plate the reflector if the headlight and glass lens is intact. Used to know a place where they carried out this but as of recent I heard them not carrying out certain types of plating, but give a bump on this number and see

Jayadan Electro platers - 0717757547

There were auctions for single items but if you request the seller they'll offer pair. This is usually the case for all LH, RH items such as side mirrors etc on ebay.

You can chrome plate the reflector if the headlight and glass lens is intact. Used to know a place where they carried out this but as of recent I heard them not carrying out certain types of plating, but give a bump on this number and see

Jayadan Electro platers - 0717757547

OK thanks i'll call and ask him.

Hi

Any body have photos or diagram of 504 original AC unit?

504 never came with original A/C except for very few models/versions. The version produced for U.S continent had original A/C and the very last examples of original, berline production line GR's had original A/C. The GR I had was one of these with original A/C and I've installed a hang on type A/C on the 1977 L I had and will share some pictures but I don't have any diagrams per say.

the console below the dash had to go, this console had the ashtray, lighter and the choke cable plus wiper switch. Moved the wiper switch to one of empty slots towards the right hand side of the meter cluster and my one was a converted diesel so choke wasn't required. Wasn't a smoker back then, so needless to say I had no issues in letting the ash tray and lighter go.

Image042.jpg: thumb_9899.jpg

this is how it freezed the car. Mind you this picture was taken at about 11 a.m :)

Image028.jpg: thumb_9901.jpg

Image027.jpg: thumb_9902.jpg

I don't think you will be able to find the diagrams of the weather king A/C unit fixed by the agent for cars which didn't have FF A/C.

Further, any A/C guy would be able to do a job like given in the first picture but be very mindful of how you position the condenser and the capacity of condenser as my car suffered an over heating issue after the A/C fixed.

If you really require an original job done, source the A/C cooler/blower unit and the ventilation panels of a GR and fix under the original dash of the L. The below pictured has how the original A/C unit of GR model looks like for you to get an idea.

504-190.jpg: thumb_9911.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

504 never came with original A/C except for very few models/versions. The version produced for U.S continent had original A/C and the very last examples of original, berline production line GR's had original A/C. The GR I had was one of these with original A/C and I've installed a hang on type A/C on the 1977 L I had and will share some pictures but I don't have any diagrams per say.

the console below the dash had to go, this console had the ashtray, lighter and the choke cable plus wiper switch. Moved the wiper switch to one of empty slots towards the right hand side of the meter cluster and my one was a converted diesel so choke wasn't required. Wasn't a smoker back then, so needless to say I had no issues in letting the ash tray and lighter go.

Image042.jpg: thumb_9899.jpg

this is how it freezed the car. Mind you this picture was taken at about 11 a.m :)

Image028.jpg: thumb_9901.jpg

Image027.jpg: thumb_9902.jpg

I don't think you will be able to find the diagrams of the weather king A/C unit fixed by the agent for cars which didn't have FF A/C.

Further, any A/C guy would be able to do a job like given in the first picture but be very mindful of how you position the condenser and the capacity of condenser as my car suffered an over heating issue after the A/C fixed.

If you really require an original job done, source the A/C cooler/blower unit and the ventilation panels of a GR and fix under the original dash of the L. The below pictured has how the original A/C unit of GR model looks like for you to get an idea.

504-190.jpg: thumb_9911.jpg

Thanks