• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Peugeot 504 Restore

newcar

you restored a 2CV? Awesome.. do you still have it?

(And BTW do you know Ray Welaratna?)

PS Tried to send this by PM but seems you can't receive them :S

Yes I have a 2CV.Its in running condition but needs to be completed.A quick google search tells me Mr.Welaratne is a DS owner.Can't say I know the gentleman,but I'm sure me dad and fellow AL classic owners do.

My inbox BTW has reached capacity because our Mr.M Navy has sent me some lovely messeges explaining my many faults in great detail. :lol: Its cleaned up now.:)

Yes I have a 2CV.Its in running condition but needs to be completed.A quick google search tells me Mr.Welaratne is a DS owner.Can't say I know the gentleman,but I'm sure me dad and fellow AL classic owners do.

My inbox BTW has reached capacity because our Mr.M Navy has sent me some lovely messeges explaining my many faults in great detail. :lol: Its cleaned up now.:)

LOL

Looks like you got a secret admirer :P

Aww....do you want me to send you a PM about how good looking you are to make you feel better? :P

aney yes please...don't forget to mention my gorgeous brown eyes and me sexy smile. :P

LOL

Looks like you got a secret admirer :P

you think so?...yay!...I always wanted one of those. :lol:

No to take thi off topic but, isn't there some place in panchi that deals only with cables? if so got the name?

how come this went unnoticed.

You meant a place which repairs cables? Or brings down cables? I know this place in delkanda known as pun*ara auto cables and they've repaired the speedo meter cable of the GR. Can recommend their work as it came handy.

You meant a place which repairs cables? Or brings down cables? I know this place in delkanda known as pun*ara auto cables and they've repaired the speedo meter cable of the GR. Can recommend their work as it came handy.

I meant brings down. Got a few cables I need to buy. I vaguely remember someone telling me of a direct importer in panchi.

I've used these guys in the past as well and their work was good!

Yesterday had the fuel tank serviced and cleaned the fuel lines and fitted them to the car and then fixed the acceleration cable temporarily, and later night around 10 we took it to the nearby filling station to pump some petrol and check the air for the tyres after that we were returning home and suddenly the car turned off didnt start somehow we stared it and moved a litte and it stopped it didnt wanna start the we looked under and noticed that the tube that connects to the fuel line and fuel tank has got bursted and all the petrol was gone, we werent that far from the filling station soo we took a can of petrol and tryed starting it but didnt start then we push started it and it started and this time my cousin was the one who was driving and we finally got home and the gear is not shifting its dead:S, dunt know what happend to it. Today didnt get to do anything had some work probally next week have to see whats with the gear.

Yesterday had the fuel tank serviced and cleaned the fuel lines and fitted them to the car and then fixed the acceleration cable temporarily, and later night around 10 we took it to the nearby filling station to pump some petrol and check the air for the tyres after that we were returning home and suddenly the car turned off didnt start somehow we stared it and moved a litte and it stopped it didnt wanna start the we looked under and noticed that the tube that connects to the fuel line and fuel tank has got bursted and all the petrol was gone, we werent that far from the filling station soo we took a can of petrol and tryed starting it but didnt start then we push started it and it started and this time my cousin was the one who was driving and we finally got home and the gear is not shifting its dead:S, dunt know what happend to it. Today didnt get to do anything had some work probally next week have to see whats with the gear.

You were checking accelerator cable in Kandy, isn't it? There is a place called "Nilmini Cable" who imports cables only. Check with them if you still dint found it.

You were checking accelerator cable in Kandy, isn't it? There is a place called "Nilmini Cable" who imports cables only. Check with them if you still dint found it.

i was looking for a place in kandy for my car cable too soo where is this place in kandy?

Edited by lankanrowdy

i was looking for a place in kandy for my car cable too soo where is this place in kandy?

afaik they are two shops one in kandy kings street and other one is on matale road near to ambathanna :)

Try your level best to do a solid job and it will certainly reward you long term. What was the tube you used? must be the thickness of it isn't sufficient as this line doesn't hold any pressure as such. How's the petrol filter? you might have to replace it soon if you filled an empty tank and the tank has been dirty.

what went wrong with the gear? is gear lever moves freely or it got stuck? if it moves freely the usual suspect is gear links and if it's stuck check whether the lever mechanism and links are ok and the clutch system works fine. I'm 99% confident that it cannot be something inside the gearbox as the BA7 gearbox fitted to 504 is known to rock solid.

still could not find it anywhere i will look there thanks.

afaik they are two shops one in kandy kings street and other one is on matale road near to ambathanna :)

thanks for the info.

Try your level best to do a solid job and it will certainly reward you long term. What was the tube you used? must be the thickness of it isn't sufficient as this line doesn't hold any pressure as such. How's the petrol filter? you might have to replace it soon if you filled an empty tank and the tank has been dirty.

what went wrong with the gear? is gear lever moves freely or it got stuck? if it moves freely the usual suspect is gear links and if it's stuck check whether the lever mechanism and links are ok and the clutch system works fine. I'm 99% confident that it cannot be something inside the gearbox as the BA7 gearbox fitted to 504 is known to rock solid.

i didnt change the tube it was the one that was alrealy on the car i just hooked it up to the tank, have to change the filter soon and its gear links it just moves freely have to fix it this weekend, this weekend have to try taking it to the service station for full service when i trying taking it to the service station something goes wrong this time it was the gear. And i have one more problem after i start it and run for while and then turn off the engine and trying starting it again it never cranks and theres smoke coming from the alternator wires and after a few minutes it starts if you know anything about it let me know. Thanks for your help

• Like 1

still could not find it anywhere i will look there thanks.

thanks for the info.

i didnt change the tube it was the one that was alrealy on the car i just hooked it up to the tank, have to change the filter soon and its gear links it just moves freely have to fix it this weekend, this weekend have to try taking it to the service station for full service when i trying taking it to the service station something goes wrong this time it was the gear. And i have one more problem after i start it and run for while and then turn off the engine and trying starting it again it never cranks and theres smoke coming from the alternator wires and after a few minutes it starts if you know anything about it let me know. Thanks for your help

Sounds like too much petrol is getting into the cylinders and the car is back firing. You'd need to adjust the carburettor.

Sounds like too much petrol is getting into the cylinders and the car is back firing. You'd need to adjust the carburettor.

how to adjust it?? i guess the restoration is done 60% ,

this car drinks petrol more than a muscle car :angry-smiley-048: . updates on 12 sat :alc: , and that car has a broken alternator just after we stop the car we have to turn the alternator to start it again.

Edited by temp01
  • Like 1

im working on the same project. and how to adjust it?? i guess the restoration is done 60% , but im waiting for the iphone 4 unlock,

this car drinks petrol more than a muscle car :angry-smiley-048: . but we dont have to care much about the fuel , we get free fuel (no worries)updates on 12 sat, or 13 th. which ever comes first, me and my cousin drank some petrol :alc: , and that car has a broken alternator just after we stop the car we have to turn the alternator to start it again, or it doesnt respond.

Though I havent been contributing, I have been following this thread. It seems there's not much restoration happening. You seem to be just cleaning the dust off it and running it till something happens. IMO a restoration would require going down to a deeper level starting from taking out all parts that are likely to have rusted/melted/decayed over the 7 years (correct me if i remember wrong) that the car was just sitting there.

Unless you own a drilling rig there's nothing called 'free' fuel. Someone should be footing the bill somewhere down the line. Either you have a family member in some government post who is entitled to fuel vouchers/bonuses or a private company that foots the bill. If its the 1st, shame on you! If its the 2nd, well, not as shameful as it is disloyal to your company.

Edited by Watchman
  • Like 1

bad :violent-smiley-099: so you say we have to do a deep restoration, ya we did most of our part to get it back to normal, we cant do more than it because we dont have the some tools to remove.if we have it we will do it for sure. :blink:

your totally wrong ,i said we spent a small amount on the petrol because we were testing it.

Edited by temp01
  • Like 1

im working on the same project. and how to adjust it?? i guess the restoration is done 60% , but im waiting for the iphone 4 unlock,

this car drinks petrol more than a muscle car :angry-smiley-048: . but we dont have to care much about the fuel , we get free fuel (no worries)updates on 12 sat, or 13 th. which ever comes first, me and my cousin drank some petrol :alc: , and that car has a broken alternator just after we stop the car we have to turn the alternator to start it again, or it doesnt respond.

iphone?free fuel?drank fuel?turning alternator????

A3d5N.jpg