• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Bmw X1 Vs 318D

kaushama

X1 vs 318D  

44 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best buy?

• X1 sDrive 20D
    • 320D

I know but I was pointing out the popularity! Specially in Europe! The reasons are probably car like dynamics, fuel efficiency and cross road ability. I think it demarcates new niche for urban softroaders. Indians probably go for same reasons and brand name.

I know but I was pointing out the popularity! Specially in Europe! The reasons are probably car like dynamics, fuel efficiency and cross road ability. I think it demarcates new niche for urban softroaders. Indians probably go for same reasons and brand name.

Check youtube for driving in India clips.

:D Yes the cabin space is not the strong point of X1. It can only accommodate four adults comfortably. Not typical Indian family with their extended one including goats and cows. I think Europeans like it coz it is sporty and economical. Edited by kaushama

I also did see the facelift E90 on the road today! it may be replaced in 2 years, but gosh that car looks hot!!! would choose it anyday over the X1

e90 sedan is not exactly as b'ful as e46 sedan imho. but the coupe yes.

Edited by isurujosh

The funny thing is I haven't seen this car at all in the UK, if it's such a hit in Europe I wonder what has happened to it over here. The BMW SUV's apart from the X5 haven't really had good market penetration, and the most commonly seen small SUV over here is the Nissan Qasquai (the Rav4 and the Freelander are popular too).

E90 surely looks better than X1. But new F30 is gonna be gorgeous it seems. There are some renderings based on spy shots of test cars.

Freelander 2 HSE is on offer for the permit. But the agent fee is 1.5 mil!!!! So the final Price would be around 6+ mil.

E90 surely looks better than X1. But new F30 is gonna be gorgeous it seems. There are some renderings based on spy shots of test cars.

Freelander 2 HSE is on offer for the permit. But the agent fee is 1.5 mil!!!! So the final Price would be around 6+ mil.

The F series is rumored to hit the market in 2012/2013, which means the E90 will shed a lot of its value. Hey Freelander 2 HSE is a full option version. Are you sure about this, as in did you contact the dealer directly. 6mil+ is a lot of money, but non permit is well over 10 mil if i remember correct

Edited by RRphantom

Why is the agent fee so high? Are they undervaluing the car and then offsetting it with the agent fee, or is that pure dealer profit?

Undervaluing and offsetting is a possibility, but it is gonna be a hard exercise as the treasury is aware of this now. I think they are going to probe into all recent imports according to my knowledge. But it is possible that they do not take any manufacturer profit out of the CIF value of the car (Usually agents get a commission from the manufacturer too) and trying compensate it from local charges!

The F series is rumored to hit the market in 2012/2013, which means the E90 will shed a lot of its value. Hey Freelander 2 HSE is a full option version. Are you sure about this, as in did you contact the dealer directly. 6mil+ is a lot of money, but non permit is well over 10 mil if i remember correct

Hope this happens. I am thinking of upgrading to a 320i of the E90 off the second hand market for 5.0 - 5.5 mil range hopefully! a 2005/06 model preferably

is it impossible to source the car privately? i mean for 1.5mil you'd better gone to Germany or UK your self to source the car.

Yes you can go source the car privately from UK or Germany or wherever. Thing is you need to source something less than 1 year old from the date of registration. If you can get it cheaper than the agent why not? I dont think the agent will put a higher valuation just because you are getting it second hand and because he knows that you know the actual valuation given by them since it is US$ 25,000

I saw both freelander and Montero sports today. Montero sports looks good but interior sucks. Just ordinary! Probably they are going to be around 5.5 mil for auto and with fabric seats less sunroof. seven seater but 3rd row is less roomy than that of Santa fe.

Freelander looks nice and loads of room! 5 seater and lots of road presence! 1.5mil agent fee is a real turn off. It will cost 6.4 mil. Considering the previous generation Freelander issues the local market perception of the Freelander seems to be not that good as I have spoken to many car enthusiasts. I suggested that the agent fee going to be a real obstacle for their sales. If they narrow down the gap many Monte customers would trek into the Land-rover zone. They offer Defender 90 too for the same price.

Problem with importing directly from UK is the agent CIF! If you go for highest value segemnt. Government allows to bring down models below 25000 US$ and they quote the CIF from local agents. Many of these top of range vehicles that the principle importers offer, are trimmed downed models or special business arrangements with the manufacturers. For example A*W failed their effort to bring down X-Trail due to CIF limt. It should be remembered it is the original CIF they take at the limit. Not the depreciated value! Hence many of the models agents offer, we wont be able to bring down as European domestic models would have higher CIF values.

But of course if we can find the identical models; which are offered by the local agents, I do not see a reason why we can not do this and avoid these massive agent fees. For Europeand cars though there is another problem with the discrepency in the exchange rates. For example GBP vs US$ vs Euro!

Edited by kaushama

Hope this happens. I am thinking of upgrading to a 320i of the E90 off the second hand market for 5.0 - 5.5 mil range hopefully! a 2005/06 model preferably

Are those really the prices for a used E 90? I would have thaught they'd be 6.5 mil upwards atleast for a good example. I know of someone who had a mint low mileage 2003 E60 and that changed hands for just over 7 mil. that was only a few months ago. let us know how it goes!