• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mitsubishi Pajero Vs Isuzu Big Horn Or Trooper

Nishan.dj

Explains why hes called bighorn kolla

Not pajero (not in other languages:D ) kolla.

And the intercooler is in a completely different league 

Ive seen palthsaba pajeros (turbo wagons) run over 250000km without engine repairs so its not a bad vehicle and comes with the 4d56 engine.

There are ample parts including whole engines etc. So maintenance is pretty easy.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Clark'sson said:

Ive seen palthsaba pajeros (turbo wagons) run over 250000km without engine repairs so its not a bad vehicle and comes with the 4d56 engine.

There are ample parts including whole engines etc. So maintenance is pretty easy.

Couldn't agree more. I still wonder how come the pajero 4D56 is bad compared to a bighorn. May be a personal experience. In my opinion, it has to be other-way around. 

It's true there are lot's of pajero's that I have seen not maintained properly and treated very bad way which is a big sin i think. Despite of such vehicle, a pajero is a vehicle that can't be compared to any other in that range i guess. hopefully many will agree.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Clark'sson said:

Palathsaba is good jeep.but intercooler is a worse jeep?

20 hours ago, Clark'sson said:

15 hours ago, bighorn kolla said:

Ammo very very funny.ha ha ??????

15 hours ago, bighorn kolla said:

Palathsaba is good jeep.but intercooler is a worse jeep?

Listen, if you want to be a part of the community, the first thing you need to learn is to respect other people and their cars. We're all automotive enthusiasts here and we've got members from diverse backgrounds and professions here. Everyone is equally treated. So if you think people are going to worship you because you say you are an "automobile engineer", then sadly you're mistaken. Also, please don't expect people to take you seriously when the first thing you do is resurrect a 7 year old thread, just to make snide one-sentence remarks about a car that has proven to be great all around the world. Your opinion, if you wish to make, should be done so with facts and experience. So let's just start there now shall we? We're all interested in knowing why you claim the Pajero of this era is bad. 

Edited by Davy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 27/02/2018 at 6:42 PM, bighorn kolla said:

choose the big horn.its very hardy and less repairs

Haha don't lie, I once saw a Big Horn from which the engine fell off and the chassis broke into two. On the rear glass it had a sticker saying 'bighorn kolla'

• 8 months later...

Do not oppose me to bumping an old thread but i saw really valuable facts here about famous 80's SUVs. I hope to buy one of them so would like to know the fuel efficiency of this each model. As there are some members used these model hope they could share some information with me

TIA

1st gen pajero 4d56 - manual does 12-13kmpl

Trooper - 4JB1 - about 10-12kmpl manual 

4JG2 - 8- 10 kmpl (big horn body)

4JX1 - 8 kmpl 

Rather than fuel effiency you should look into finding a good legitimate vehicle and expensive running repairs and bodywork. Good choice btw. Personally I would recommend the Pajero as an overall vehicle. But when taken care from  new Isuzu engines and drive train are very hardy and manage high mileages 

Edited by tiv
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, tiv said:

1st gen pajero 4d56 - manual does 12-13kmpl

Trooper - 4JB1 - about 10-12kmpl manual 

4JG2 - 8- 10 kmpl (big horn body)

4JX1 - 8 kmpl 

Rather than fuel effiency you should look into finding a good legitimate vehicle and expensive running repairs and bodywork. Good choice btw. Personally I would recommend the Pajero as an overall vehicle. But when taken care from  new Isuzu engines and drive train are very hardy and manage high mileages 

I guess those figures you mentioned are for outstation drives

2 hours ago, Magnum said:

I guess those figures you mentioned are for outstation drives

Me thinks the same, considering the ages of the cars as well. 

I dont know about the Troopers / Big Horns but i heard the new MUX has fuel figures dearer to 4M40 or the Fortuner 

7 hours ago, Sadik said:

I dont know about the Troopers / Big Horns but i heard the new MUX has fuel figures dearer to 4M40 or the Fortuner 

I saw in a Pajero FB group owners quoting the fuel economy of MK1 Pajero fuel economy, the figures were somewhere around 7-8 withing city limit and 10-12 out station 

9 hours ago, Sadik said:

My 4m41 does 10 long distance and 4 in the kandy town

4d56T 8-10 overall 

On 11/5/2018 at 5:11 PM, Magnum said:

I saw in a Pajero FB group owners quoting the fuel economy of MK1 Pajero fuel economy, the figures were somewhere around 7-8 withing city limit and 10-12 out station 

On 11/5/2018 at 8:08 PM, tiv said:

My 4m41 does 10 long distance and 4 in the kandy town

4d56T 8-10 overall 

Haven't used the MK1 so i don't know. Since i am in the group let me just post the question and see. You get some new MK1 owners in the group  (i mean no offence , its a part of being a young car owner) who are a bit too enthusiastic you know, so i always take the claims with a pinch of salt :) :) 

Tiv - 4 in Kandy i guess is really good brother. That's one town i fear to drive thru 

Mine is a 4M41 as well - Just when i bought the car (mind you coming from ,  2 CVT based rides) she was really thirsty and doing 4.0 to 5.0 in colombo, even lesser during heavy traffic. ( Bought her when she was 38K, relatively new). We took time to know each others driving dynamics i guess , which wasn't very pleasing in the initial couple of weeks. 

Subsequently, when my foot learnt her dynamics she started doing 6.0 to 6.7 up to even 7.2 (city with a couple of heavy traffic patches here & there) in some instances but on a light foot. To put further perspective i was running her on  injector treatment fluid and Cetane boosters as well , which kind of gave a very smooth feeling to the pedal and reduced the occasional knock. The engine sounds much quieter now, with very less vibration, and also a blessing to drive. 

After the injector treatment and Cetane booster , in the E03 from kottawa to Matara she records 11.4 Kmpl as the average , where i guess my average speed was 80++. Thats the all time high record for me. And mind you i thrashed the pedal even up to 140 at times after passing Galle (which is illegal, and shouldnt have been done)

I can remember someone in the Pajero forum quoting a shogun V98 4M41 doing 12.1 but the OP didnt post a pic. 

But all in all , after teh Monty,  my fuel bill exactly doubled from the X-trail (HNT32) , but the pleasure factor shot up by leaps and bounds. This is the vehicle i enjoyed the most up to now.  I think life is too short for watching out the fuel computer but keep on thrashing that peddle and listen to engine groan :) - Dream is to own a LC 200 V8 diesel one day - so lets see..

1 hour ago, Sadik said:

Haven't used the MK1 so i don't know. Since i am in the group let me just post the question and see. You get some new MK1 owners in the group  (i mean no offence , its a part of being a young car owner) who are a bit too enthusiastic you know, so i always take the claims with a pinch of salt :) :) 

Tiv - 4 in Kandy i guess is really good brother. That's one town i fear to drive thru 

Mine is a 4M41 as well - Just when i bought the car (mind you coming from ,  2 CVT based rides) she was really thirsty and doing 4.0 to 5.0 in colombo, even lesser during heavy traffic. ( Bought her when she was 38K, relatively new). We took time to know each others driving dynamics i guess , which wasn't very pleasing in the initial couple of weeks. 

Subsequently, when my foot learnt her dynamics she started doing 6.0 to 6.7 up to even 7.2 (city with a couple of heavy traffic patches here & there) in some instances but on a light foot. To put further perspective i was running her on  injector treatment fluid and Cetane boosters as well , which kind of gave a very smooth feeling to the pedal and reduced the occasional knock. The engine sounds much quieter now, with very less vibration, and also a blessing to drive. 

After the injector treatment and Cetane booster , in the E03 from kottawa to Matara she records 11.4 Kmpl as the average , where i guess my average speed was 80++. Thats the all time high record for me. And mind you i thrashed the pedal even up to 140 at times after passing Galle (which is illegal, and shouldnt have been done)

I can remember someone in the Pajero forum quoting a shogun V98 4M41 doing 12.1 but the OP didnt post a pic. 

But all in all , after teh Monty,  my fuel bill exactly doubled from the X-trail (HNT32) , but the pleasure factor shot up by leaps and bounds. This is the vehicle i enjoyed the most up to now.  I think life is too short for watching out the fuel computer but keep on thrashing that peddle and listen to engine groan :) - Dream is to own a LC 200 V8 diesel one day - so lets see..

Yes the Kandy traffic is just unbearable now, a poor constricted road network with numerous bottlenecks, zero traffic lights and drained cops waving about! Not to rant about fuel but I just drive Kei cars in the traffic overcoming the low fuel figures partially.

Have you used the Mitsubishi OEM fuel system cleaner? I Use it like every 25,000km and it improves the idle and the pull quite a lot,

I must say Mitsubishi engines are quite rev happy, I have used 4dr5, 4d56, 4dr6, 4m40, 4m41! They got good grunt in the low end, the turbo  makes it better in the mid rpms and higher end. Not just in the SUVs, even in the high end vans (L400 Chamonix Space Gear etc) Most people don't know the kickback function in the super select gearbox, and just baby the pedal and expect it to pull or else just go into sport mode, the owners manual says to bottom out the pedal for the gearbox to kick down and start pulling lol. 

Edited by tiv
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tiv said:

Yes the Kandy traffic is just unbearable now, a poor constricted road network with numerous bottlenecks, zero traffic lights and drained cops waving about! Not to rant about fuel but I just drive Kei cars in the traffic overcoming the low fuel figures partially.

Have you used the Mitsubishi OEM fuel system cleaner? I Use it like every 25,000km and it improves the idle and the pull quite a lot,

I must say Mitsubishi engines are quite rev happy, I have used 4dr5, 4d56, 4dr6, 4m40, 4m41! They got good grunt in the low end, the turbo  makes it better in the mid rpms and higher end. Not just in the SUVs, even in the high end vans (L400 Chamonix Space Gear etc) Most people don't know the kickback function in the super select gearbox, and just baby the pedal and expect it to pull or else just go into sport mode, the owners manual says to bottom out the pedal for the gearbox to kick down and start pulling lol. 

No i havent used the OEM FSC. Actually didn't know its' existence until you brought the point forward. Thanks

I was surfing thru some of the hardcore pajero blogs from Aussie. From there only i picked up a decent level of knowledge on the vehicle and what it could do. Liqui Moly was the only decent option i could find here. Used Wurth initially but felt Moly was a better option. BTW , from where did you get the OEM FSC imported from?

Kick back is a blessing of the tradi auto trannies. Loved to do that in my Ti , which many didnt know, and the Monty does it in style. I haven't driven many Mitsus apart from the L400 and Lancers. So am ashamed to comment. 

Anyways Kudos Tiv- Nice to chat to a fellow Monty owner and who loves driving it. 

5 minutes ago, Sadik said:

No i havent used the OEM FSC. Actually didn't know its' existence until you brought the point forward. Thanks

I was surfing thru some of the hardcore pajero blogs from Aussie. From there only i picked up a decent level of knowledge on the vehicle and what it could do. Liqui Moly was the only decent option i could find here. Used Wurth initially but felt Moly was a better option. BTW , from where did you get the OEM FSC imported from?

Kick back is a blessing of the tradi auto trannies. Loved to do that in my Ti , which many didnt know, and the Monty does it in style. I haven't driven many Mitsus apart from the L400 and Lancers. So am ashamed to comment. 

Anyways Kudos Tiv- Nice to chat to a fellow Monty owner and who loves driving it. 

You can get the oem cleaner at the agents around 2600 lkr

Cheers mate, nice chat! 

• Thanks 1