• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mitsubishi Pajero Vs Isuzu Big Horn Or Trooper

Nishan.dj

Hi all

I would like to know a simple but very interesting things about buying a Pajero or Trooper/Big Horn. I currently have a 4DR5 but have no idea about Mitsubishi Pajero / Isuzu Big Horn or Trooper. so If I want to buy one of those what would be the best option. I know Mitsubishi is good according to the knowledge I have with 4DR5 Jeeps. So If you know anything ... anything regarding the topic please add a reply. (It does not matter a word or a paragraph. I want to know.) Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Nishan

Pajero is the best option. trooper is not comfrtable dan da pajero and u can easily find spare parts 4 da pajero.its very cheap. dont thnk twice. go for a pajero :alc: :alc: :alc:

bt be awrae abt the pajeros with illegal documents. :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: rechek da documents and chassie numbers befor u buy it !! :violent-smiley-099: :violent-smiley-099: :action-smiley-060: :action-smiley-060:

cheerz !!

Edited by Chathurike

Incidentally I don't think the Big Horn was actually imported to Sri Lanka (if they were they were in very small numbers). Definitely some of the Big Horns in the market are ones imported/ re assembled under body permits.

There are many Body Permit Pajero s as well. Be especially weary of the flat roof, long wheel base model.

let me give you a bit of advice you have a knowledge abut mitsubishis so dont you think it's better to stick with what you know.? just adding my humble two cents. :)

Pajero is the best option. trooper is not comfrtable dan da pajero and u can easily find spare parts 4 da pajero.its very cheap. dont thnk twice. go for a pajero :alc: :alc: :alc:

bt be awrae abt the pajeros with illegal documents. :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: rechek da documents and chassie numbers befor u buy it !! :violent-smiley-099: :violent-smiley-099: :action-smiley-060: :action-smiley-060:

cheerz !!

Thank you. This is more valuable information for me. I didn't know that.

let me give you a bit of advice you have a knowledge abut mitsubishis so dont you think it's better to stick with what you know.? just adding my humble two cents. :)

What you say is true. Of course you are correct on the brand wise. But I was wondering someone will tell me the pros and cons of those. :) it seems Pajero will take the first place.

Incidentally I don't think the Big Horn was actually imported to Sri Lanka (if they were they were in very small numbers). Definitely some of the Big Horns in the market are ones imported/ re assembled under body permits.

There are many Body Permit Pajero s as well. Be especially weary of the flat roof, long wheel base model.

Thanks Don. But can you tell me what is "Be especially weary of the flat roof, long wheel base model." mean? I don't understand. Thanks again.

Thanks Don. But can you tell me what is "Be especially weary of the flat roof, long wheel base model." mean? I don't understand. Thanks again.

The so called "Palath sabha" model of Pajero came in about 4 specs.

Long wheel base high roof (the most common and usually legit)

Long wheel base flat roof (some legit, some body permit)

Short wheel base flat roof (mostly on original chassis so some body permit vehicles are there)

Short wheel base soft top (there is one for sale in AL)

I think there is more demand for the long wheel base flat roof model though not very many of them were imported brand new so quite a few are body permit rebuilds.

Mate,

Be mindful when you buy a pajero...... Coz turbo pajero engines you need to repair very often.before i bought my Bj I was going behind them & kind of hard to find one with a good engine.

Most of the troopers were initially registered under government & be mindful about the original papers when you buy them.

My family had a Pajero SWB Turbowagon in the 90's and I have a Trooper now.Both are solid vehicles though the Mitsu is more comfortable.And although having never owned the Bighorn version I can safely say its what I would buy purely because its value for money when compared to the ridiculously high price tag on the Pajero these days,but if money is no objection then go for it.

All of these are sometimes subjected to various shady schemes,but I'd be more afraid to buy a recon Toyota when considering what is done to them Axios and Allions by car salesman allover the place.But be careful nevertheless.

MasterDon, what are the prices like for these vehicles ?

The Trooper/bighorn goes from 1.5 mil to 2.3-4.lot will depend on the condition and the specs.Recently A 2.8ltr intercooled turbo one went for 2.1 million.

The Palath Sabha Pajero is always 2 mil and upwards,with immaculate turbowagons fetching as much as 3.5 and even 4 million.

• Haha 1

• 7 years later...
On 07/02/2011 at 4:06 PM, Nishan.dj said:

Hi all

I would like to know a simple but very interesting things about buying a Pajero or Trooper/Big Horn. I currently have a 4DR5 but have no idea about Mitsubishi Pajero / Isuzu Big Horn or Trooper. so If I want to buy one of those what would be the best option. I know Mitsubishi is good according to the knowledge I have with 4DR5 Jeeps. So If you know anything ... anything regarding the topic please add a reply. (It does not matter a word or a paragraph. I want to know.) Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Nishan

choose the big horn.its very hardy and less repairs

1 hour ago, bighorn kolla said:

pajero eka leda godak saha mala wada godak.repair iwarayak na

1 hour ago, bighorn kolla said:

but palathsaba pajero is good jeep.Intercooler eka malajarawak

Stop responding to 7 year old threads.