• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Hid Xenon Lights

Ekendra Edrisinghe

Question

The previous owner on the my vehicle had fitted HID Xenon lights using the old lamp reflectors.

My previous vehicle had the normal lights and to me they seemed to appear brighter at night with greater night visibilty.

My guess is that the old reflectors do not match up with the HID Xenon lights.

Can anyone suggest a HID Xenon expert that I can go to so as to get this rectified?

Magnum,

I had fitted HID 3 kit kits of different from 3000k up, got down from Eb-ay. With several other automobile stuff. I found even high wattage.

They do not perform like Halogen bulbs. WITH them it is difficult to drive during rainy weather.Also same problem with early post #148.

Origanil the HID kits price were about 5year back was 500 US$ for a set today cheap products have come to the market.

Some time back police want to prosecute high powered Hid kits. I don't know what happened to that move.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Mr.Sylvi, what are the vehicles that you have fixed those Hid units. Im running with So called cheap Hids for past 2years and Im really satisfied with them . Mind you Im travelling to my work place during night hours, half of the month and fog or rain is so common there. I think what really matter is the type of the headlights that you fixing the hid . I think it's illegal to fix them to normal headlights (without projector lens) as light will scatter and blind the on coming traffic. In rain or fog those high k hids will give poor visibility. Edited by H.C

Mr.Sylvi, what are the vehicles that you have fixed those Hid units. Im running with So called cheap Hids for past 2years and Im really satisfied with them . Mind you Im travelling to my work place during night hours, half of the month and fog or rain is so common there. I think what really matter is the type of the headlights that you fixing the hid . I think it's illegal to fix them to normal headlights (without projector lens) as light will scatter and blind the on coming traffic. In rain or fog those high k hids will give poor visibility.

HC,

I fitted them on my Mauti omni Vehicle. Later I removed them. I have gone back to Halogen high wattage bulbs they consume more amperes.

Steady focused light.not so expensive like HID KITS. Now the hid kits have comedown due to mass production of them in eastern region.

I had blue LED row of lights under my head lights I was stopped by Police officer few days back told told me to remove them.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

good to know that customs will allow them and its legal :sport-smiley-003:

Magnum,

I had no problem getting down by air Parcel post they came to my home.

Your question about 3000K is allowed what the police inform is that low k is OK. If the the incoming motorist do nor find any difficulty.

I have fitted 20 watts to reverse lamps with a small choke because they are 9 volts DC it gives a very bright light when you reverse the vehicle.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Mr. Silvy,

Hi Guys,

I too have the issue with HID'S. I recently fitted a HID kid. When I switch the dim (Low) mode it give a good view of the road with out scattered all around, But when I switch Head (High) the light projection goes scattered all around the place. Is this a issue with a reflectors or any idea how can I fix this.

Car is 99 Wingroad, WFY 11

Thanks in advance,

Sampa

I'm also having same issue after retrofit HID to my FB 15. But why is it happening.? I mean for high beam, there should be low beam +some extra light instead of scatter all the light. (correct me if I'm wrong I said that because HID H4 bulbs, only some covering is removed instead of lighting another filament). And is there any wiring issue when fixing these cheep HID? (like hi/low change... I saw somewhere in web)

without projector lenses, HID'a aren't gonna get you anywhere. you need to focus the light, or else the beam will scatter all over the place with our regular reflectors. try to get a set of aftermarket projectors for your lights. they aren't cheap tho...

• Like 1

without projector lenses, HID'a aren't gonna get you anywhere. you need to focus the light, or else the beam will scatter all over the place with our regular reflectors. try to get a set of aftermarket projectors for your lights. they aren't cheap tho...

Is there any place to get the job done? And how much will it cost?

When i came back from US i ordered Pair of kbcarstuff HIDs for My Premio. pair came with Philips Bulbs & Slim Ballasts consists with quality German chips. kit came with Relays so no long term damage on the OEM Wires. these philips bulbs were 35W ones rather than cheapo 55W (Mostly found on ebay Kits) ones which damage the OEM wiring. Kelvin Temp was 4300k. installtion is prety much straight forward, removing the OLD bulbs and plug the new wiring. i must say, when it compared with ebay KITS Light output seems way better than those claimed 8000K ones. will post some pics when time permits.

Here's the Link for their site (Hope i'm not breaking any forum Rules) :)

http://www.kbcarstuff.com

Edited by Ruslan

When i came back from US i ordered Pair of kbcarstuff HIDs for My Premio. pair came with Philips Bulbs & Slim Ballasts consists with quality German chips. kit came with Relays so no long term damage on the OEM Wires. these philips bulbs were 35W ones rather than cheapo 55W (Mostly found on ebay Kits) ones which damage the OEM wiring. Kelvin Temp was 4300k. installtion is prety much straight forward, removing the OLD bulbs and plug the new wiring. i must say, when it compared with ebay KITS Light output seems way better than those claimed 8000K ones. will post some pics when time permits.

Here's the Link for their site (Hope i'm not breaking any forum Rules) :)

http://www.kbcarstuff.com

Are they H4 bulb? How is high and low beams please upload photos.

It's true but Can't understand what happened to my retrofits because it scatter even the low beam part when switched to high beam, because in theory HID Arc retains in fixed place only a cover moves away so low beam light up are should remains while uncovering extra light, Am I correct?

S*n L**nka has some HID system cost aroun Rs 8000, I asked from them about projector and they dont know anything regarding that.

As sales guy this can install any vehicle,

Is there any one who use that service ?

Well That's depend on stock light(if it with HID) other detail already described it this thread. At the moment I'm having that so called Rs 8000 one but cannot satisfy with it. Komi said B*r* Ste**in Dehivala have it. Going to check at the end of this month.

I've seen the Bara unit on a starlet glanza, Hyundai accent and a civic ek3. Looked bloody brilliant! Even the Hyundai looked dashing with it. That's just looks tho. I didn't see how well the projector worked. My experience on lenses were on my factory ones in the Teg.

Another issue came while discussing with B*ra guys. The price they quoted include HID kit also. So my HID kit will be removed. It is H4 type (bi xenon I think).

So electric/electronic experts please comment, can I use those ballast after changing bulbs(h4) to some other type, with similar watts? Such as for fog lights?

I went through Web but couldn't find satisfactory answer. Even B*ra and the shop which fixed my current HID kit (S*amp*th stickers Kurunegala) didn't give a proper answer.

Anyway I will fix Projectors on 27th.

Another issue came while discussing with B*ra guys. The price they quoted include HID kit also. So my HID kit will be removed. It is H4 type (bi xenon I think). So electric/electronic experts please comment, can I use those ballast after changing bulbs(h4) to some other type, with similar watts? Such as for fog lights? I went through Web but couldn't find satisfactory answer. Even B*ra and the shop which fixed my current HID kit (S*amp*th stickers Kurunegala) didn't give a proper answer. Anyway I will fix Projectors on 27th.

Hi,

According to my knowledge, YES, You can use old ballast if wattage is same. “Bi-xenon” related to the bulb which operates with relay to achieve Hi/Lo beam by moving filament back and forward.

So I did it at last and it was successful ultimately. what i can say is if you want HID specially Bixenon for halogen H4, go for projectors otherwise it will be a failure.

9384477927_4650de7cde_m.jpg

Low beam

47678_10200976400386509_2136108326_n.jpg

High beam

1011558_10200976400546513_782564582_n.jp

Edited by Charith H Jayasinghe

Got a set of 3200k high beam and 6000k low beam from dx.com. Delivered to doorstep. 35$ each. Free shipping. Bara installed for 800/-

Site is worth checking out.

Hope those are without projectors as you already have lenses. Komi, just to know, why do you use 3200k for high beam? Aren't they for fog lights?

Machan does it include all the stuff, I mean 2 bulbs, ballasts, and mounting plates?.

yup. two bulbs, two ballasts, two mounting plates, the wiring and clips etc, all in a neat little box. came right home. 35$ free shipping. DX after sales service is really good. they was a delay in processing the order, they emailed me saying stocks finished, and if i like i can place a different order, wait, or get a full refund. 2 days later i contact a help desk girl via chat, and she checked the order and said stocks arrived, and shipment processed. within 5 working days, i got it.

not bad at all.