• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Hid Xenon Lights

Ekendra Edrisinghe

Question

The previous owner on the my vehicle had fitted HID Xenon lights using the old lamp reflectors.

My previous vehicle had the normal lights and to me they seemed to appear brighter at night with greater night visibilty.

My guess is that the old reflectors do not match up with the HID Xenon lights.

Can anyone suggest a HID Xenon expert that I can go to so as to get this rectified?

Yep, good deal. I got those unbranded ebay 3000k bulbs, wire, and two ballasts for 21$. But couldn't find mounting plates for cheap.

Hope you can fix it with double sided gum stickers I mean the ballast. My previous kit was applied to inside wall above tyres.

Edited by Charith H Jayasinghe

How did they install projector lenses to normal headlights? or did you bought a headlight with projectors?

It was installed to existing headlights after remove front cover using a heat gun. Projectors were fixed to the reflector. They had to remove the cap like part extending from the reflector to cover the H4 bulb.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Charith H Jayasinghe" data-cid="244850" data-time="1375766689"><p>

Hope you can fix it with double sided gum stickers I mean the ballast. My previous kit was applied to inside wall above tyres.</p></blockquote>

Managed to fix them at home with thick wire ties and 3M double sided tape. But mounting plates would be neat and tidy.

Hope you can fix it with double sided gum stickers I mean the ballast. My previous kit was applied to inside wall above tyres.

Managed to fix them at home with thick wire ties and 3M double sided tape. But mounting plates would be neat and tidy.

I didn't need a wire tie. I was passed nicely with sticker, I mean the size of large face of ballast. They were pretty decent.

yep,fixed 3000k h3 and those fogs have projector lence like glass cover, so no glare.(they are identical to komis fogs as Eg,Teg have some similar parts). Got them from Ebay. Total cost was around 10k including the tax.No halo rings. Just 2 hours of DIY as had to remove the front bumper,otherwise its just plug & play.

Edited by H.C

so you had to pay tax? how much? I've brought down some but yet haven't come across tax. I'm also planning to fix those. How much did they take to fix?

Fogs came in a bit larger box and had to pay around 3000rs for it. I installed them at home with some helping hand from my wife! :)

I think the issue is with the Holder of the light. In Nissan there are few cars (FB15, wingroad ect) comes with "H4B" bulb type. Different is H4B holder is smaller than the normal H4. When you fix the normal H$ to H4B the bulb does not fix properly to the holder hence the light will scattered. I removed my exixting H$ and fix it to Allion which has normal H4 Holder. and it works fine.

If you can see the bulb type of the regional bulb u had in you FB15 you will see the difference

Not that actually, it is due to mechanism which use to create light. Halogen use heated filament and in HID uses an arc. Filament make light source over shape but arc more cylindrical(from Internet) and even in bi xenon uses single arc where as H4 uses 2 filaments. These deference makes light more scattered and ineffective in conventional reflectors.

hi

im looking for a HID H4 6000k kit with warranty, or a CREE H4 LED kit with warranty, plz let me knw if anyone is there

thanks

Sorry I can't help you out right away with a name or location you can go to; but some locations in the Colombo area where you can go enquire are listed throughout this thread.

Anyways, props to you 'kani' for :

1. Using the search function

2. Posting in a relevant thread

3. Doing all this on your first post.

Good on you, and welcome to Autolanka!

Btw: 'kani' where are you located? And when you say 'looking for a HID H4 6000k kit with warranty, or a CREE H4 LED kit with warranty' do you need it to be an installed unit sold with a warranty in Sri Lanka, or can you make do with a warranty on the product off the seller' ebay site / manufacturer's website? ( If its the latter you will have to check with the manufacturer or seller if the warranty is still valid if you have it installed yourself in Sri Lanka.)

Edited by Kavvz
  • Like 1

Hello,

I want to convert my light from halogens to HID. I've already bought an HID kit (35w, 4300K). I'll be getting HID projectors next week.

So basically is there any place that could do the retrofit for me? I don't have the tools to go about cutting into my headlight assembly and would rather let someone who actually knows what they are doing, do the job.

Going through the thread, seems like bara stereos can perform the job? Any other recommendations(I'm in Panadura so ideally Colombo would be the furthest I'd want to travel to)?

Thanks in advance!