• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Hid Xenon Lights

Ekendra Edrisinghe

Question

The previous owner on the my vehicle had fitted HID Xenon lights using the old lamp reflectors.

My previous vehicle had the normal lights and to me they seemed to appear brighter at night with greater night visibilty.

My guess is that the old reflectors do not match up with the HID Xenon lights.

Can anyone suggest a HID Xenon expert that I can go to so as to get this rectified?

Bump! I also want!! But they just don't bring it here

id say buying off ebay would be cheaper mate. since h3 is single beam, it's cheaper than the usual bi xenons used for headlights.

Just remember that HID bulbs in fog lamps are just as bad (or worse, since they're not adjustable) as HID bulbs in head lamps meant for halogens. The light scatter is crap and is a pain to on coming traffic as well as those driving ahead of you (mirrors become useless).

BTW I fitted the Osram Nightbreaker H3s this morning, but I'll have to wait till tonight for a field test. I'm hoping they will have the same extended reach the H4s do.

Dunno about the all the HID conversions, but I sure wish that people learn NOT to use the High Beams in city running. I swear to God one of these days if I am in that kinda mood, I will crash in to one of the monkeys head on, not caring who I kill inside either car.

Learn to drive on the LOW beam and use the HIGH beam only on open roads. Please.

• Like 3

Dunno about the all the HID conversions, but I sure wish that people learn NOT to use the High Beams in city running. I swear to God one of these days if I am in that kinda mood, I will crash in to one of the monkeys head on, not caring who I kill inside either car.

Learn to drive on the LOW beam and use the HIGH beam only on open roads. Please.

I already play chicken with oncoming traffic who use their high beams. As for those behind me, I just try to put as many cars between them and me.

I already play chicken with oncoming traffic who use their high beams. As for those behind me, I just try to put as many cars between them and me.

I too went for high powered driving lights due to morons driving with high beams on. Almost never drive on high beam myself but when some d.head comes in with heads on, its a great feeling to have 460watts of payback :D So far, just one flash gets almost everyone to dip the high beam.

As for people trailing behind with heads on blinding you...i slowdown, let them pass and return the favor :) for added pleasure, i will randomly flash the beams too :)

once i trailed an allion guy like this all the way from maradana to peliyagoda untill he eventually pulled over and parked roadside :D

I was a bit against changing in to HIDs but after a few days of constant night driving and seeing most of these monkeys in Allions, Elites and all kind of new cars and the absolute uneducated Godaya new rich mofos in their HID equipped Maruti's and Suzuki Every minivans constantly on HIGH, even on the well lit stretch of GAlle Road, perhaps tomorow I will go get some HIDs on the car.

I know some of you morons are reading this, FYI, that blue light on the dash board is to say that your High beam head lights are blinding the oncoming driver. If you were driving in a more cvilized country, most of your monkeys will be fined through your nose for dangerous driving.

So I say again, use LOW when in city or there is oncoimng traffic or even following another car. Use HIGH only when you are on open roads or you need extra lighting for short distances.

Edited by VVTi
  • Like 2

i donno bout others here but i only use the high beams inside small side roads.. and even with a open road i dont feel the need to use high beams

however, the previous owner of the car has fitted a sperate wire and socket harness to fit 100/90W bulbs for the headlamps and becouse of that the

high beam inidicator light in the dashboard isnt working. so there was some times i have forgotten to switch back to low..

I too went for high powered driving lights due to morons driving with high beams on. Almost never drive on high beam myself but when some d.head comes in with heads on, its a great feeling to have 460watts of payback :D So far, just one flash gets almost everyone to dip the high beam. As for people trailing behind with heads on blinding you...i slowdown, let them pass and return the favor :) for added pleasure, i will randomly flash the beams too :) once i trailed an allion guy like this all the way from maradana to peliyagoda untill he eventually pulled over and parked roadside :D

lucky you Ripper :) . allion owners they are the same in everywhere just today when i coming home there was a one a-hole in a allion with the high beam on comes behind me and he was honking continuously and try to overtake me in bend when there was vehicles comes from other side of the road i was very tired and i could barely driving that idiot don't overtake me and stayed behind me for almost a 1km to annoys me with the high beam on and honking. :angry2: why those allion drivers want to be douchebags is beyond me.

Edited by nexus

I was a bit against changing in to HIDs but after a few days of constant night driving and seeing most of these monkeys in Allions, Elites and all kind of new cars and the absolute uneducated Godaya new rich mofos in their HID equipped Maruti's and Suzuki Every minivans constantly on HIGH, even on the well lit stretch of GAlle Road, perhaps tomorow I will go get some HIDs on the car.

I know some of you morons are reading this, FYI, that blue light on the dash board is to say that your High beam head lights are blinding the oncoming driver. If you were driving in a more cvilized country, most of your monkeys will be fined through your nose for dangerous driving.

So I say again, use LOW when in city or there is oncoimng traffic or even following another car. Use HIGH only when you are on open roads or you need extra lighting for short distances.

you cant correct those guys, you also just use your high beam, and dip it only if they do!

bdw is it an offence in some countries to follow another vehicle with high beam?

As for people trailing behind with heads on blinding you...i slowdown, let them pass and return the favor :) for added pleasure, i will randomly flash the beams too :)

once i trailed an allion guy like this all the way from maradana to peliyagoda untill he eventually pulled over and parked roadside :D

I tried this with a moronic 121 driver on Friday. He was behind me flashing and honking on sri japura mawatha, I let him pass and and then flashed the high beams all the way to the parliament road roundabout. But he was oblivious to what was happening behind him, instead he was doing the same thing again to the guy in front of him! That quite literally proves these idiots don't fkn use any of the three mirrors their car comes with.

I wish I had a truck to mount an array of off road HID lights on the bumper and roof of.

• Like 1

you cant correct those guys, you also just use your high beam, and dip it only if they do!

bdw is it an offence in some countries to follow another vehicle with high beam?

Not sure about that, but it certainly is proper etiquette to lower ones beams when following another vehicle. I know some countries have low beam only areas, denoted by clear road signs.

I tried this with a moronic 121 driver on Friday. He was behind me flashing and honking on sri japura mawatha, I let him pass and and then flashed the high beams all the way to the parliament road roundabout. But he was oblivious to what was happening behind him, instead he was doing the same thing again to the guy in front of him! That quite literally proves these idiots don't fkn use any of the three mirrors their car comes with.

I wish I had a truck to mount an array of off road HID lights on the bumper and roof of.

gotta say i'm very VERY happy with my two hella rallye 2000's :) works like a charm everytime and the best investment i made for the truck.

I've aimed one light slightly higher so even bus/truck drivers get their share.

But given the choice...i'd rather drive in my low beams happily enjoying some good music without having to stress over anything. that includes chasing monkeys with high power lights :D

Not sure about that, but it certainly is proper etiquette to lower ones beams when following another vehicle. I know some countries have low beam only areas, denoted by clear road signs.

True, its annoying when someone is following you with high beam but i don't have that problem coz my car is fully tinted, including the front glasses

Hi Guys,

I too have the issue with HID'S. I recently fitted a HID kid. When I switch the dim (Low) mode it give a good view of the road with out scattered all around, But when I switch Head (High) the light projection goes scattered all around the place. Is this a issue with a reflectors or any idea how can I fix this.

Car is 99 Wingroad, WFY 11

Thanks in advance,

Sampa

Edited by sampa

Hi Guys,

I too have the issue with HID'S. I recently fitted a HID kid. When I switch the dim (Low) mode it give a good view of the road with out scattered all around, But when I switch Head (High) the light projection goes scattered all around the place. Is this a issue with a reflectors or any idea how can I fix this.

Thanks in advance,

Sampa

Hi Guys,

Thanks in advance,

Sampa

Magnum,

I had fitted HID 3 kit kits of different from 3000k up, got down from Eb-ay. With several other automobile stuff. I found even high wattage.

They do not perform like Halogen bulbs. WITH them it is difficult to drive during rainy weather.Also same problem with early post #148.

Origanil the HID kits price were about 5year back was 500 US$ for a set today cheap products have come to the market.

Some time back police want to prosecute high powered Hid kits. I don't know what happened to that move.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Magnum,

I had fitted HID 3 kit kits of different from 3000k up, got down from Eb-ay. With several other automobile stuff. I found even high wattage.

They do not perform like Halogen bulbs. WITH them it is difficult to drive during rainy weather.Also same problem with early post #148.

Origanil the HID kits price were about 5year back was 500 US$ for a set today cheap products have come to the market.

Some time back police want to prosecute high powered Hid kits. I don't know what happened to that move.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

So those 3000K HIDs are allowed in Sri Lankan isnt it?

yes i have heard about those problems driving in the rain with high kelvin HID