• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Hid Xenon Lights

Ekendra Edrisinghe

Question

The previous owner on the my vehicle had fitted HID Xenon lights using the old lamp reflectors.

My previous vehicle had the normal lights and to me they seemed to appear brighter at night with greater night visibilty.

My guess is that the old reflectors do not match up with the HID Xenon lights.

Can anyone suggest a HID Xenon expert that I can go to so as to get this rectified?

hi i have something to clear is white light is brighter than daylight (nealy yellow) as i never exp with HID all i drive so far has normal lights (daylight) and visibility increase replacing HID I just call for HID seller appear ##### and told me Complete kit (according to my carmodel head and dim in same ) cost 6500 brand is phillips and 1yrs warrenty is there any model to select will this one good pls help me as i also planning to install one

Dear I saw ##### this one Chamara Sticker Kadawatha, 0723111444 or 0113111444 i from kiribathgoda just call they told they have phillips for one year warrenty and come home to fixing just 300rs transport 6000k and dim and head in same bulb.I also plan to install as either as low cost.

Hi i installed HID set from this place 6000/= 1yrs warrenty the thing is its not phillips just chinese but thinking the money did it its good this is my firstime exp with HID i notice that when i switch on it takes around some seconds to get bright then its ok initally its little dim is this normal situvation?

Ok thanks Terrabytetango it takes only around 5second then its clear and bright. and will this unit cause more amphere taking from battery or will it good for the battery compare to original lights (55w halogen)

If your HID bulbs are less than 55W (most likely it should), it will draw less current than before. HID lights are more efficient than halogens.

Hi i installed HID set from this place 6000/= 1yrs warrenty the thing is its not phillips just chinese but thinking the money did it its good this is my firstime exp with HID i notice that when i switch on it takes around some seconds to get bright then its ok initally its little dim is this normal situvation?

Hatharasinghe,

How is the focusing and Low/High Beam ratio of newly installed HIDs. Is it better than the existing halegons?

Edited by anjulau78

Actually my car has a prob as Head light position is not focus and and its very high position so even i cant see clear and dangerous for opposite drivers but Dim position is good focused so compare with halegons HID has better performance its clear in halegons sometime side visibilty is not good but now its good.Anyway i tried to focus the Head Position but several places told should come after dark its funny and one told more than the current position unable to adjust so still its a matter as any DIY for this.

I can't stress this point enough, and I'm sure I've stated it before: Your car's standard halogen headlight will not properly reflect the light from an HID bulb. This is because of the difference in shape of a Halogen bulb filament VS HID bulb arc. This is why your light output is funky. When I had my van, I had to position the lamps much lower than I would have with halogens.

The other issue with aftermarket HID is that that there's very little difference between low and high beams (headlights), because the dipped beam is created by a solenoid mounted shroud which moves to partially obscure the light. In halogens there are two separate filaments taking care of this.

@hatharasinghe if your headlights are focusing very high, its very likely your low beams are already creating glare on oncoming traffic. I had this issue with my van, when I had finally found the correct position, the high beam was quite useless because it would not shine as high as halogen bulbs would.

It's because of these issues I decided not to go HID with my Vios but instead invest in good halogen bulbs instead.

Edited by terrabytetango
  • Like 2

Ok thanks Terrabytetango im sure i have this matter is there any good branded halogen pls update me .But Dim position of HID is better than previous Halogen.and is it possible to adjust correct position at daytime as lot of elctricians told me come at after dark its funny.

hey guys I've ordered a bmw 520D for permit and It comes with normal yellow lights, I would Like to get a luxury look in it by changing the HEADLAMPS with original HID kits any suggestions? how much would it cost and where can i get Original HID's in sri lanka? with a greater night driving brighten lights?

Really appreciate if you guys help :)

Thanks !

hey guys I've ordered a bmw 520D for permit and It comes with normal yellow lights, I would Like to get a luxury look in it by changing the HEADLAMPS with original HID kits any suggestions? how much would it cost and where can i get Original HID's in sri lanka? with a greater night driving brighten lights?

Really appreciate if you guys help :)

Thanks !

:sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004:

• Like 1

Ok thanks Terrabytetango im sure i have this matter is there any good branded halogen pls update me .But Dim position of HID is better than previous Halogen.and is it possible to adjust correct position at daytime as lot of elctricians told me come at after dark its funny.

i run 100w halogens on my rallye 2000's. they are really bright.

Original Hella branded bulbs bought from Motorcade. PIAA halogens too are really good but i couldn't source it in SL. buying online is the only option that i'm aware of.

Just to clarify things for @hatharasinghe, don't use 100W bulbs in your normal headlamps. Your car's headlight circuitry is not designed to provide that much power. In addition, its very likely you will damage the headlamp assembly through excess heat.

The Rallye 2000 @Ripper refers to are after market driving lights designed for high wattage use when installed properly.

The generic chinese brands are nearly all the same. Shouldn't have any issue as far as compatibility with ballast is concerned, as long as you use bulbs of the stipulated wattage.

Thanks terrabytetango can i replace with branded bulbs ( OSRAM ,Philiips, ) for chinese set even the correct wattage

yes you can. as long as the bulb type and the wattage is the same as the chinese one you're replacing with.