• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Hid Xenon Lights

Ekendra Edrisinghe

Question

The previous owner on the my vehicle had fitted HID Xenon lights using the old lamp reflectors.

My previous vehicle had the normal lights and to me they seemed to appear brighter at night with greater night visibilty.

My guess is that the old reflectors do not match up with the HID Xenon lights.

Can anyone suggest a HID Xenon expert that I can go to so as to get this rectified?

Matchan, Are you using LED bulbs for ur high beam? Are these LED bulbs brighter than stock halogens? Im thinking of upgrading my Low beams with HID Xenons 6000k and High beams with LED 6000k bulbs. Any thoughts?

Also you got those LED's off EBay ?

Unfortunately my vehicle uses only 2 bulbs, so I've fitted bi-xenons. I think the LEDs are at least as bright as halogens, if not more.

is xenon and HID the same?

Xenon is the gas filled inside a bulb. There are non HID Xenon gas filled lights and they too market as Xenon lights. HID is High Intensity Discharge, where there's no filament to glow, but an electric spark/arc to work as the source of light. HIDs are energy efficient as conventional filament bulb will emit lot of heat as oppose to HID

is xenon and HID the same?

There are Xenon gas bulbs which is less expensive than HID kits and which gives the same look. But they are not as bright as a proper HID conversion kit.

i saw Philips HID kids in a shop near Bernerds building kohuwala. Passing Bernerds building 200 -300 m towards kohuwala junction.

Edited by JayZ

Hey guys,

First of all I apologize for my ignorance on this subject, My query is, there is a gadget that can be fitted to amplify current from the battery, when installing a higher wattage bulb with blue light on to the vehicle. Which will ease off the strain on the battery. I wanna know the name of the that gadget.

Hey guys,

First of all I apologize for my ignorance on this subject, My query is, there is a gadget that can be fitted to amplify current from the battery, when installing a higher wattage bulb with blue light on to the vehicle. Which will ease off the strain on the battery. I wanna know the name of the that gadget.

I believe a relay will help

Hi, Be careful if you are changing your new car lights to HID, I have a experience with Autopal, they have used Autobest HID Zenon lights, the headlight adjustment was not working, can't drive at night as bulbs are not aligned well. I had to take those again to them, the problem was that the quality of the things are not as original japaneese HID zenon. Don't go to autopal, they will ruin your wiring system as well.

If your car is more than 10 years old try experimenting, otherwise don't change original lights.

guys i saw an advetisement saying they have phillips HID conversion kits for 12k in SL with a warranty.with the prices mentioned here,could it be possible??

most older cars are not meant for HID's. and the crystal facets of the lights will scatter HID beam, which will make illumination deplorable! its best if you can fit a profector kit for your lights before putting in HID's. you can get the whole kit at B*ra stereos on galle road, dehiwala. its about 30k with the lights. if you have factory fitted projectors, then jsut get a set of HId's.

guys i saw an advetisement saying they have phillips HID conversion kits for 12k in SL with a warranty.with the prices mentioned here,could it be possible??

Nope definitely not original, minimum would be around 15k. I got my kit from ebay and still it cost me 18k+ shipping

Nope definitely not original, minimum would be around 15k. I got my kit from ebay and still it cost me 18k+ shipping

OMG r u srs?? I got down my entire set for 6k and some change back in 2009. And they were 35W bi-xenons with the slim unibody ballasts. Shit is expensive :/

Edited by terrabytetango

OMG r u srs?? I got down my entire set for 6k and some change back in 2009. And they were 35W bi-xenons with the slim unibody ballasts. Shit is expensive :/

The unbranded stuff are still around for 6-7k but the original Philips ones i found were around 15k minimum. Most sellers only had 6000k but i wanted 4300k so i bought it even though the cost is a tincy bit high.

The unbranded stuff are still around for 6-7k but the original Philips ones i found were around 15k minimum. Most sellers only had 6000k but i wanted 4300k so i bought it even though the cost is a tincy bit high.

Machan, what was the amount (%)you had to pay to get it released from customs?. Cauz i too plannin to get down a set of hid for my fog lights, but bit reluctant nw due to my ignorance about our tax system. Edited by H.C

Machan, what was the amount (%)you had to pay to get it released from customs?. Cauz i too plannin to get down a set of hid for my fog lights, but bit reluctant nw due to my ignorance about our tax system.

I dunno how its now but back then it was only about 15% of the item, even now i dont think it will set you back more than 3000.

I believe a relay will help

nope. a relay cant "increase" the power of a battery. All it does is operating a high power circuit with a low powered electrical switch.

It's good when you dont want to burn your switches out by having high current flowing through them.

It has no effect on increasing power.

Most people use relays to get power directly off the battery but operate that circuit with your normal switch.

A relay is nothing but a electromagnetic switch

I dunno how its now but back then it was only about 15% of the item, even now i dont think it will set you back more than 3000.

Thanks for the reply mate!. I had to pay almost 4000 rupees for set of fogs valued 90$ with shipping about 2months back. i dont know wheather it has increased after recent tax alteration.

I have problems when driving at night as headlights not good my car is kia spectra 2001 model and first headlight alignment done but said to me only "DIM" position was aligned but "HEAD" Position coudnt adjust properly but told me did their best when position to HEAD the beams are on upper level not on to the road and cant use as opposite drivers get problems but "Dim" ok i checked this several places L*Ala*wa*tt* then Ma*Ci** and someother places somebody told me to install HID for dim position and then can get better lights will it work Any specifications for selecting HID pls upgrade me.

Not exactly illegal as I have never been stopped by police regarding my Lights.

Tint on front passenger windows is not allowed. 100 percent Illegal and the Police will peel it off if stopped. "Does not apply to factory tint since its non removable"

Do not put super high kelvin temperature lights. They are blinding.

Also Adjust the reflector to point slightly downwards using the in car adjust dial.

For good value and good service try AUTO PAL. I bought my lights there and after a year and 3 months they malfunctioned. Water had gotten into the wire circuit.

I went to get them checked and they first clarified if I was under warranty. Since not under warranty I got a new wire kit at a very affordable price replaced by them. Lights are all ok.

Very happy switching to HID as road visibility greatly increased.

Just for Laughs:

Motorists just keep knocking down the little street lights we have making them a requirement! LOL!

hi i have something to clear is white light is brighter than daylight (nealy yellow) as i never exp with HID all i drive so far has normal lights (daylight) and visibility increase replacing HID I just call for HID seller appear ##### and told me Complete kit (according to my carmodel head and dim in same ) cost 6500 brand is phillips and 1yrs warrenty is there any model to select will this one good pls help me as i also planning to install one