• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Hid Xenon Lights

Ekendra Edrisinghe

Question

The previous owner on the my vehicle had fitted HID Xenon lights using the old lamp reflectors.

My previous vehicle had the normal lights and to me they seemed to appear brighter at night with greater night visibilty.

My guess is that the old reflectors do not match up with the HID Xenon lights.

Can anyone suggest a HID Xenon expert that I can go to so as to get this rectified?

The previous owner on the my vehicle had fitted HID Xenon lights using the old lamp reflectors.

My previous vehicle had the normal lights and to me they seemed to appear brighter at night with greater night visibilty.

Can anyone suggest a HID Xenon expert that I can go to so as to get this rectified?

Buddy

HIDs are should be used on headlights which are designed for HIDs :).Some normal reflectors would scatter it everywhere and it will make the lights look dimmer.Also check whether the Lights are adjusted Properly and also how many Kelvins are your HIDs?

Edited by kelum_wj

ok when you put the light on light beam getting brighter of it stay that way ?

any way you can brighten the light beam by cleaning headlamp. check the hid unit wires are fit correctly. :)

does that projector lamps always come with HID xenon?, because in Allion nzt 260, 2007 - 2009 modal company fitted HID comes without projector lamps ( please correct me if i wrong)

Some cars with projectors come with Halogens and some come with HIDs on non projector Housing. But I think they are designed for HIDs.

You are correct :).But it works best on Projector headlamps

Edited by kelum_wj

Some cars with projectors come with Halogens and some come with HIDs on non projector Housing. But I think they are designed for HIDs.

You are correct :).But it works best on Projector headlamps

+1

Thanks guys for your responses.

I can see a pair of Promota V61 HID Standard Balasts fitted. Not sure how many Kelvins these lights are but I was able to get the lights adjusted. I don't think that the reflectors are Xenon types. I need to find a place that can help me out. If possible text details to 0777736701. Thanks

I can see a pair of Promota V61 HID Standard Balasts fitted. Not sure how many Kelvins these lights are but I was able to get the lights adjusted. I don't think that the reflectors are Xenon types. I need to find a place that can help me out. If possible text details to 0777736701. Thanks

Finding projector light housing might be a tough thing if a general google search doesn't show you anything for your vehicle. There are a lot of arguments on the web and here in AL before about this. I will not worry about the arguments too much if I were you. I think it's a adjustment thing and you'll be fine after that.

Buddy.Finding a Projector housing might be difficult and also sometimes costly and dont be worried about it bro if you are getting the desired output after adjusting.:)

Edited by kelum_wj

Finding projector light housing might be a tough thing if a general google search doesn't show you anything for your vehicle. There are a lot of arguments on the web and here in AL before about this. I will not worry about the arguments too much if I were you. I think it's a adjustment thing and you'll be fine after that.

+1 :)

ok my two cents on this.. i installed an HID kit on my Astina. and the light output was great.. since its a low car i couldnt see jack with the normal halogens.. 6000K was my kelvin rate..

for you if the cleaing and adjusting dont help.. i sugggest go for the 4000K golden color HID.. by far they are give the best light output..

• Like 1

i have to agree with JohnGalt because when i first fitted the hid unit i got a low illumination on the road after head light adjustment it's was give more illumination on road and after using it some time light got more brighter.

and it takes some time to reach it color temperature. :)

Thank you all for your invaluable advice.

How can I verify the color temperature of my unit?

look at this images you can get the idea of color temperature :)

yONU1.jpg

yQnyO.jpg

Edited by nexus
  • Like 1

Is there any law against using hid s in sri lanka

my lights seem a little inadequate so i wanted to switch to hid

yet a friend told me they r illeagal so i had to change my mind

Word on the street is that anything above 6000k is illegal. But you know, this is Siri Lanka so you might get away with 8000k too. Definitely not 10000k and above though.

Could someone give me a fair idea of the price of a HID conversion kit? Thought of changing mine too, maybe to something around 4000k.

i asked from s-nl---a and they told me that it will cost around 15k :mellow:

Could someone give me a fair idea of the price of a HID conversion kit? Thought of changing mine too, maybe to something around 4000k.

it will cost around 13k to 28k mostly price are based on manufactured brand and color temperature :)