• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Landcruiser Prado 1997

Ekendra Edrisinghe

Can anyone tell me from where I can purchase GENUINE Toyota spare parts for the Landcruiser Prado 1997? Initially I am looking for Front and Rear brake pads, Two big rubber blocks (not sure what they are called, but fitted to the rear axel shaft) to prevent rolling from side to side, and front suspension upper and lower arm bushes. Also the top radiator hose.

I am planning on getting the work done at a workshop on Saranankara Rd, Dehiwala

Hey man,recently my fathers toyota hilux got in to a fatal accident bt recovered if not for the help of my fathers mechanic,dz guy re installed all with the geniune sets,he brought them from sri lankas only toyota orginal parts dealer,even toyota lanka buys 4rm him,a part dat wud normally cost 15000 odd wud cost only 3000 with him...i dnt knw the person,bt da garage in which v gt da cab repaired z in vijerama itz called Deniyaya Motors..

Edited by CyRaX

Hey man,recently my fathers toyota hiluk got in to a fatal accident bt recovered if not for the help of my fathers mechanic,dz guy re installed all with the geniune sets,he brought them from sri lankas only toyota orginal parts dealer,even toyota lanka buys 4rm him,a part dat wud normally cost 15000 odd wud cost only 3000 with him...i dnt knw the person,bt da garage in which v gt da cab repaired z in vijerama itz called Deniyaya Motors..

i thought t#yota l#nka directly import parts from japan <_<

and btw what is the toyota hiluk? :blink:

Hey man,recently my fathers toyota hiluk got in to a fatal accident bt recovered if not for the help of my fathers mechanic,dz guy re installed all with the geniune sets,he brought them from sri lankas only toyota orginal parts dealer,even toyota lanka buys 4rm him,a part dat wud normally cost 15000 odd wud cost only 3000 with him...i dnt knw the person,bt da garage in which v gt da cab repaired z in vijerama itz called Deniyaya Motors..

Thank you CyRax. Greatly appreciate your response. If possible I shall be obliged if you can let me have the address/contact details of Deniyaya Motors to 0777736701.

What a load of bollocks. First and foremost in Sri Lanka there is no shortage of genuine Toyota parts and while one has to be careful of imitations they are not difficult to find. The other place with a genuine reputation for genuine parts apart from Toyota Lanka is MM Organisation in Panchikawatte (if they are still there).

Secondly the repair the OP mentions isn't a complicated job and any competent garage should be able to handle it. Replacing anti roll bar bushes isn't rocket science is it?

What a load of bollocks. First and foremost in Sri Lanka there is no shortage of genuine Toyota parts and while one has to be careful of imitations they are not difficult to find. The other place with a genuine reputation for genuine parts apart from Toyota Lanka is MM Organisation in Panchikawatte (if they are still there).

Secondly the repair the OP mentions isn't a complicated job and any competent garage should be able to handle it. Replacing anti roll bar bushes isn't rocket science is it?

your right,bt finding a person who wud do it right z hard,even reputated ngo's get there vans repairs here,personally i saw a a new hiace owned by R*d cr#ss getting rep by him,da it had fallen 4rm a slope in badulla,da roof of da van had cruched da seats inside,i personaly saw him doing it step by step cz our swift wz there 4 repairs,i sw da whole process,everything wz done in da proper way.....ofcource finding a spare parts dealer z nt dificult,bt all those dealers out there buys 4rm da place where he buyz 4rm,so doin the job with him z cheap

your right,bt finding a person who wud do it right z hard,even reputated ngo's get there vans repairs here,personally i saw a a new hiace owned by R*d cr#ss getting rep by him,da it had fallen 4rm a slope in badulla,da roof of da van had cruched da seats inside,i personaly saw him doing it step by step cz our swift wz there 4 repairs,i sw da whole process,everything wz done in da proper way.....ofcource finding a spare parts dealer z nt dificult,bt all those dealers out there buys 4rm da place where he buyz 4rm,so doin the job with him z cheap

Ah TOYOTAS and their amazing abilities to make complete idiots out of people... :)

hehehe i was thinking the same thing.

I'm sure this guy watched everything being done step-by-step, but probably stepped out for a cup of tea when they were sticking on the 'hilux' badge..

Look, you're 16 and yet to learn a lot about the world. Firstly, look at how everyone else has typed and learn to use proper english. You might be an active member at Elakiri, but that doesnt mean the whole internet tries that fake sh!t to look cool.

Just cos that guy told you he sold a parts at 1/4 the original cost as Toyota Lanka, doesnt mean he's good.

And just cos your mechanic repairs NGO vehicles doesnt mean he's the best. It could also mean that he'd the mechanic who gives the biggest cut to the driver.

hehehe i was thinking the same thing.

I'm sure this guy watched everything being done step-by-step, but probably stepped out for a cup of tea when they were sticking on the 'hilux' badge..

same hear Watchman...... :lol:

Edited by nexus

Look, you're 16 and yet to learn a lot about the world. Firstly, look at how everyone else has typed and learn to use proper english. You might be an active member at Elakiri, but that doesnt mean the whole internet tries that fake sh!t to look cool.

Just cos that guy told you he sold a parts at 1/4 the original cost as Toyota Lanka, doesnt mean he's good.

And just cos your mechanic repairs NGO vehicles doesnt mean he's the best. It could also mean that he'd the mechanic who gives the biggest cut to the driver.

:grinning-smiley-003:

Your language reflects who you are. And your language is disgusting!!

So your saying that Toyota lanka buys parts from him and sells it to us for 5 times the normal cost ? If thats the case then buying just the bare body and getting parts from him 5 times lesser than the normal cost and putting it together would be cheaper than buying an entire car wouldnt it ?

The only conclusion i can come to by your statement is that either you are really bad at math or you just suck at lying :action-smiley-060::violent-smiley-099:

BTW its Hilux not "hiluk", you dont even know the name of your own vehicle ? what kind of moron are you ?

Edited by The Stig

So your saying that Toyota lanka buys parts from him and sells it to us for 5 times the normal cost ? If thats the case then buying just the bare body and getting parts from him 5 times lesser than the normal cost and putting it together would be cheaper than buying an entire car wouldnt it ?

The only conclusion i can come to by your statement is that either you are really bad at math or you just suck at lying :action-smiley-060::violent-smiley-099:

BTW its Hilux not "hiluk", you dont even know the name of your own vehicle ? what kind of moron are you ?

i think the same stig

if roof had collapsed on to the seats...the vehicle should have been condemned...

and i doubt a reputed places like toyota lanka will try to "fix" a condemned vehicle unlike these makabasses on the roadside

and for genuine parts...MM organization and toyota lanka are the two places you can buy genuine stuff without having to worry about it.

there are compatible parts for toyotas that are not "genuine" for half the price if one wants that option

but a claim from a person who doesn't even know the name of the vehicle really doesn't make much of a case :P

It would be interesting to see if there were genuine part numbers and hologram safety stickers on those parts that came four five times cheaper :P

if roof had collapsed on to the seats...the vehicle should have been condemned...

and i doubt a reputed places like toyota lanka will try to "fix" a condemned vehicle unlike these makabasses on the roadside

and for genuine parts...MM organization and toyota lanka are the two places you can buy genuine stuff without having to worry about it.

there are compatible parts for toyotas that are not "genuine" for half the price if one wants that option

but a claim from a person who doesn't even know the name of the vehicle really doesn't make much of a case :P

It would be interesting to see if there were genuine part numbers and hologram safety stickers on those parts that came four five times cheaper :P

really dude ..i saw very recently in a garage in kurunegala..a condemned allion..was fixed again to it's original look..really i don't know how to trust second hand vehicles in Sri Lanka... :unsure:

CyRax, not all of us know how to read text speak so please write proper English. It will be good practice for the days ahead as well :) Secondly if a vehicle chassis is compromised the vehicle should be scrapped not repaired. No matter how good it looks after repair the rigidity of the vehicle is now compromised and it is no longer safe or road worthy.

On a different note and this is something I've said in the past, Hiluxes (LN 106 at least) had a habit of developing a crack in the chassis during full frontal collisions (not that bad ones really) around the bulkhead. Now Japanese pick ups are known for not having the strongest chassis (Top gear episode featuring the old indestructible Hilux) but this is something to watchout for. I've personally seen at least on 2 occasions the insurance valuers authorise a repair rather than a total write off on these occasions and I wasn't very comfortable with the idea. In my old body work guys defence he did point the problem out to the loss adjuster.

really dude ..i saw very recently in a garage in kurunegala..a condemned allion..was fixed again to it's original look..really i don't know how to trust second hand vehicles in Sri Lanka... :unsure:

The problem in SL is even if a vehicle is condemned by insurance it's often not crushed and recycled as it should be repaired and sold off ! It is a big problem. Sometimes because of the availability of half bodies it's often difficult to detect these repairs.

The problem in SL is even if a vehicle is condemned by insurance it's often not crushed and recycled as it should be repaired and sold off ! It is a big problem. Sometimes because of the availability of half bodies it's often difficult to detect these repairs.

Do we have the means to crush and recycle vehicles?