• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Landcruiser Prado 1997

Ekendra Edrisinghe

CyRax, not all of us know how to read text speak so please write proper English. It will be good practice for the days ahead as well :) Secondly if a vehicle chassis is compromised the vehicle should be scrapped not repaired. No matter how good it looks after repair the rigidity of the vehicle is now compromised and it is no longer safe or road worthy.

On a different note and this is something I've said in the past, Hiluxes (LN 106 at least) had a habit of developing a crack in the chassis during full frontal collisions (not that bad ones really) around the bulkhead. Now Japanese pick ups are known for not having the strongest chassis (Top gear episode featuring the old indestructible Hilux) but this is something to watchout for. I've personally seen at least on 2 occasions the insurance valuers authorise a repair rather than a total write off on these occasions and I wasn't very comfortable with the idea. In my old body work guys defence he did point the problem out to the loss adjuster.

Hey Don,thank you,really appreciate it...

Do we have the means to crush and recycle vehicles?

Well we might not have crushers (maybe we do) but surely we can strip the car of all usable parts, and then junk the body and the chassy for scrap metal. I mean I understand why we repair un roadworthy vehicles sometimes because people have spent a lot of money on them and don't want to lose their investments, BUT its inexcusable when insurance companies themselves allow it to happen.

What we actually need is a system where the insurance companies are legally obliged to take off the road vehicles they consider a complete write off, and legislation which defines what a write off is. Sadly this is not going to be easy to implement but with the dawn of express ways it will be something which will need doing.

Well we might not have crushers (maybe we do) but surely we can strip the car of all usable parts, and then junk the body and the chassy for scrap metal. I mean I understand why we repair un roadworthy vehicles sometimes because people have spent a lot of money on them and don't want to lose their investments, BUT its inexcusable when insurance companies themselves allow it to happen.

What we actually need is a system where the insurance companies are legally obliged to take off the road vehicles they consider a complete write off, and legislation which defines what a write off is. Sadly this is not going to be easy to implement but with the dawn of express ways it will be something which will need doing.

+1 :)

I wonder what the story was with the totaled Red Honda NSX

Saw it was up for sale or something as is, did anyone buy and attempt to restore? Also saw on the forum somewhere that it's unlikely cuz repair estimate was 7M or something... Lovely car sad.gif