• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Formula 1 - 2011

MasterDon

Absolutely stunning race!!!! Brilliant drive by Button,

but you can't beat the maestro in his territory.. During that wet period, Schumi was simply legendary... and you could see the difference in performance in the dry between the Mercedes and the Redbull's and Mclarens... If only he had a faster car... I'd bet anything he'd be flying right up there with Vettel.. Hats off and absolute respect to Michael Schumacher.

What a Legandary race. Unbelievable. Button pitted 6 times, had a drive through penalty, puncture, multiple wing changes and came through to win on the last lap. Thats the F1 I love!

Wonder how the stewards will deal with Hamilton....

That was unforgettable!!

Rewarded for sacrificing precious sleeping hours!

Button was amazing ! So does shumy. both entertained fans with true driving. Prayed Shumy to be awarded with a podium position but his car was not ready for that.But he did everything right I believe.

This is F1 all about..Sheer thrill to the last lap!

PS:somebody please tell me why Rihanna was wearing sunglasses in rain and inside paddocks action-smiley-060.gif ?

MINIACE

Whats with all this Rihanna talk? Has Lewis dropped Nicole and picked up Rihanna?

Nah Peri,she was there as a guest and visited the McLaren garage when the the race was red flagged.Colin Ferrel and George Lucas was there aswell.

Watched the race ! Incredible and exciting. I actually was rather disappointed that Vettel didn't win, particularly because I think he is better than most in the wet. I still remember him winning a Grand Prix race in a Torro Rosso in the wet. He was very conservative and over cautious which cost him in the end. It was almost as if he had lost his bottle, and then panicked and made a mistake. Very unlike him.

But Schumacher was certain driving like he was Schumacher :) He certainly deserved a podium finish.

Whats with all this Rihanna talk? Has Lewis dropped Nicole and picked up Rihanna?

She gave Lewis a big hug and offered sympathy for the wrecked car during a visit to the Mclaren garage- she blended well with the crowd with her dark sun glasses, red hair, glass of white wine and half trench coat :)

She gave Lewis a big hug and offered sympathy for the wrecked car during a visit to the Mclaren garage- she blended well with the crowd with her dark sun glasses, red hair, glass of white wine and half trench coat :)

Damn that Hamilton!

But Schumacher was certain driving like he was Schumacher :) He certainly deserved a podium finish.

Guess he proved a true champion's spirit by taking Kobayashi and Massa in one go around lap 50.Heidfield's SC ruined a good run for him I guess.

MINIACE

• Like 2

Guess he proved a true champion's spirit by taking Kobayashi and Massa in one go around lap 50.Heidfield's SC ruined a good run for him I guess.

MINIACE

yeah, but the fact that his car was soo slow in the dry is just such a blackspot on his driving, I mean people are saying he hasn't got it in him anymore n blah blah.... well they should fit him in a redbull or mclaren and see how he'll do :D

• Like 1

yeah, but the fact that his car was soo slow in the dry is just such a blackspot on his driving, I mean people are saying he hasn't got it in him anymore n blah blah.... well they should fit him in a redbull or mclaren and see how he'll do :D

Totally agree mate! MS proved old is gold! Two thumbs up for the 7 timer.

MINIACE

Hamilton's car dangling from the tow truck was funny as hell.BTW I'll never get tired of listening to that SLS' almighty rumble,specially when downshiting.

...and the jelly legged track marshal.It wasn't funny when live but now it is,I thought bugger was gonna get run over by Petrov.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLn0dFG5olg&feature=player_embedded

Edited by MasterDon

In other news- looks like Hamiliton maybe on his way to RedBull in 2013

Hamilton in fresh R*D B*LL link

By Jonathan Noble Monday, June 13th 2011, 09:22 GMT

McLaren looks set to have a fight on its hands to keep Lewis Hamilton on board for the long term after the British driver sounded out R*D B*LL Racing about future plans in Canada last weekend, AUTOSPORT has learned.

During an ultimately difficult event for Hamilton, who had gone into the Montreal grand prix as favourite for victory but suffered a troubled qualifying and an early exit from the race, fresh speculation emerged about what he intends to do after his current contract ends in 2012.

AUTOSPORT can reveal that Hamilton met for private talks with Red Bull Racing chief Christian Horner at the team's office buildings on Saturday evening - where the two spent at least 15 minutes together chatting in private.

Although it is not known exactly what they talked about, as one Red Bull source cheekily dismissed the get-together as nothing more than a 'social visit', it would be unlikely that the pair did not discuss future intentions.

There is no suggestion that it was anything more than a preliminary chat, or that the talks will definitely develop into something in the future, but Hamilton's actions are of intrigue amid signs of growing frustration at the competitiveness of McLaren at a time when Hamilton is in the prime of his career.

His crashes in Monaco and Canada, which have led to criticism of his mindset, are borne of the fact that he has to push so hard to try and beat R*D B*LL Racing.

Hamilton had started the season as Sebastian Vettel's main threat for title glory, and his challenge for the championship had looked strong when he grabbed victory in the Chinese Grand Prix.

However, since then McLaren has not made the progress that it had hoped with its car and Hamilton's difficulties in Monaco and Montreal – two races he had been expected to win – have left him 76 points adrift of Vettel in the standings.

The performance in Canada last weekend was much more of a disappointment because he had gone into the weekend as clear favourite for the victory – only for McLaren to have made an error with the drag levels it needed to take the fight to R*D B*LL Racing and Ferrari in qualifying.

Longer term, Hamilton and his new management team of Simon Fuller's XIX Entertainment are widely known to be weighing up future intentions for when his current contract ends after 2012, and there must be some thought being given to the fact that McLaren has not been a pacesetter in F1 since his title season in 2008.

Hamilton's only real options for the future, in terms of giving him the best chance of having a frontrunning car, are either to remain at McLaren, or make the switch to Ferrari or R*D B*LL Racing.

Ferrari appears to be a closed door, however, with Fernando Alonso having signed a long-term deal and the Spaniard likely to be resistant to renewing a team partnership that turned so sour when he and Hamilton were together at McLaren in 2007.

And although R*D B*LL Racing would appear to be an unlikely destination, with the team currently so focused on Vettel, the capture of a top-line driver like Hamilton for 2013 could be viewed as a huge coup for R*D B*LL chief Dietrich Mateschitz.

McLaren team principal Martin Whitmarsh has played down talk of Hamilton's frustrations, however, and thinks there are no worries about his driver's mindset at the moment.

"I think he has had an unfortunate run," said Whitmarsh when asked by AUTOSPORT about Hamilton's current difficulties. "But I think he has to be the racer he is, and I am sure he will be. I am sure he is disappointed, but he is enjoying the win for the team."

Hamilton's latest links with R*D B*LL Racing are nothing new and earlier this season, on the back of McLaren's troubled pre-season testing programme, there was already speculation suggesting that the driver and team could get together from 2013.

At the time, however, Hamilton insisted that his focus remained wholly on McLaren – although he did not rule out a potential switch in the future.

"Of course, I'm going to be in Formula 1 for some time, and you never know which way the wind will take you," he said in March. "As I said, for now, I'm committed to trying to make this team the most successful it can be, and I feel we can do that."

R*D B*LL Racing also moved at the time to play down the prospects of partnering Vettel and Hamilton – although the idea was not totally dismissed.

"It's difficult to see how you could have two drivers of Lewis and Sebastian's calibre under one roof," said Horner, during a media briefing at Silverstone.

"There tends to be fireworks, as we saw with Fernando Alonso and Lewis. So we're very happy with the line-up that we have and we'll see how things evolve."

Despite the difficulties Hamilton is facing in his current situation, those who know the former world champion well have moved quickly to suggest he will lift himself out of the troubles he is facing.

Mercedes-Benz motorsport boss Norbert Haug, who has helped guide Hamilton's career for many years, thinks that the Briton is simply going through the kind of difficult phases that all drivers experience in their careers.

"I understand Lewis perfectly and I will defend him," Haug told AUTOSPORT. "He is a good driver, he is a friend and I do not share the criticism that is on him.

"We will support him and he is a great driver. There are phases that you have to go through. There are difficult times but he will deliver okay and he is one of the great guys in the field. Of course he gets a lot of criticism, but this will make him only stronger."

Hamilton's car dangling from the tow truck was funny as hell.BTW I'll never get tired of listening to that SLS' almighty rumble,specially when downshiting.

...and the jelly legged track marshal.It wasn't funny when live but now it is,I thought bugger was gonna get run over by Petrov.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLn0dFG5olg&feature=player_embedded

I wish we had Steve Slater's commentary on this, it was HILARIOUS!! as he fell and that car came, Steve Slater "EEEK" :lol: :lol:

FIA has banned blown diffusers!

http://uk.eurosport....y/article/5968/

Indeed... It'll be interesting to see how this effects R*D B*LL, especially during qualifying, although they still seem pretty confident that they have the edge. Mclaren too are supposed to have a pretty good set up, so i guess it'll be ferrari who benefit the most.

This has been coming for a while now and i'm sure the grand master Adrian newey already has an answer for this..explains the lack of resistance from the bulls to the mid season ban! But it will be nice to see a level playing field..

• 1 month later...

I think it was really exiting throughout the top half of the field at Nurburgring. A few of 'real' overtaking maneuvers and a load of precision pitstops (to which the last Ferrari stop definitely did not belong to ..). The race showed what happens to Vettle and RBR when forced to compete in traffic - still good, still very fast but not really top-notch.

Of course, watching Alonso on a R*D B*LL car was really nice too! :P

IF and when do you guys think RBR will bounce back? Or will it be Hamilton and Alonso here onwards?

I think it was really exiting throughout the top half of the field at Nurburgring. A few of 'real' overtaking maneuvers and a load of precision pitstops (to which the last Ferrari stop definitely did not belong to ..). The race showed what happens to Vettle and RBR when forced to compete in traffic - still good, still very fast but not really top-notch.

IF and when do you guys think RBR will bounce back? Or will it be Hamilton and Alonso here onwards?

+1, that was some serious overtaking in Germany especially from Hamilton where he shows his aggressiveness yet again…Thanks to Ferrari garage Vettle moved 1 position up :)

Hope Mclaren will keep the momentum going in Hungary :alc:

A very good race indeed. The first half of the season Ferrari and Mclaren have been playing catch up to R*dbull and now i guess they have somewhat caught up. But doubt the bulls will give up that easy. The conditions were not ideal for Ferrari given the track temperature was not enough for them, whereas the Mclarens flourish in these sort of conditions, if it had rained the Lewis would have been miles ahead. For Ferrari the Prime tyres were not working as well as it did for Mclaren. That outlap, Fernando was a sitting duck when lewis took him on the outside.. :-( Budapest should be a better circuit for Ferari, but even better for the blue car. Mclaren and Ferrari need to work together to take away points from the bulls otherwise there is no chance of a Driver championship challenge..

I think the home race pressure was a bit too much for vettle, and all the other German drivers except sutil!

Vettle had the chance to shut his critiques about not being able to challenge when he is behind traffic but did not capitalise, he had no answer to massa, thank god for the pit crew!