• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Formula 1 - 2011

MasterDon

I think it's fair to say China was more exiting than the previous two and most of the last season, in terms of overtaking, strategy and change of positions throughout the grid.

And it's refreshing to see someone other than that German kid on the top spot!

• 2 weeks later...

this time schumacher is costing mercedes a constructors championship position. how much money is that?

webber resigned to his fate of the "not too bad no 2 driver", literally

kubica is really missing in the renault. imagine what a competetive renault could have done in the midst of all exciting racing at the top? today i missed ice cream man kimi as a replacement for kubica. i wished he hadn't fallen-out with renault management over negotiations for a race seat.

R*D B*LL 1 2 in Turkey.Couldn't help but wishing they,especially Vettel, be a bit slower to spice up things at the top.

Vettel is just something else. The whole r*dbull package is working so well. They don't seem to put one foot wrong! Looks like they have got their KERS and last years reliability issues under control. A DNF for vettle should do nicely :rolleyes: I was happy to see Ferrari back on form, it's about time, Great to see Nando hanging on to the bulls! Lost second place,,sigh. However the pace was very close to the race leader. Despite being slow at qualifying the ferrari's have good race pace. Glad to see massa has got his old form back, He needs to if he wants to have a drive at ferrair next year..

Did any of you see the side by side comparison of Q3 Qualifying laps done by vettle and webber? Showed how vettle got half a second off mark..

Fantastic battle between lewis and Button as well. Surely not he resul they were hoping for. The 3 stop strategy cost dearly for button. I thought mercedes would be more competitive given the pace of Nico in qualy. but I guess with race fuel on it was a completely different beast from qualifying. Unfortunately Shumi was all over the place wasn't he?

I think turkey has been the best race so far this season in terms of entertainment. Full of overtaking action!

Overall the season is more exiting than last, primarily because of Pirelli's. DRS is helping or meddling, depending on your point of view. I love the overtaking opportunity served by DRS but essentially the car in front is at a huge disadvantage.

It was exiting to see the Ferrari's at race pace, Massa too was easily in points before that pit stop.

But F1 needs the like of Mercedes and Lotus Renault to be up there as well - otherwise it's merely a one bull race followed by the 2nd and 3rd contenders.

Really hope someone upsets the apple cart at the top, otherwise it'll eventually turn to a dour season, irrespective of all the overtaking and racing in the middle!

• 3 weeks later...

Amazing race at Monaco today! Great drive by all three podium guys and Kobayashi.Pity about the restart,if it wasn't for that it would have been an interesting last few laps.

I know the stewards backed themselves in to a corner handing out a harsh drive-thru to Di Resta and Hamilton suffered along with it but Hamilton better get his sh*t together.To add to the incident with the Williams car he's been such a whiner all weekend long, blaming everybody from Massa and Schumi to the Torro Rosso guys...Not cool!

Edited by MasterDon

Agreed. Best race of the season imo. Especially with the top 3 cars nose to tail. Could've been a very different story had the back markers not crashed. Disappointing drive by Hamilton, but he tends to bounce back, lets see. I still wondering if he'll get another penalty for Maldando's crash.

Once the race was restarted it wasn't nearly as close as it was, but it showed how capable three of the best drivers in the sport are, and could've gone in any 3 ways.

Its his own fault, but thats his nature. He went for gaps that may not have been there. He really needs to let his driving do more talking and not shoot his mouth off like this. That statement could easily be interpreted as an accusation of racism.... :/

he should've known better than to have gone for gaps that weren't there, monaco is just such a track he should know better... I agree, he should just shut up and drive without whining, he' still only in his 4th season of F1. he's got soo much more time and seasons to come its a shame he whines so much..

"The 2011 Formula 1 Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix will take place on October 30, the FIA’s World Motor Sport Council announced on Friday. The 2011 Formula 1 Grand Prix of India, which had been scheduled for that date, will now become the season finale combined with the FIA Annual General Assembly and Prize-Giving Gala"

-Quote F1.com

Wow 20 races this year??

So we have time to save pocket money to go Delhi smile.gif

MINIACE

"The 2011 Formula 1 Gulf Air Bahrain Grand Prix will take place on October 30, the FIA’s World Motor Sport Council announced on Friday. The 2011 Formula 1 Grand Prix of India, which had been scheduled for that date, will now become the season finale combined with the FIA Annual General Assembly and Prize-Giving Gala"

-Quote F1.com

Wow 20 races this year??

So we have time to save pocket money to go Delhi smile.gif

MINIACE

AFAIK Bahrain GP has been cancelled yet again miniace,the organizers have officially withdrawn.

Six of Seven poles..Vettle is good despite Montreal is not a RBR type of track. Good to see Prancing Horses occupying other best slots.

Rain predicted for todays action...its going to be very interesting.Worth sacrificing the sleep.smile.gif

MINIACE

Yup.Great to see Ferrari back on top again and being competitive obviously the upgrades along with a low downforce track suits them,but I'm afraid I feel its to late.Vettel is in a league of his own and it is truly amazing how he keeps outpacing his own team mate with huge margins.

BTW here are some fake f1 twitter accounts,sometimes more interesting than the real deal...LOL

Fake Steve Slater http://twitter.com/#!/F1SteveSlater

Fake Schumi http://twitter.com/#!/fakeschumacher

Fake Helmut Marko http://twitter.com/#!/fakeHelmutM

Ferrari definitely hv upped the game but with 6 gone and Vettle having that amazing run - can't help but feel it's too late.

But I'm hoping Fernando will keep at it, 'cos it will make Vettle a lot more jittery at top and create possibilities.

Good news for me is that Bahrain is off and New Delhi is likely to take place on 10/30. I'm definitely planning to be there (and explore some of the neighboring country while I'm at it :) ). 4th Dec would hv screwed up my plans due to personal reasons. Hopefully there will be some promotional packages for us Sri Lankan f1 fans at New Delhi.

trying to stay awake waiting for a damn restart (IF there will be any) sigh.. <_<

I think Hamilton should concentrate more on how NOT to be a rookie rather than concentrating on celebs... that being said..rihanna looked damn fine in that outfit :D