• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Formula 1 - 2011

MasterDon

Yeah, he was very lucky ! Frankly there isn't much protection available in a situation like that, as the roll cage etc can't stop an object penetrating the shell ! F1 cars are a lot safer in this particular scenario because you are completely surrounded by a strong carbon fibre shell.

aaand the F1 '11 field is now complete.Refer the first post for the other teams' cars...

Marussia Virgin Racing MVR-02

M2P9n.jpg

Last year, Virgin Racing popped its cherry with the VR-01 that led the team through a lackluster first season, finishing the 2010 Formula One World Championship dead last. The team failed to start one of its cars at two grands prix, retired fifteen times and scored a grand total of zero points in the standings.Now with backing from Russian automaker Marussia Motors, the team has unveiled its Cosworth-powered 2011 challenger in the form of the MVR-02 in the hopes of a more competitive followup season. The car was unveiled at the BBC Television Centre in London.With a similar design to its competitors (but a slightly lower nose cone) reflecting the latest tweaks to the formula, the MVR-02 will be driven again by Germany's former GP2 champion and Toyota F1 driver Timo Glock. Partnering Glock this season is the Belgian former International Formula Master champion and GP2 Asia Series runner-up Jérôme d'Ambrosio, who replaces axed Brazilian driver Lucas di Grassi.

Hispania Racing Team F111

F2fSb.jpg

Hispania Racing Team has joined the action with the F111, marking the end of the preseason debuts.The new car bears all the hallmarks of the new F1 regulations, but the first thing you're likely to notice is its livery. With little in the way of sponsors, HRT brought in Daniel Simon - the former VW Group designer responsible for, among other things, the light-cycles in Tron: Legacy - to pen the car's dynamic paint scheme. The result is considerably more attractive than last year's gray car, leaving open spots for future sponsors (currently held by "this could be you" and "your logo here" lettering). Simon's Cosmic Motors design firm gets its own logo on the sidepod wing plates, joined only by Tata Motors, which came to the team with Narain Karthikeyan.The Indian driver, who once raced for Jordan way back in 2005, returns just in time for this year's inaugural Indian Grand Prix. However, after showing Bruno Senna the door, HRT is the last outfit that still needs to confirm its second driver. This is business as usual for HRT, which last year used four different drivers: Karun Chandhok, Bruno Senna, Sakon Yamamoto and Christian Klien, none of whom scored a single point in the 2010 car.

Heidfeld to drive for Renault - http://www.autoblog.com/2011/02/16/officially-official-heidfeld-to-fill-kubicas-seat-at-lotus-ren/

...Having said that I won't be massively dissapointed if Vettel takes the title.Wouldn't mind seeing him in a Ferrari someday. :D

Looks like my wish may come true - http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/sebastian-vettel-ferrari-red-bull-formula-one-2011-02-17

Edited by MasterDon

Well, he better bide his time, 'cos if he comes in anytime soon, he'll come 'under' Alonso and that'll be two drama queens too many at Fezza!

And adding to the misery the Bahrain situation is worsening and the first race in the calendar hangs on balance.

Bernie's supposed to confirm the race by next Wednesday.

Would be hugely upsetting if we cannot get a race on on 13th!

• 1 month later...

So is everybody ready for the Aussie GP?...a sneek peek at what you can expect http://www.facebook.com/album.php?fbid=207800965898504&id=118639574814644&aid=56257 :D

Damn!...I think Its time the great MasterDon switched to Android...bye bye Symbian.

Edited by MasterDon

So is everybody ready for the Aussie GP?...a sneek peek at what you can expect http://www.facebook.com/album.php?fbid=207800965898504&id=118639574814644&aid=56257 :D

Damn!...I think Its time the great MasterDon switched to Android...bye bye Symbian.

Symbian/Java version was always available - I've been using this last year as well. Good when you're stuck on meetings/dinners/lunches and want to get real time update on track timing. :)

Symbian/Java version was always available - I've been using this last year as well. Good when you're stuck on meetings/dinners/lunches and want to get real time update on track timing. :)

Link please. :)

http://www.motorsport.com/#/all/article/?id=400795

:( Dammit, I don't wanna be a RB fan. Mostly coz I think Vettel is stinky poo. Maybe I'll just support Webber or summin.

Aw.Look at the bright side Peri.It could have been worse for you if they'd sponsered 'nando and Ferrari instead. :lol:

Australia GP Results here. http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2011/03/27/2011-australian-grand-prix-result-2/

Perez and Kobayashi orginally finished seventh and eighth, but were disqualified for rear wing infringements.

http://store.ovi.com/content/44744#

You can go to ovi store and directly download off your mobile (1.8 mb or something like that)..

Thanks.

Australia GP Results here. http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2011/03/27/2011-australian-grand-prix-result-2/

Perez and Kobayashi orginally finished seventh and eighth, but were disqualified for rear wing infringements.

Oh .. I thought they did really well - along with Petrov.

Anyways I'm disappointed with the race as a whole, although DRS and other new stuff were interesting.

Looks like RBR will again lead the way with McLaren and Ferrari's following with Lotus-Renault and Sauber being the other front runners. I can't imagine the situation changing drastically. :huh:

• Like 1

Vettel in a super fast car chased by two brilliant drivers in the form of Lewis and Robert (instead of Petrov). :sigh sad how destiny gets in the way of brilliance. may be Robert will never come back to his best again when he returns but I hope he will ans that he will have the right car.

but who da hell recommended Heidfeld for the vacant spot. 50% motivated Kimi eating Ice Cream is better than Heidfeld.

Oh and ferrari really lost the plot in selecting Massa over Kimi last year.

We really need the 6th champion in the drid more than ever.

Edited by isurujosh

what a warped qualifying session. thanks pirelli.

curtains down on schumi. how wrong could some experienced f1 experts had been an year ago about schu's return. i feel sorry for the malaysian people for wasting their money on some old legend's "fix". mercedes-petronas better start investing in the future now or risk failure.

dominicali looked like a man leading ferrari back into the old days. history repeats it self first as a tragedy then as a comedy, so ferrari better take note and start to look beyond italy.

last but not least it was touching to see anthony hamilton on the wrong(right?) garage.

Only because of the 'Crapelli' tires, Hamilton had to pit for a 4 time. And not to forget how stupid Alonso bumped into the rear wheel of Hamiltons MP4-26. The engineers of Lewis Hamilton when he entered the pit for a 3 pit stop changed the tires at a relatively slower pace which made me think that they were either drunk or God knows what otherwise he would;ve easily passed Button for a P2. Malaysian GP was jinxed for hamy!

Only because of the 'Crapelli' tires, Hamilton had to pit for a 4 time. And not to forget how stupid Alonso bumped into the rear wheel of Hamiltons MP4-26. The engineers of Lewis Hamilton when he entered the pit for a 3 pit stop changed the tires at a relatively slower pace which made me think that they were either drunk or God knows what otherwise he would;ve easily passed Button for a P2. Malaysian GP was jinxed for hamy!

Whats wrong with the Pirelli's?They are the only thing keeping this season interesting.Pirelli could easily make the rubbers last longer and the quick degradation is intentional.Don't compare them with last years tyres,cos Bridgestone were afraid their sales would suffer if they made the tyres wear out quickly on their last season at F1.

And don't get me started on precious Hamilton.Not only is his driving style eating up the tyres he needs to learn to take losing gracefully.I remember him trying the same blocking stunt last year on Petrov.

• 2 weeks later...

Eating up the tyres isn't exactly what Hamilton did during Chinese GP where he took a better care of tyres than much touted Button, whilst still being lot faster. Best of all it was nice to see Hamilton defying the calls to stop pushing and "Kept on Racing" whereas the likes of Nico Rosberg gave-in. Slowly but surely Hamilton is becoming the most complete driver in the grid day-by-day.

Edited by isurujosh