• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Honda Insight

Phill

• 2 weeks later...

Tax was only 8 laks. After 70% depreciation. I still haven't test the mileage. Car also has a smooth driving and it is awesome. I like the large side mirrors and see through back panel, because of that it is easy to reverse.

Anyway, does anyone knows where it is possible to convert language in car stereo system. I talked to few companies they said they don't know anyone doing that in Sri Lanka.

Tax was only 8 laks. After 70% depreciation. I still haven't test the mileage. Car also has a smooth driving and it is awesome. I like the large side mirrors and see through back panel, because of that it is easy to reverse.

Anyway, does anyone knows where it is possible to convert language in car stereo system. I talked to few companies they said they don't know anyone doing that in Sri Lanka.

So whst the exact year & price you finally paid..

Mate, I think it's impossible to change the language in your car if it's made for the Japanese market..If it's made for European market there is an option to change the language..I have tried to change the language of my prius but unable to do so due to that... :unsure:

Ohh. Damn. Anyway I'm not going to get rid of the originals. It is manageable since they used Icons in most of the functionalities. All I need to fix is the TV and the FM range. SD card, DVD player and USB is working fine. Hopefully I can get the Nav also working.

• 2 weeks later...

i gave a call to stafford motors,they told me if battery pack is dead,we cannot drive only with fuel in insight.Is that true?.they told fuel consumption is 20-25km/l.They already imported some unregistered vehicles.can anyone explain.

I did a full service to my Honda Insight in Stafford and met a guy who went to Japan for Insight training. I learned a lot from him and also went a test drive with him. He showed me how to drive while keeping the fuel consumption close to 25km/l. What I'm trying to say is that the fuel consumption will depend on the way you drive. You can argue it is the case for any other car but Insight will have a large effect on it. Best option is when you do a service on Stafford, go and meet someone trained and he will guide you properly.

I also think when battery dead, it is not possible to drive because IMA will failed to function properly but when power is very low in the battery, it is possible to drive without the help of the motor (It happened to me). Anyway there is a way to charge the battery and once it is done, the motor will start to assist when accelerating.

I saw one unregistered Insight brought by Stafford. At the time I went for service there were 3 other Insight bought for service.

no one answer to my question.........

http://www.hondacarindia.com/civichybrid/faq.html

http://www.hondacarforum.com/honda-3/21333-can-older-hybrid-run-without-its-battery-after-dies.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hybrid_electric

And that was just a quick Google search. Make an effort next time please.

Usually, in hybrids, the petrol powered motor is of a smaller displacement, comparatively. If the battery dies and even if the car can run on it's petrol engine alone, you'll be dragging about a heavy battery around with you. And that means your fuel consumption figures will go through the roof. This is, of course, assuming one doesn't know how to remove the battery completely. If you are able to remove the battery, well then, it's still useless (fuel economy-wise) and you're better off with a standard Civic.

I may be wrong, so don't take my word for it. Maybe someone with a better knowledge can explain better. Still, there's plenty of literature on the internet...

Edited by Big_D

• 1 month later...

Which type of hybrids can drive only with fuel in case of dead battery.can honda civic hybrid 2008 can drive only with fuel when battery become dead?.

Yes..

Honda hybrids can be use as normal gasoline vehicles if anything goes wrong in the hybrid system....

Yes..

Honda hybrids can be use as normal gasoline vehicles if anything goes wrong in the hybrid system....

as Dinuk said it can be done but the fuel economy will be much higher than a normal petrol vehicle in it range like honda fit aria,honda city and honda civic.

Yes..

how can you start the gasoline engine when the battery is completely dead? I dont think it's possible to connect jumpers in a insight, can it?

• Like 1

how can you start the gasoline engine when the battery is completely dead? I dont think it's possible to connect jumpers in a insight, can it?

Hondas do have a regular starter motor which works only if the Hybrid Battery is too low.

Read the owners manual - they give you the procedure on how to jump start with a booster battery. - If you don't have it, you could easily download an English one from the net.

as Dinuk said it can be done but the fuel economy will be much higher than a normal petrol vehicle in it range like honda fit aria,honda city and honda civic.

Just like a normal petrol vehicle. The hybrid motor does not add any friction to the drivetrain it is just a brush less motor. When field coils are not powered it is just freewheeling. The only excess we carry is the extra weight of the hybrid battery and the motor.

Just like a normal petrol vehicle. The hybrid motor does not add any friction to the drivetrain it is just a brush less motor. When field coils are not powered it is just freewheeling. The only excess we carry is the extra weight of the hybrid battery and the motor.

imho it is enough to give a bad fuel economy compare to other cars at it's range.

Not sure whether Insight can drive without the battery but when the battery power is very low, the motor support function will not work properly and the fuel economy will goes bad. It is recommended to charge the battery if it is very low.

Not sure whether Insight can drive without the battery but when the battery power is very low, the motor support function will not work properly and the fuel economy will goes bad. It is recommended to charge the battery if it is very low.

The Insight can be driven with a dead hybrid battery. The Prius can't.

There are 1st gen (1999) Insights being driven around (in japan, U.S., Europe) with their batteries/IMA disconnected.

Can't predict about that. But the Honda MC says it will work like a normal 1300cc car.

that's the problem with insight 1.3cc engine is not enough to pull the car with additional weight from the battery pack and electric motor it's like the story with toyota carina when in full load 1.8cc give better fuel economy than 1.5cc considering all the facts we can predict that the insight will give bad fuel economy when run on engine alone than normal petrol vehicle in it range.

that's the problem with insight 1.3cc engine is not enough to pull the car with additional weight from the battery pack and electric motor it's like the story with toyota carina when in full load 1.8cc give better fuel economy than 1.5cc considering all the facts we can predict that the insight will give bad fuel economy when run on engine alone than normal petrol vehicle in it range.

Te battery pack and the motor will weigh around 30kg. Do you think this is a full load?

If you Drive a Honda hybrid you can see, the hybrid motor supports engine only at hard acceleration. And I can say it is better than a 1.3 Honda Fit acceleration. And I think a Hybrid Insight will act like a Honda fit aria if we disable the hybrid system.

Actually the Insight power train is a IDSI engine with a CVT (just like the Fit/ Fit Aria) and a brush less motor sandwiched between them.

Te battery pack and the motor will weigh around 30kg. Do you think this is a full load?

If you Drive a Honda hybrid you can see, the hybrid motor supports engine only at hard acceleration. And I can say it is better than a 1.3 Honda Fit acceleration. And I think a Hybrid Insight will act like a Honda fit aria if we disable the hybrid system.

Actually the Insight power train is a IDSI engine with a CVT (just like the Fit/ Fit Aria) and a brush less motor sandwiched between them.

afaik honda insight weight 1240 kg when honda fit aria weight 1060kg and insight have a 1.3cc engine and fit aria have 1.5cc engine if insight compare with 1.3cc engine honda fit it weight only 1010kg if hybrid system is disabled and run on engine alone honda insight will give bad fuel economy and acceleration is going to be lesser than honda fit and fit aria.

honda hybrid is powered with the engine and electric motor with both of them it have more acceleration than honda fit

Edited by nexus

afaik honda insight weight 1240 kg when honda fit aria weight 1060kg and insight have a 1.3cc engine and fit aria have 1.5cc engine if insight compare with 1.3cc engine honda fit it weight only 1010kg if hybrid system is disabled and run on engine alone honda insight will give bad fuel economy and acceleration is going to be lesser than honda fit and fit aria.

honda hybrid is powered with the engine and electric motor with both of them it have more acceleration than honda fit

Good point pal.... Still I can't find any real life data about this issue....