• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Hybrid And Zero-Emissions Vehicles Photos And News

Californikan

Link on this webpage to an interesting WHO "air pollution by city" database....

http://www.who.int/phe/health_topics/outdoorair/databases/en/

The lower the number, the better the air quality:

Gabrone(Botswana): 216

New Delhi: 198

Karachi: 193

Riyadh: 157

Cairo: 138

Mumbai: 132

Dhaka: 134

Kuwait City: 123

Lagos: 122

Beijing: 121

Abu Dhabi: 117

Kathmandu: 106

Bangalore: 90

Shanghai: 81

Colombo: 77

Bangkok: 54

Chennai:48

Jakarta: 43

Kuala Lumpur: 49

Rome: 35

Singapore: 29

London:29

Stockholm: 28

Los Angeles: 25

Tokyo: 23

Oslo: 22

Frankfurt: 22

Geneva: 22

Toronto: 21

New York: 21

Auckland: 15

San Francisco: 15

Sydney:12

- Keep in mind Colombo is a comparatively small city with a relatively small number of vehicles so it should have much better air quality than it actually does.

- The best performers have long-term thinking , forward thinking governments that took measures to prevent air pollution decades ago.

Colombo - worse than Bangkok with all their traffic jams? That's scary!

This is a compilation of data collected by individual organizations in their own countries. Each organization has their own way of collecting data. For example. CEA has collected the amount of particles in the air at just ONE monitoring station at the city centre (which is probably the monitoring station in front of Fort Railway Station), whereas the pollution control department of Bangkok has taken the average figure of 14 monitoring stations. This means the temporal and spatial coverages of each of these data items are not same. Until and unless there's uniformity in the measuring system, one cannot compare this data. This is like Californikan checking the instantaneous consumption of his Prius and claiming it does 25 to the litre, whereas you and I would go by the average measurement.

If the village idiot californican actually took a few minutes to download the excel sheet and read the report before posting nonsensical claims, he would have noticed it. In the meantime I would strongly recommend not taking any 'facts' posted by californikan, seriously!

Edited by Crosswind
  • Like 2

This is a compilation of data collected by individual organizations in their own countries. Each organization has their own way of collecting data. For example. CEA has collected the amount of particles in the air at just ONE monitoring station at the city centre (which is probably the monitoring station in front of Fort Railway Station), whereas the pollution control department of Bangkok has taken the average figure of 14 monitoring stations. This means the temporal and spatial coverages of each of these data items are not same. Until and unless there's uniformity in the measuring system, one cannot compare this data. This is like Californikan checking the instantaneous consumption of his Prius and claiming it does 25 to the litre, whereas you and I would go by the average measurement.

If the village idiot californican actually took a few minutes to download the excel sheet and read the report before posting nonsensical claims, he would have noticed it. In the meantime I would strongly recommend not taking any 'facts' posted by californikan, seriously!

Colombo having 1 monitoring site does not mean the data from the Fort site is somehow invalid and cannot be or has not been used to rank Colombo's environmental performance with other global cities.

If what you wrote were true, then Colombo and Sri Lanka would NEVER be included in various environmental/air quality rankings with other countries. Clearly not true, because Colombo/Sri Lanka IS included in global air quality and environmental performance rankings, and the organizations doing these studies are using CEA data from the Fort monitoring station.

Edited by Californikan

Colombo having 1 monitoring site does not mean the data from the Fort site is somehow invalid and cannot be or has not been used to rank Colombo's environmental performance with other global cities.

If what you wrote were true, then Colombo and Sri Lanka would NEVER be included in various environmental/air quality rankings with other countries. Clearly not true, because Colombo/Sri Lanka IS included in global air quality and environmental performance rankings, and the organizations doing these studies are using CEA data from the Fort monitoring station.

oi village idiot,

which part of my statement says that the data is invalid????

why do you imagine words which were not there in the post?

you cannot compare each country's particle levels using this data. this is similar to comparing average and instantaneous fuel consumptions. the keyword here is 'compare'...

the WHO probably never expected some monkey like you to convert this data to a ranking system!

Edited by Crosswind
  • Like 1

oi village idiot,

which part of my statement says that the data is invalid????

why do you imagine words which were not there in the post?

you cannot compare each country's particle levels using this data. this is similar to comparing average and instantaneous fuel consumptions. the keyword here is 'compare'...

the WHO probably never expected some monkey like you to convert this data to a ranking system!

I never wrote that you wrote the data is invalid. I also never used the word 'compare'. Learn to read properly, instead of imagining things.

And again, the CEA data from the single Fort monitoring site is used by global organizations to represent Colombo and Sri Lanka in global air pollution studies and rankings and global environmental index studies and rankings.

I never wrote that you wrote the data is invalid. I also never used the word 'compare'. Learn to read properly, instead of imagining things.

And again, the CEA data from the single Fort monitoring site is used by global organizations to represent Colombo and Sri Lanka in global air pollution studies and rankings and global environmental index studies and rankings.

"Colombo having 1 monitoring site does not mean the data from the Fort site is somehow invalid"

"If what you wrote were true, then Colombo and Sri Lanka would NEVER be included in various environmental/air quality rankings with other countries"... if this is not a comparison, then what is???

Do they teach ENGLISH to you in USA or some other language?

• 8 months later...
  • 7 months later...
2013 Subaru Crosstrek hybrid

- Subaru's first hybrid

001-2014-subaru-xv-crosstrek-hybrid-1364

2014-Subaru-XV-Crosstrek-Hybrid-interior

Just for curiosity....are there any Subaru XV Hybrids (or even petrol XVs) in SL ? I checked one out over here and it seems quite well put together. The interior seems rather utilitarian and sporty rather than plush and the boxer engine had a nice humm when I revved the engine (unlike most hybrids that sound like a cat being choked). I couldn't test drive one today due to the weather so hopefully as soon as this stupid rain stops...

Lexus flagship LS600hL Hybrid replacement expected soon

- The LS600hL Hybrid has been in production since 2006

- Super Ultra Low Emissions Vehicle

- 439hp from 5.0 liter V8 and two Lexus Hybrid Drive electric motors

- 10km/liter (22mpg) rated fuel economy

qytgld.jpg

m8ib8l.jpg

8zjocj.jpg

313kpll.jpg

2vno1hy.jpg

uphu9.jpg

2938u2d.jpg

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Feb 2011: In a measure to promote the conservation of the environment of Sri Lanka the government has said it has reduced the import tax on hybrid vehicles effective immediately from 30% to 15% for hybrid models less than three and a half years old. President Mahinda Rajapaksa said in the 2011 budget speech that the government will completely remove excise duties and value added tax on electric and hybrid vehicles which are cleaner with fewer emissions to the environment in order to reduce environmental pollution in Sri Lanka. :http://www.colombopage.com/archive_11/Feb10_1297348337CH.php

Thankx For Detail :)

• 3 weeks later...

This was been planned for sometime now. It is pretty much the Honda City with a Hybrid engine. Originally they were definite about selling it in export markets and was on the fence about introducing it in Japan. Have they decided on a JDM model as well ?

• 1 year later...