• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Hybrid And Zero-Emissions Vehicles Photos And News

Californikan

Yes. Toyota got a lot of criticism from owners for the lackluster fuel economy improvement compared to the regular Harrier/RX.

The current (2010 onwards) second gen Harrier hybrid/RX450h does better, about 13km/l.

well 10-11km/l is quite good for an AWD SUV

Nissan has made some noteworthy changes to the...

2013 Nissan Leaf

- Price has dropped by about 15-20% due to U.S. and U.K. production ( about $29,000 now in the U.S. and 24,000 pounds in the U.K before tax concessions).

- Charger capacity has doubled to to 6.6kW which cuts charging times to about 3-4 hours for a complete charge on 240V.

- Range has increased about 14% to about 130 km.

Nissan-LEAF-Nismo.jpg

Revised-Nissan-Leaf-Japanese-Spec-black-

interior.jpg

Edited by Californikan

What is the electricity cost to run a Nissan Leaf in SL?

How much to fill up the battery of a Nissan Leaf in SL and drive for 130 km?

OqrfEQQ.jpg

http://www.ceb.lk/sub/knowledge/billcalculation.html

Leaf has a 24kWh battery that gives about 130km of range.

-- 24kWh @ Rs 3 = Rs 101 electricity cost for 130km of driving. ( Rs 0.78 / km )

-- 24kWh @ Rs 36 = Rs 1210 electricity cost for 130km of driving. ( Rs 9.30 /km)

Anyone know how this compares to the cost of driving petrol or diesel cars per km?

Edited by Californikan

Interesting. I didn't know a diesel six cylinder luxury SUV exists that could match hybrid fuel economy, especially in stop and go city driving.

Would you provide a link please?

Where in my post did you see mention of six cylinders or luxury, you bloody moron?!

Where in my post did you see mention of six cylinders or luxury, you bloody moron?!

The Lexus RX400h hybrid has six cylinder engine.

If the diesel SUV that you have in mind "that can get 10-11 km/l for years on years" is less than six cylinders then you're trying to compare apples to oranges, and making an unfair invalid comparison.

Which is precisely why I asked you specifically to name a six cylinder diesel that can match the six cylinder RX hybrid fuel economy. So what is this 10-11 km/l diesel SUV that you were referring to?

Which is precisely why I asked you specifically to name a six cylinder diesel that can match the six cylinder RX hybrid fuel economy.

The precise reason you asked this is because you are a bloody moron. Wasn't even replying to you, despite your panties in a twist behaviour. Why don't you go off an pollute some "international" forum?

The Lexus RX400h hybrid has six cylinder engine.

If the diesel SUV that you have in mind "that can get 10-11 km/l for years on years" is less than six cylinders then you're trying to compare apples to oranges, and making an unfair invalid comparison.

Which is precisely why I asked you specifically to name a six cylinder diesel that can match the six cylinder RX hybrid fuel economy. So what is this 10-11 km/l diesel SUV that you were referring to?

Six cylinder Diesel SUV that does 10-11km/l? Land cruiser 100s with the 1HZ, BMW X5 3.0d, Mercedes ML320 CDI, etc etc etc

The precise reason you asked this is because you are a bloody moron. Wasn't even replying to you, despite your panties in a twist behaviour. Why don't you go off an pollute some "international" forum?

Now you're avoiding answering the question.......probably was a 4 cylinder.

(And by the way, you're the one who immediately jumped into name calling. I just asked you a very simple question.)

Six cylinder Diesel SUV that does 10-11km/l? Land cruiser 100s with the 1HZ, BMW X5 3.0d, Mercedes ML320 CDI, etc etc etc

Thank you Supra, and nice try.

All those diesel SUV's can get 10-11km/l in expressway/outstation driving only. But in city / town/ stop and go driving they get far less fuel economy than a Harrier/RX hybrid, about 8 km/l or so.

And before you start arguing with me, this diesel vs hybrid fuel economy subject has been researched, debated, and beaten to death and the answer is clear: in general on the open road some diesel vehicles can match hybrid fuel economy, but in city/town/stop and go the hybrid system comes into play, and a hybrid wins the fuel economy race hands down.

Now you're avoiding answering the question.......probably was a 4 cylinder.

(And by the way, you're the one who immediately jumped into name calling. I just asked you a very simple question.)

Somebody give the moron a prize, he's figured out that I can't be bothered answering his stupid and utterly irrelevant questions!

man how much server space does cali's shit take... with all these pics and shit...but u gotta hand it to cali.. i wouldnt work this hard if i am not getting anything in return...i am still curious as to what CALI does for a living... please dont say hybrid salesman or something similar....

Edited by charitha19

Thank you Supra, and nice try.

All those diesel SUV's can get 10-11km/l in expressway/outstation driving only. But in city / town/ stop and go driving they get far less fuel economy than a Harrier/RX hybrid, about 8 km/l or so.

And before you start arguing with me, this diesel vs hybrid fuel economy subject has been researched, debated, and beaten to death and the answer is clear: in general on the open road some diesel vehicles can match hybrid fuel economy, but in city/town/stop and go the hybrid system comes into play, and a hybrid wins the fuel economy race hands down.

Cali modern diesels have stop go integrated as well. Then the advantages you speak of are a lot less relevant.

What is the electricity cost to run a Nissan Leaf in SL?

How much to fill up the battery of a Nissan Leaf in SL and drive for 130 km?

OqrfEQQ.jpg

http://www.ceb.lk/sub/knowledge/billcalculation.html

Leaf has a 24kW battery that gives about 130km of range.

-- 24kW @ Rs 3 = Rs 101 electricity cost for 130km of driving. ( Rs 0.78 / km )

-- 24kW @ Rs 36 = Rs 1210 electricity cost for 130km of driving. ( Rs 9.30 /km)

Anyone know how this compares to the cost of driving petrol or diesel cars per km?

Since when did people start measuring battery capacity in kilowatts???

kilowatt is a unit of the rate of energy transfer.

If you had attended school, u would have learned this in science class and u would have had a better job than being the personal gal-kolla of the hybrid community. Now that it's too late to change that, if you are googling, at least learn to google properly.

What's that thing left to the speedometer? doesn't look like a normal RPM gauge

It's basically an electric boost gauge. When the driver presses the accelerator it shows how much energy/power in kW the electric motor is assisting/boosting the ICE engine. When the driver lifts off the throttle and presses the brakes the needle goes into the blue zone which shows that energy is going the other way and the regen system is charging the hybrid battery pack.

The display within the speedo uses arrows and icons to show the direction the energy is going. Either from the electric motor/hybrid battery to the engine for extra power or from the regen system back to the hybrid battery pack in order to charge the battery.

Oh look, someone tries to put the "World changing" Model S to use like an actual, you know, CAR and it doesn't quite make the journey an uneventful one... (It ALMOST did though).

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/10/automobiles/stalled-on-the-ev-highway.html?pagewanted=1&_r=1&ref=johnmbroder

And here we have Cali's Idol being all mature when reacting to the above incident.

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2013/02/after-tesla-stalls-musk-calls-ny-times-report-a-fake/

Yup, accusing the New York Times of fakery is sound business sense all right....

And before you say it Cali, yes I'm sure there are "hundreds of satisfied model S owners that use them just like a normal car, even BETTER in fact..." yada yada yada.....

Edited by Supra_Natural

It's basically an electric boost gauge. When the driver presses the accelerator it shows how much energy/power in kW the electric motor is assisting/boosting the ICE engine. When the driver lifts off the throttle and presses the brakes the needle goes into the blue zone which shows that energy is going the other way and the regen system is charging the hybrid battery pack.

The display within the speedo uses arrows and icons to show the direction the energy is going. Either from the electric motor/hybrid battery to the engine for extra power or from the regen system back to the hybrid battery pack in order to charge the battery.

does it always assist the engine or only during hard accelerations?

Oh look, someone tries to put the "World changing" Model S to use like an actual, you know, CAR and it doesn't quite make the journey an uneventful one... (It ALMOST did though).

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/10/automobiles/stalled-on-the-ev-highway.html?pagewanted=1&_r=1&ref=johnmbroder

And here we have Cali's Idol being all mature when reacting to the above incident.

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2013/02/after-tesla-stalls-musk-calls-ny-times-report-a-fake/

Yup, accusing the New York Times of fakery is sound business sense all right....

And before you say it Cali, yes I'm sure there are "hundreds of satisfied model S owners that use them just like a normal car, even BETTER in fact..." yada yada yada.....

LOL. Now this is a post of yours I don't have a problem with Supra 'coz your info is correct. Congrats!

Cali modern diesels have stop go integrated as well. Then the advantages you speak of are a lot less relevant.

Very true Don. And I'm not knocking or putting down diesels in anyway.

Just stating the fact that at this time diesel vehicles cannot match the fuel economy of hybrid vehicles in city, town and stop and go driving.