• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Hybrid And Zero-Emissions Vehicles Photos And News

Californikan

sounds familiar? isn't it the same thing many have been saying about the hybrids in local context? now you're saying the same thing about hydrogens.

so in your own words, you have to be early adopters and try out new technology (future technology) without dissing it. So in same context, you have to start embrace hydrogen fuel cell based vehicles and try out and buy 'em risking your money, so that it'll help to develop the infrastructure, hydrogen fueling stations, etc.

so let me ask the same question from you again, how many years it will take for hybrid vehicles cost, sales and infrastructure to reach the current 2012 conventional vehicle levels here in SL ? till then people will be skeptical.

Short answer: hybrids will never reach the current 2012 cost, sales, market share, and infrastructure levels of conventional vehicles in SL or any other country.

Short answer: hybrids will never reach the current 2012 cost, sales, market share, and infrastructure levels of conventional vehicles in SL or any other country.

ahhh now now.. dont say that.. if another big tax cut comes our way for hybrids.. then it probably will... u never know CALI... ur day to be king of the hybrids is not far away SON....

• Like 1

Cali just LOVES headbutting walls doesn't he? Ok machan, you go ahead and live in your little bubble.... Call us when pure EVs become the standard transportation worldwide okay?

Supra, every time your arguments are disproven you write something like the above.

Seems like yet again you have come across a poorly researched news article and splashed it on here, and when your article doesn't stand up to scrutiny, you claim the other person is headbutting, when it's your position that is full of holes.

And by the way, I've never written that EV's will become standard transportation in the world or anything like that.........EVER. I don't believe that at all.

I've written a lot of posts on electric cars simply because there are a lot of electric car development and news going on. I would love to have more posts about hydrogen cars and hydrogen development on this thread, but there's been so little hydrogen vehicle news or hydrogen developments to report.

p.s. You're also forgetting that you are the one claiming that electric cars will fail and hydrogen will become standard transportation in the world.......

Anyhoo, the real reason plug in electric cars will fail in the long run and Hydrogen will be what humankind will turn to when the oil runs out is pretty simple. James May explains it better then anyone so allow me to redirect you to this video;

http://www.buyyourcar.co.uk/gallery/videos/id/1268-honda-fcx-clarity-top-gear-review

Watch from 6.25 onwards.

Anyhoo, the real reason plug in electric cars will fail in the long run and Hydrogen will be what humankind will turn to when the oil runs out is pretty simple. James May explains it better then anyone so allow me to redirect you to this video;

http://www.buyyourcar.co.uk/gallery/videos/id/1268-honda-fcx-clarity-top-gear-review

Watch from 6.25 onwards.

And please address May's argument for hydrogen cars becoming the standard transportation in your video.

You and James May claim that humankind will turn to hydrogen cars over electric because oil will eventually oil run out. But you and May fail to mention or don't realize that oil accounts for less than 6% of the world's electricity generation so electric cars aren't affected by oil running out even if the world's oil supply ended tomorrow.

What do you have to say about that?

Supra, every time your arguments are disproven you write something like the above.

Seems like yet again you have come across a poorly researched news article and splashed it on here, and when your article doesn't stand up to scrutiny, you claim the other person is headbutting, when it's your position that is full of holes.

And by the way, I've never written that EV's will become standard transportation in the world or anything like that.........EVER. I don't believe that at all.

I've written a lot of posts on electric cars simply because there are a lot of electric car development and news going on. I would love to have more posts about hydrogen cars and hydrogen development on this thread, but there's been so little hydrogen vehicle news or hydrogen developments to report.

p.s. You're also forgetting that you are the one claiming that electric cars will fail and hydrogen will become standard transportation in the world.......

Suuuure Cali, IM the one who posts poorly researched crap and then goes on the offensive when my position is revealed to be leakier than the Titanic after it met with an iceberg... Go on buying into that man, if it helps you sleep at night we have no objection.

None of us have the time or the inclination to go dig through everything you've posted for the last several years to find the numerous occasions that you've claimed that Elon musk and his company will "change the world", "be the future" etc. So go ahead, deny all you want, as they say in the colloquial "Danno Danithi"...

And please address May's argument for hydrogen cars becoming the standard transportation in your video.

You and James May claim that humankind will turn to hydrogen cars over electric because oil will eventually oil run out. But you and May fail to mention or don't realize that oil accounts for less than 6% of the world's electricity generation so electric cars aren't affected by oil running out even if the world's oil supply ended tomorrow.

What do you have to say about that?

James may says "When the oil runs out" with regard to people using conventional fuels Cali, was your addled brain not even able to comprehend that? Or are you just being deliberately blinkered to anything that doesn't agree with your opinion, as usual?

As for the rest of his argument in favor of Hydrogen cars over pure EVs, I'm sure anyone who doesn't have wet dreams about Elon Musk will be able to agree with him.

Suuuure Cali, IM the one who posts poorly researched crap and then goes on the offensive when my position is revealed to be leakier than the Titanic after it met with an iceberg... Go on buying into that man, if it helps you sleep at night we have no objection.

None of us have the time or the inclination to go dig through everything you've posted for the last several years to find the numerous occasions that you've claimed that Elon musk and his company will "change the world", "be the future" etc. So go ahead, deny all you want, as they say in the colloquial "Danno Danithi"...

James may says "When the oil runs out" with regard to people using conventional fuels Cali, was your addled brain not even able to comprehend that? Or are you just being deliberately blinkered to anything that doesn't agree with your opinion, as usual?

As for the rest of his argument in favor of Hydrogen cars over pure EVs, I'm sure anyone who doesn't have wet dreams about Elon Musk will be able to agree with him.

Supra, again, it is very premature of you to proclaim that electric cars will fail, especially when they have been on the market for only two years. That is the only problem I have with your posts.

If you had just written that you think hydrogen is the future, and hydrogen cars will be the mass transportation of the future, I would have had no problem with that.

But for you to be claiming electric cars will fail after they've been on the market for only two years is very very premature. Especially when hydrogen cars are still years away from even going on sale, and real world comparisons between hydrogen and electric cars have not even been made.

Supra, again, it is very premature of you to proclaim that electric cars will fail, especially when they have been on the market for only two years. That is the only problem I have with your posts.

If you had just written that you think hydrogen is the future, and hydrogen cars will be the mass transportation of the future, I would have had no problem with that.

But for you to be claiming electric cars will fail after they've been on the market for only two years is very very premature. Especially when hydrogen cars are still years away from even going on sale, and real world comparisons between hydrogen and electric cars have not even been made.

Really?EVs have been on the market only two years?..LOL...It was invented over a century ago and there have numerous attempts at it over the years but none have been able to perfect the technology still...Even for SL electric cars are nothing new.I remember in the early 2000s c******o imported an electric Indian car called the Reva and made a big fuss about it's so called benefits.Only 20 or 30 units were sold(most were bought by c******o themselves as company cars) and it was so utterly impractical that within a year they were off the streets to be never seen again.

Edited by MasterDon
  • Like 2

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="MasterDon" data-cid="232418" data-time="1360340790"><p>

<br />

Really?EVs have been on the market only two years?..LOL...It was invented over a century ago and there have numerous attempts at it over the years but none have been able to perfect the technology still...Even for SL electric cars are nothing new.I remember in the early 2000s c******o imported an electric Indian car called the Reva and made a big fuss about it's so called benefits.Only 20 or 30 units were sold(most were bought by c******o themselves as company cars) and it was so utterly impractical that within a year they were off the streets to be never seen again.</p></blockquote>

Well in cali's world, electric cars means tesla and hybrids in local context means the used ones brought down in masses after tax cut.

Remember the other failed EV attempts such as EV1 by GM?.

If there's technology breakthrough to dramatically increase the current efficiency level of batteries, we can think very positively about the future of EVs.

Really?EVs have been on the market only two years?..LOL...It was invented over a century ago and there have numerous attempts at it over the years but none have been able to perfect the technology still...Even for SL electric cars are nothing new.I remember in the early 2000s c******o imported an electric Indian car called the Reva and made a big fuss about it's so called benefits.Only 20 or 30 units were sold(most were bought by c******o themselves as company cars) and it was so utterly impractical that within a year they were off the streets to be never seen again.

The two years refers to the current generation latest attempt at electric cars, such as the 2010 Nissan Leaf, that have come on the market within the last two years.

Some 'current' hydrogen cars. All are extremely limited production essentially test or trial vehicles, and none are for sale.......

hydro7.jpg

BMW Hydrogen 7. Introduced for real world testing in 2006.

_L4A5119a_lg.jpg

Honda FCX Clarity, introduced in 2008. First generation FCX was introduced for real world testing in 2002.

mercedes_f-cell_01.jpg

Mercedes F-Cell. First generation was introduced for real world testing in 2002.

ToyotaFHCV2.png

Toyota FCV (Hydrogen Fuel Cell Vehicle). Introduced for real world testing in 2008.

2015 Hyundai ix35 hydrogen fuel cell vehicle

Hyundai is the only manufacturer that has shown a production and sales ready hydrogen fuel cell vehicle.

The ix35 Fuel Cell is based on the Santa Fe and supposed to go on sale in 2015.

Hyundai-ix35-2012.jpg

hyundai-1x35.jpg

hyundai-car_photo_474754.jpg

Hyundai's 1st generation 2001 Santa Fe hydrogen fuel cell vehicle began real world testing in 2001

8249448831_21b2f135fe_z.jpg

Edited by Californikan

Shush!

No below-the-belt-jabs brother. This is Cali's lil' game and you can only talk things which are in marketing material of car companies or things that you find thru Google. Personal experience does not count!

Shush!

No below-the-belt-jabs brother. This is Cali's lil' game and you can only talk things which are in marketing material of car companies or things that you find thru Google. Personal experience does not count!

Ah, it's Crosswind....the chap who fell for Ford's false marketing claims that the Focus was the world's best selling car in 2012, beating out the Corolla.

umm hybrid has an electric motor isn't it? does that motor work when the engine is on as well? I mean like at high speeds?

All hybrids have an electric motor and hybrid battery that assists the ICE to get maximum efficiency or maximum power. During acceleration and at high speeds the electric motor provides extra power to the ICE.

Notice how the display (the arrow under the speedo and the kW gauge) in this hybrid Lexus shows the electric motor providing acceleration assist to the ICE right up to 270 km/h.

Edited by Californikan

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Californikan" data-cid="232463" data-time="1360453699"><p><br />

<br /><br />

All hybrids have an electric motor and hybrid battery that assists the ICE to get maximum efficiency or maximum power. During acceleration and at high speeds the electric motor provides extra power to the ICE.<br /><br />

<br /><br />

<br /><br />

Notice how the display (the arrow under the speedo and the kW gauge) in this hybrid Lexus shows the electric motor providing acceleration assist to the ICE right up to 270 km/h.</quote>

So the motor in all hybrids would only assist the engine as a support function to improve fuel efficiency? Interesting. By the way what's a hybrid battery??

Edited by harshansenadhir