• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Living With A Bmw (Or European Car In General)

Eurofan

What are the major differences in E36 318i model, with earlier YOMs and late 90s YOM. Only this specific model, not the entire 3 series of E36. like, Air bags, etc?

The 1992 E36 318i Spec that I have is: M40 Engine, AC(not Climate Control), Power Steering, Power Mirrors, Power Shutters, Central Locking, Sun Roof, No Air Bags, No ABS, Fabric Interior.

Mid 90's models had M42/M43 Engines with Air Bags, Climate Control, Heated Leather seats, ABS & On board Computer.

& The Later 90's models had M44 (1.9Ltr) Engines, Power assisted steering, Head Lamp washers, Front & rear distance parking sensors, Cruise control etc... :rolleyes:

To add to Mishiran, sometimes it depends on the options you order as well. I had 92 318i and it had the BMW individual paint (ruby black), had climate control AC (the manual controls), ABS and even the OBC (not the 18 button). The later ones had better interiors, better engines for fuel economy + power (like the 318is and 318ti).

Love the late nineties e36 cars. Would like to collect some money and invest in one as a sunday car. But can't afford to own 2 bmw's at the moment so will be a awhile before i do so! <_<

Can't agree more..

Mine will hopefully hit the road in the next two weeks, after a minor face lift and some cosmetic touch ups :D

Can't agree more..

Mine will hopefully hit the road in the next two weeks, after a minor face lift and some cosmetic touch ups :D

And mine's back on the road after replacing all radiator hoses.... :)

Fact being the Agents prices for the Original hoses were 20% less than that of a few local part importers... ;)

:action-smiley-060:

The 1992 E36 318i Spec that I have is: M40 Engine, AC(not Climate Control), Power Steering, Power Mirrors, Power Shutters, Central Locking, Sun Roof, No Air Bags, No ABS, Fabric Interior.

Mid 90's models had M42/M43 Engines with Air Bags, Climate Control, Heated Leather seats, ABS & On board Computer.

& The Later 90's models had M44 (1.9Ltr) Engines, Power assisted steering, Head Lamp washers, Front & rear distance parking sensors, Cruise control etc... :rolleyes:

didn't know you went the Bavarian way... :D Nice.. welcome to the club...!!

He specializes in Mercs.. and BMW.

Have PM the details.

Bugatti, why don't you publish the details of this mechanic. I don't think the admins will mind since you don't have an ulterior motive and it isn't really canvassing for business or guerilla marketing.

And mine's back on the road after replacing all radiator hoses.... :)

Fact being the Agents prices for the Original hoses were 20% less than that of a few local part importers... ;)

:action-smiley-060:

damn, wish i'v known that earlier...one of these local importers/garage ripped me off nicely to replace a blown top hose....

Edited by tharindra

damn, wish i'v known that earlier...one of these local importers/garage ripped me off nicely to replace a blown top hose....

Well, I have my reservations about these local 'experts' now.

Took me less than 60 minutes for the total operation. Including refilling, bleeding and checking for leaks before closing up and taking the car back home.

I try to manage on my own as much as I can.

Edited by VVTi

A point to note... These so called local Expert may be able to sort out the more complicated issues that the Agent nor the second agent for BMW can do, but it is up to you to decide what a simple task is compared to the complicated.

VVTi was lucky to get the radiator hose for the xxx price he did. As you, know it is a DIY thingy.

So, better you publish your car problem here, as I believe we have quite some experience with Bavaria, that could help the new comer.

Well i really would like to try a DIY job on small repairs, but always been a bit nervous. Unfortunately Haynes hasn't published a full manual for the 2004 320d. I did change my bonnet badge recently though :jumping-smiley-013:

If you have the tools, the space and a little bit of daring to tackle it, then no job is too much in a BMW... :)

I have replaced the bearings, both front and rear, control arm bushings, both front and rear, injector clean up, throttle body strip down and clean, brake clean up, condenser repair (help from a welding joint), and so many other little things with help from my freind in Seeduwa. So far, I haven't seen Bugatti stranded on the road due to the failure of these repairs... :)

Ha ha ha ha ha ha!

If you have the tools, the space and a little bit of daring to tackle it, then no job is too much in a BMW... :)

I have replaced the bearings, both front and rear, control arm bushings, both front and rear, injector clean up, throttle body strip down and clean, brake clean up, condenser repair (help from a welding joint), and so many other little things with help from my freind in Seeduwa. So far, I haven't seen Bugatti stranded on the road due to the failure of these repairs... :)

Ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Now that you mentioned it.. the rear right wheel looks kinda weired.. also, the AC is not cooling properly.. :lol:

Now that you mentioned it.. the rear right wheel looks kinda weired.. also, the AC is not cooling properly.. :lol:

Sale has been completed. Items once sold will not be returned. I have a strict NO returns Policy. No returns, no complaints entertained. It was fine when you drove away... :)

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!