• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

My Little Project On 1974 Sunny Gx

Sumiya

Sumith,

Make sure u count for the worse case scenarios because none of dem are hypothetical but REAL. I've gone through the mill and almost after two years, still at the tail end. Bassuwas are the worst. Make sure u have a good one on da project and easy access to the garage where u can visit da bugga at least twice a day. (morning and evening) just like doctors prescription.Better if u can get da bugga to your place and do it. Good Luck with da project.

SORRY MA BAD. JUST JUMPED DA GUNS AS SOON AS I SAW DA RESTORATION PROJECT. BAD EXPERINCE

Yeah, thats quite a gun jumping... especially since Sumiya is doing the work HIMSELF!

• Like 1

machan we all learn from mistakes so dont be too hard on urself,i have done my share of mistakes too

my advice is just get that damm lancer out of the garage and do the rest of the work in a different place as i have seen cars tinkered and painted and then left to rot while they try to repair the engine!!!

Ma appologies Sumiya and Supra, my experince was so bad n din wan't nebody go through the same thing. Yes, everyone does not get into trouble as me. Lol

machan we all learn from mistakes so dont be too hard on urself,i have done my share of mistakes too

my advice is just get that damm lancer out of the garage and do the rest of the work in a different place as i have seen cars tinkered and painted and then left to rot while they try to repair the engine!!!

When someone is doing something like this with love and dedication it really isnt nice to use the word damn for the car :)

Btw it's a sunny right, not a lancer.

All the best Sumiya

Shows a lot about your reading and comprehension... :) May I suggest the Radiant Way Book 1.

First off, its not a Lancer, second, Sumiya is doing all the work HIMSELF!!!!!!

• Like 1

Shows a lot about your reading and comprehension... :) May I suggest the Radiant Way Book 1.

VVTi, I think he is talking about fatjoe's lancer because I remember fatjoe mentioned else where about some bad experiences he had trying to restore his lancer. :)

Hi Guys

That is ok guys ,will cool down :) reason i guess he has not followed the thread from the beginning.

Back to thread

By the way of delaying my work , Rust has almost started on the car roof again so again i had to sand it and then again a hand primer code to it and fender ,meanwhile i got things rearranged to ease my work.

Hunting for some other few holidays, wondering about coming week end still has to report to office on saturday since few guys on election leave, Since next Tuesday is a holiday i might fall sick on monday , so i will not go to office on Monday :)and work on car 2 days almost .

dsc00047ds.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

dsc00048gc.jpg

dsc00056pq.jpg

dsc00054db.jpg

dsc00051hx.jpg

thanks

regards

sumith

dude please look at the thread and you clearly see that i was replying to fatjoe regarding his Lancer Box which has been languishing in the garage and abou which he was feeling a bit down,of course I know that Sumiya is restoring a Sunny and doing a damm good job at it too

hmmmm wonder who needs to pay attention to whats writen and get help from Radiant Way :rolleyes:

mate look at the context of my post it was writen as a reply to fatjoe re his lancer box and not at Sumiya or his Sunny :rolleyes:

When someone is doing something like this with love and dedication it really isnt nice to use the word damn for the car :)

Btw it's a sunny right, not a lancer.

All the best Sumiya

Edited by carboy2011

dude please look at the thread and you clearly see that i was replying to fatjoe regarding his Lancer Box which has been languishing in the garage and abou which he was feeling a bit down,of course I know that Sumiya is restoring a Sunny and doing a damm good job at it too

hmmmm wonder who needs to pay attention to whats writen and get help from Radiant Way :rolleyes:

My apologies CarBoy, let me get that book out right now and leaf through the pages... :)

VVTi, I think he is talking about fatjoe's lancer because I remember fatjoe mentioned else where about some bad experiences he had trying to restore his lancer. :)

mate look at the context of my post it was writen as a reply to fatjoe re his lancer box and not at Sumiya or his Sunny :rolleyes:

My apologies CarBoy, let me get that book out right now and leaf through the pages... :)

I think I messed it up all adding ma 2 cents. Ignore me boys Lol. Back to SUMIYA n his Project.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Guys

I am Extremely sorry for delay of my work, But December end is the target to finish my project, so definitely i have to , last week went and brought recondition front tire rod set and suspension arms, Have bought some painting stuff too rain has become another hindrance .

meanwhile brought a 1977 Nissan B310, so my next project will be that, got little more tinkering work , but fairly good running condition with AC working, I will not start any work on this until i finish my b210 GX,but immediately going to give it a good engine tune up it should run smoother as my expectation level of it , so that car will run till i finish my existing.I have another request from friend of mine to paint his car , but i don't know how and when ?

i will upload few snaps of new one by tomorrow.

dsc00067kuf.jpg

dsc00068pd.jpg

dsc00070wn.jpg

dsc00073fe.jpg

dsc00074bw.jpg

dsc00075nb.jpg

dsc00072xf.jpg

thanks

regards

sumith

Edited by Sumiya

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys

I could finish almost all fabrication work of Dash Board,roof ,and mud guard on last Sunday, i have only driver side door as a major fabrication work then i will start painting soon,and planning to install leaf spring bushing tie rod set (already bought reconditioned set),

dsc00091cy.jpg

dsc00092n.jpg

dsc00093mt.jpg

dsc00094hn.jpg

dsc00095gi.jpg

thanks

regards

sumith

congrats on your new buy Sumiya seems to be in original shape without cataloy (hope im right) hows the engine condition and does the AC cool well? are you a Nissan/Datsun fan?

Yes i am a datsun fan,daily member of datsun1200 club,and forum ,New car got a little more corrosion but car is in good shape, AC is working fine does cool wel,i got a problem of keeping it idle while AC is on because it doesn't have FICD unit on it, Struggling these days with it since i am trying to keep it idle lower than 700rpm,so i can get maximum fuel consumption out of it

thanks

regards

sumith

Edited by Sumiya

hi carboy2011

Actually speaking these cars are Fuel Consumption champions,All it depends on how do you maintain it and the condition of the engine and driving habits,Usually the B210 (my Current Project car) does around 18+ on long trips without ac,it has ac but not working i will make that too this time,in all around conditions with traffic and all it is around 15+ so what else ?

B310 also should be given at least 15-17 and with ac 12-14 i guess i don't know yet, because i did not use it much yet

Usually i run my cars on very low rpm idle between 600-650 so on,that also another reason, since i get used it i can drive it on any condition but for someone else it would be a notorious to drive without stalling the car on low rpm.

thanks

regards

sumith

• 2 months later...

Hi Guys

I have celebrated almost anniversary on 4th of car dragging project that may annoy you guys,Managed to finish front tie rod ends ball joint and front shock absorber and fixed them back only break system is left to be fitted looking for a set of good condition disk break pistons to go into the system . and managed to remove rear springs shocks and differential and need to re bushing and paint them and to fix it next week end probebly

61407779.jpg

94121722.jpg

71597789.jpg

55526610.jpg

11294694.jpg

thanks

regards

sumith

• Like 1

breathtaking and love that black coated suspension parts. Trust you have done a good paint job, else those will peel off when high pressure under carriage washes are being done.

I thought it's better to fix suspension parts after the entire paint work is done, at least the under carriage should be painted off fully before you fix the suspension parts. otherwise the paint work again ruin that black coat of suspension parts.

• Like 1

I thought it's better to fix suspension parts after the entire paint work is done, at least the under carriage should be painted off fully before you fix the suspension parts. otherwise the paint work again ruin that black coat of suspension parts.

I was thinking the very same thing; and additionally the anti-corrosive and paint now wont reach the surface under the joints, so you might develop rust again as water seeps into those areas..

Edited by Watchman

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys

Thanks for suggetions

Somewhat correct but when i go under coat i will have to repaint those stuffs too, that is what i was planning because you can't give a perfect paint while those are fitted to the car, Yesterday was another day with it Painted the rear differential and leaf springs together, i had one broken leaf spring too, does any body what is the cost for leaf spring now a days ? any recent buyer ?

thanks

regards

sumith

image137z.jpg

image138m.jpg

image143c.jpg

image144x.jpg

image145pg.jpg