• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

My Little Project On 1974 Sunny Gx

Sumiya

Hi Harshana

Thanks a lot for ideas machan, :) actually i didn't put any body filer yet, i have removed the old paint and putty on the front fender ( i need to put putty again on it)

the front metal area of the fender is not so good condition ,thinking of putting a new metal plate there

thanks

regards

sumith

Hi Harshana

Thanks a lot for ideas machan, :) actually i didn't put any body filer yet, i have removed the old paint and putty on the front fender ( i need to put putty again on it)

the front metal area of the fender is not so good condition ,thinking of putting a new metal plate there

thanks

regards

sumith

more than potty, I see cataloy layer in the entire panel and it's visible as tinkering work (heated area by the torch) revealed the metal. Better if you can get rid of cataloy coz chances are high that old cataloy might pop out bubbles when you spray the new paint or afterwards. If your tinker guy is extremely capable, then ask him to make a panel/fender. I've done this when I was restoring one of my 504s.

Hi Guys

Completed little work behind panels, bent place was not at all accessible any way managed to straight it a but not an perfect job there,i am planning to paint the car with

004-Blue Wave Metallic in the color card,

and also removed Master pump for repair it with a new repair kit too.

dsc00136em.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

dsc00139ec.jpg

dsc00140ps.jpg

dsc00141vp.jpg

autopaintcolorschart1.jpg

thanks

regards

sumith

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys

Just stuck on finding a good auto color what are the best options available here,

is it CIC,causeway, or any other good option

thanks

regards

sumith

sikkens is pretty good...pricey though..

2k is another good paint...

rock is supposed to be the color toyota use in their factory...at least that's what a painter once told me

compare the prices of C*C and Rock and you decide. C*C is not that bad and usually known as a good paint for the base coat. The issue I encountered with C*C was that it gets spoilt or shows age too fast if you use that as the final coat. To cut costs, you can use C*C as the base and 2k or Rock as the final coat. Another alternative my painter used to do was paint the whole thing in C*C and then apply the last coat using 2k lacquer, like dupont..

Hi Guys

Thanks Ripper , Harshana fo advice

Harshana Your idea is great CIC is cheeper and also freely available to buy, will i be able match base coat color for the final coat i go for a another good brand

that is what i am thinking on,

Checked Nissan color called Debay or something i am not sure about its name it is arround 4000 per liter, CIC, Casuway around 1500

Work done on last week was minimal, could sand it further with 320 and 400 grit,floor board was not in very good condition for same places, thought of putting a new

metal plate and brought 19 metal plate costing arround 4K.

29117300.jpg

55414259.jpg

66188857.jpg

20285761.jpg

71278069.jpg

61853716.jpg

12646352.jpg

41489589.jpg

17180004.jpg

thanks

regards

sumith

Good stuff machan. Dont you think you`ll be better off removing the front and rear windscreens to get rid of the rust in between the rubber beadings? Any plans for the engine as well? And is the gear box and rear diff going ok and still original?

I would so love to do one up with a SR20DE motor. Either B210 or B110-Batu Sunny would do. :rolleyes:

The almighty MasterDon can't see any pictures,only faggy yellow frogs...damn imageshack needs registration...might want to try and switch to tinypic or imgur fellas.

i to have the same problem MasterDon

The almighty MasterDon can't see any pictures,only faggy yellow frogs...damn imageshack needs registration...might want to try and switch to tinypic or imgur fellas.

click on those frogs, then you will be popup to a new window with the image. :P

Good stuff machan. Dont you think you`ll be better off removing the front and rear windscreens to get rid of the rust in between the rubber beadings? Any plans for the engine as well? And is the gear box and rear diff going ok and still original?

I would so love to do one up with a SR20DE motor. Either B210 or B110-Batu Sunny would do. :rolleyes:

Thanks

your ideas is perfect way ,i am running out of time at the moment ,wanna finish it before April mid and also i have

nights and weekends only.

Still everything is factory fitted, wanna to think about engine update later, SR series afre easy exchange for these cars,

then i might loose mighty fuel consumption too.:(

thinking of updating brake system to servo unit too

Hi don

Machan register with image shack that is an easy registration will not take

2 minutes too..

thanks

regards

sumith

Edited by Sumiya

Thanks

your ideas is perfect way ,i am running out of time at the moment ,wanna finish it before April mid and also i have

nights and weekends only.

Still everything is factory fitted, wanna to think about engine update later, SR series afre easy exchange for these cars,

then i might loose mighty fuel consumption too.:(

thinking of updating brake system to servo unit too

Hi don

Machan register with image shack that is an easy registration will not take

2 minutes too..

thanks

regards

sumith

Sumiya, time is not really the issue here. If you do half a job, you will just need to re do everything all over again. Sort out all the rust issues before starting paint work. Don't try to work to unrealistic time frames. You will end up regretting it and your efforts will be in vain.

I can see a bit of corrosion on the fenders which really should be welded and sorted ..... And you should take the windscreens out, check the area around and make suitable repairs. This is usually the biggest problem area in old cars, apart from the bulk head and wheel arches.

Sumiya, time is not really the issue here. If you do half a job, you will just need to re do everything all over again. Sort out all the rust issues before starting paint work. Don't try to work to unrealistic time frames. You will end up regretting it and your efforts will be in vain.

I can see a bit of corrosion on the fenders which really should be welded and sorted ..... And you should take the windscreens out, check the area around and make suitable repairs. This is usually the biggest problem area in old cars, apart from the bulk head and wheel arches.

Hi Don

Noted ,Thanks for tha valuable advice mate , i will look into this ,Just did a little work on photoshop for the final product of mine which is in my mind

I don't know how to match exact nissan color from Photo shop, since this is my first photo shop work i have ever done

forget about bonnet color line differ i can't paint it on my knowledge of Photo Shop

Any you guys suggestions ?

lastw.jpg

last1.jpg

last2.jpg

thanks

regards

sumith

Edited by Sumiya

Sumith, I personally don't think the go faster stripes work that well with this car. So I'd paint it a nice shiny metallic colour of an original Nissan shade but that is my taste. It is all personal preference in the end.

I do like those alloys :)

PS. I was speaking from personal experience before about windscreens. My father got our old car repaired once, completely tinkered and repainted, looked very good, and then water started coming in. Then we discover rust under the windscreen seals. Then it had to go back into repair. Waste of time, waste of money !

Sumith, I personally don't think the go faster stripes work that well with this car. So I'd paint it a nice shiny metallic colour of an original Nissan shade but that is my taste. It is all personal preference in the end.

PS. I was speaking from personal experience before about windscreens. My father got our old car repaired once, completely tinkered and repainted, looked very good, and then water started coming in. Then we discover rust under the windscreen seals. Then it had to go back into repair. Waste of time, waste of money !

Hi Don

Thanks machan , i also was thinking about what you said finally thought of removing windscreens too..actualy this is not the exact color i am thinking of Blue Wave Metallic(Nissan original spec as my final coat).i am not good in Photo Shop :)

Sunday was free for me and could do lot of work compared to other days.Removed the whole wiring harness off including dash gauge and board air conditioners and also removed the battery box and also could cut 2 flow board panels too.

dsc00285f.jpg

dsc00286je.jpg

dsc00288am.jpg

dsc00289mc.jpg

dsc00290m.jpg

dsc00294be.jpg

dsc00292a.jpg

Thanks

Regards

Sumith

I do agree with on The Don about the colour and alloys. dark metallic colour would be more appropriate. And also use the similar alloys you have here, 5,6 spoke alloys will ruin the classic look of the car. And it will not match for this type of car.