• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Gps Map For Toyota Navigation Systems

nissan_fan

This is a question from my friend. Hope someone can help him out.

He has 2004 Allion and he wants to install SL GPS maps into his OEM navigation system (DVD).

Does anyone out there knows a place specializing in installing SL gps maps ?

or are there any DIY method to get it done.

He has 2004 Allion and he wants to install SL GPS maps into his OEM navigation system (DVD).

Sala Enterprises at castle street.

Sala is not gonna work on his OEM system, you need to install the hardware too.

First ask the guy if his system is coming on in Japanese.

Yeah, he called Sala and got the negative response.

It is in Japanese, but he won't mind it as he can read Japanese.

Sala only sells stand alone systems, you better check their website out.

If your friend has an OEM unit things will be tricky, but if he has a unit form Garmin or other manufacturer you can download the map easily

What if your friend buy a good Map of Sri Lanka? No upgrades, no error margins, no initial outlay of massive amounts.... ;)

Fold nicely and keep it in the glove box.

I think GPS and Maps are of little use here. You can always pull up and ask for directions. This has always worked for me.

• Like 1

Yeah buy a phone with A-GPS that will sort things out, but it might cost you a little bit for the data usage.

you don't have to worry about Data when you install Garmin with preloaded Sri Lanka Map. we have lengthy discussions about Garmin. :rolleyes:

you don't have to worry about Data when you install Garmin with preloaded Sri Lanka Map. we have lengthy discussions about Garmin. :rolleyes:

Can any one post detailed Sri Lanka map for garmin or other gps software? Earlier post in AL which contain garmin map is not really good one. has lot of issues and no real poi set. I'm talking about some thing like s*n lanka and s*la sells. If I have SD card copy from above I can help others too.

Can any one post detailed Sri Lanka map for garmin or other gps software? Earlier post in AL which contain garmin map is not really good one. has lot of issues and no real poi set. I'm talking about some thing like s*n lanka and s*la sells. If I have SD card copy from above I can help others too.

I sow SL Garmin map in another sri lankan site.Just do a google search in google.lk.

Good luck

i think most of the toyota OEM head units comes with TOM TOM map rather than Garmin, and no map available for sri lanka from TOM TOM, again copatibility for garmin in those head units be a prblem, it s nice to have navigation map in same unit rather than mounting mobile phone.

My experience with Tom Tom is not very nice. Ended up in no man's land about half a dozen times while trying to find some food joints. May be it needed a firmware upgrade or my food tastes should've been more modest. Was too lazy to check whether Toma needed a firmware upgrade. Not here though.

I replaced the OEM unit came with my Axio. Did a trade-in, cost me 48k, which included DVD, Full range FM and TV, and GPS (Garmin).

More importantly it looks exactly the same as the Original unit. Place Micr_vis_on at Kohuwala.

I replaced the OEM unit came with my Axio. Did a trade-in, cost me 48k, which included DVD, Full range FM and TV, and GPS (Garmin).

More importantly it looks exactly the same as the Original unit. Place Micr_vis_on at Kohuwala.

Thankx for the info.

Does the new unit contains Reverse camera ( with guide lines, as in the OEM system ).

What is the brand?.

I had the same issue..did a trade-in deal and replaced a with a system with Garmin (which uses a Micro SD card)

I was given two maps (in two SDs, one for Colombo with some POIs, the other with full detailed all island map. It carries almost all the roads (not only A and B roads) and water streams.

I was driving about 30km away from Hatton in a tea state recently, it shows all the roads even on such remote area..really wonderful!

so far so good...

• 11 months later...
  • 11 months later...