• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Nissan Engines

M navy

hi friends.. :alc:

all new toyota vehicles(vios,axio,allion etc.) comes with vvt...as i know if im correct...

but what about nissan?n16 and n17 does not have a vvt engine...

has any one come across nissan models with vvt?

what about nissan tida or bluebird sylphy G11?

hi friends.. :alc:

all new toyota vehicles(vios,axio,allion etc.) comes with vvt...as i know if im correct...

but what about nissan?n16 and n17 does not have a vvt engine...

has any one come across nissan models with vvt?

what about nissan tida or bluebird sylphy G11?

Nissan's versions are called VVL (older tech), VVEL (Variable Valve Event and Lift), eVTC (electronically controlled continuously variable valve timing and CVTC (Continuously Variable-valve Timing Control)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_VVL_engine

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VVEL

Nissan Motors uses a straightforward method of naming their automobile engines. The first few letters identify the engine family. The next digits are the displacement in deciliters. The following letters identify features added.

D =DOHC

DD =Direct Injection

E =Electronic Fuel Injection

HR =High Response and High Revolution

i =Throttle Body Fuel Injection

N =Natural gas fuelled

P =LPG fuelled

R =Supercharged

S =Carburettor

T =Turbocharged

Ti =Turbocharged and intercooled

TT =Twin-Turbocharged

V =Variable Valve Timing with Lift

As per this list Nissan also comes with "Variable Valve Timing with Lift" isn't it??

can any one tell what is the vehicle model with this feature in Sri Lanka?

:D

Edited by M navy

• 2 years later...

Hope this is still active.

Does anyone know Nissan fb15 new shell car engine ( I am think that's QG15 DE) does it have MAF or MAP Sensor? Knock Sensor? VvL? cause most of articles out there for nissan sentra describe above the 1.5litre engine. Like this (http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_QG_engine#QG15DE) it has other info to this thread. Even the sentra Manual describe qg 18.

Edited by Charith H Jayasinghe

Hope this is still active.

Does anyone know Nissan fb15 new shell car engine ( I am think that's QG15 DE) does it have MAF or MAP Sensor? Knock Sensor? VvL? cause most of articles out there for nissan sentra describe above the 1.5litre engine. Like this (http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nissan_QG_engine#QG15DE) it has other info to this thread. Even the sentra Manual describe qg 18.

May I ask why you are after this informaiton?

It would certainly have a MAF sensor and a knock sensor. Not 100% sure about a map sensor. If the engine has VVL it would say it on top (there is a little cover with VVL written on it)

May I ask why you are after this informaiton?

It would certainly have a MAF sensor and a knock sensor. Not 100% sure about a map sensor. If the engine has VVL it would say it on top (there is a little cover with VVL written on it)

Thanks Don

That issues came when I came across a octane 95 fuel thread there that issue take two aspects if it Become Either MAP or MAF Sensor. Thanks again.

Thanks Don

That issues came when I came across a octane 95 fuel thread there that issue take two aspects if it Become Either MAP or MAF Sensor. Thanks again.

Google is pretty good at answering most of you questions, sometimes even better than the forum as yours is specific and you already have the engine code.

Google is pretty good at answering most of you questions, sometimes even better than the forum as yours is specific and you already have the engine code.

Sorry Don, I've been reading through Web most of the time, but these specific info I couldn't find clearly, sometimes broadly for whole engine series but still less about QG15. That's why I asked so that so that I will be not in doubt. Edited by Charith H Jayasinghe

Sorry Don, I've been reading through Web most of the time but these specific in I couldn't fined clearly sometimes broadly for whole but still less about QG15. That's why I asked so that so that I will be not in doubt.

I understand it can be confusing and I have seen Sunnys with the same engine with Neo VVL. It has a bluish cover on the engine unless the owners have just purchased the cover. The engine on rest of the cars is the standard DOHC 16 valve engine with EFI and electronic ignition using coil packs integrated on top of each spark plug. Most of the time issues relating to rough idle and low pulling power relate to these coil packs. Its also got some issues with the airflow sensor (MAF) but otherwise a fairly reliable engine.

Just take care of the auto box by regular ATF fluid changes at least every 20K KMs

The agent provides a check of up at a fee which might be useful as well. They are usually quite good compared to some other companies.

I understand it can be confusing and I have seen Sunnys with the same engine with Neo VVL. It has a bluish cover on the engine unless the owners have just purchased the cover. The engine on rest of the cars is the standard DOHC 16 valve engine with EFI and electronic ignition using coil packs integrated on top of each spark plug. Most of the time issues relating to rough idle and low pulling power relate to these coil packs. Its also got some issues with the airflow sensor (MAF) but otherwise a fairly reliable engine.

Just take care of the auto box by regular ATF fluid changes at least every 20K KMs

The agent provides a check of up at a fee which might be useful as well. They are usually quite good compared to some other companies.

Thank you.

Previous owner also has maintained it well hope to keep it the same way.

I've read most of the threads in Auto Lanka.com regarding maintenance. If a doubt come, I'll contact you.