• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Where To Invest?

dpbatagoda

Hi Guys,

What is a good option to invest around 50Lakhs in Sri Lanka that it can give around 1 Lakh every month?

I have few ideas and your ideas are highly appreciated.

1. Buy a Layland bus and put in the road

2. Buy a Lorry or bowser and hire

3. Invest in Stock market

4. Buy a Land and sell later.

Please post your comments.

buy a plot of land in thanamalwila area and grow ganja...

joking aside...buses and lorries on road is not a very wise idea friend...you will make the drivers and conductors rich.

buying land....u never lose!!

• Haha 1

Theres a auction comming in Army. Buy some land rover defenders... and then sell it later. But that wil not a be a steady income. I know a fella who do this job.

I think investing in stock market would do better for ur money. But study well before doing it. Other wise how ever instead of earning, u will loose in big time.

What about an investment property? Like a unit or shop kinda thing? You will be able to get rental income and capital growth too. Otherwise you could create a portfolio with different amounts in different options. For an example say 2.0Mil in shares, 2.5Mil in a plot of land and 0.5Mil in fixed interest as a cash buffer. It all melts down to what level of risk you are willing to take. If you wanna but all 5.0 Mil in shares please do it with due care. But from the lateset post war statistics CSE there seems to be a growth pattern. In stocks, I think financials (eg. banks) are experiencing a good return and growth. Why don't you seek advice from a financial planner. Not sure if such people are available in SL but they will be more informed in this field. Also consider about the income tax you might have to pay if you invest in stocks, no clue how it works in SL.

Don’t invest the whole 5mil in one single object… divide it and invest, for eg: you can buy shares and buy a block of land etc, and later sell it off. Buying a bus is not a good idea unless you are going to be the driver..

All the best mate!

I'd say the stock market! gotta be smart with it though and don't put all the eggs in one basket!

getting vehicles for commercial runs is a bad idea as many have mentioned. It's ok i suppose if you've slowly grown the business and know the ropes. But a noob will get well and truly screwed imho.

There are lot of land scams going around so you gotta be really careful when you buy stuff these days. Even so called "experts" on the subject too get screwed when caught to and better scammer. Has happened to a party i know.

If you can afford to wait for the land prices to go up later to cash in on things...i suppose lands are the best investments...

Hi Guys,

What is a good option to invest around 50Lakhs in Sri Lanka that it can give around 1 Lakh every month?

Best is to split it in to 2 or 3 lots, invest in TDs in reputed Private Banks or a State Banks on varying terms.

Any other method carries certain risks.

We know only too well, with these finance companies and other investment companies. At least this way you wont get that much of a return, but you know your capital is secure.

Hi Guys,

Import CVT gear boxes and make enough stocks with you because all Toyota Vitz owners will have to replace CVT gear boxes within next couple of years. :D

Hi Mates,

Can somebody help me out regarding below question.

1. How much can I earn if I buy a bajaj three wheel and hire it to a guy. Those days it's around Rs.300 per day

2. How much can I earn if I buy a hiace supergl and rent out to tourism industry? is it possible to put it to like walkers tours or Galadari with a driver?

3. How much montly rental for a new Toyota Axio G grade car I can get if I put with a driver?

Like everybody advises you probably need a combination of safe and volatile investment.

To be honest to me, investing with a finance company (one that has been around for a while) is a safe investment. Just don't go with smaller companies. Having said that withdrawing money, even from the bigger ones is ALWAYS a pain as they stall, require notice and it is a big mess.

The stock market is good, but you will need to trade quite regularly to make any money, unless you invest on the next face book. Dividend payments themselves don't really yield much of a justifiable return.

As per renting vehicles, I can't comment, BUT tourism in Sri Lanka should pick up again in the medium term, though this year would be quite tricky due to the economic problems in Europe.

Investing in a plc company that has future prospects is a good idea but remember you can also loose money if the share value drops

The best investment would be real estate cause unlike others they dont loose value over time, instead they gain value :)

for an instance we bought a land in pitta kotte for 2mil 7 years ago and sold it recently for 17mil :action-smiley-035:

Put some of the money to FD. Invest little bit on stock market, if you new to stock market it's bit risky with price manipulations happening with some shares. If you can find a place to put a car for rent, that is good option too.

Hi,

Does anybody know how to get a Gas agency or start up a Petrol Shed?

Well you need to have some contacts with minister, and suitable land. :D

• 1 year later...

This is totally OT but thought I'd ressurrect this thread instead of opening new one to ask a small question...I want to send about 400 sterling pounds to a friend in surrey england.I asked two banks they seem to be making a big fuss of it,they wanted all kinds of doucuments...what are my options to transfer the money...are there any alternative ways?