• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

New Members - Posting Help

BLu3HaZe

Using the search feature in the forum itself gives a lot of useful info, and you may find many of your questions have been asked and answered before. Searching before posting may prevent a number of repetitive threads and would simplify your questions too.

The forum search box is circled in red

alsearch.jpg

Also you could use the tag site:autolanka.com your question here in Google to search through the forum.

Edited by BLu3HaZe
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

I'm also new to Auto Lanka.com. I was also trying to find help link still couldn't find.

1.I want to know, what are these member title? (Newbie, chief bottle opener members etc...)

2. what are the warning points?

3. Any other way to post through a tablet as less options found in typing window.

4. What are those highlighted posts, that you can see once you entered a main topic group ?

5. What will happen if we post on an old thread when it located deep page in a group? (Sometimes those topics are not been followed by anyone).

6.How are those points in profile, calculated?

Thanks.

I'm also new to Auto Lanka.com. I was also trying to find help link still couldn't find. 1.I want to know, what are these member title? (Newbie, chief bottle opener members etc...) 2. what are the warning points? 3. Any other way to post through a tablet as less options found in typing window. 4. What are those highlighted posts, that you can see once you entered a main topic group ? 5. What will happen if we post on an old thread when it located deep page in a group? (Sometimes those topics are not been followed by anyone). 6.How are those points in profile, calculated? Thanks.

Welcome. It's nice to see a newbie who wants to blend into the culture rather than rock the boat with bad attitude.

1) I think you go from newbie to member after a 100 posts or something like that. But none of us actually care about that.

2) Warnings are given by the moderators if you misbehave. If your warning level goes too high they will ban you. But you have to be a real a$$hole for that to happen. Your warning is only seen by you (and the moderators MADZ, Periclies, The Don, Supra_Natural).

3) I guess that depends on your browser and tablet

4) The highlighted threads are the ones that have had new posts since you last read/visited it.

5) The thread you posted on will goto the top of the "New content". Normally you bring up an old thread if your question is very similar in nature to that thread, and can help give context or additional help for someone who reads it in the future one day.

6) Each post has a Up/Down button on the bottom right corner. It's a rating. So everytime someone rates you "Up", your points get a +1. And likewise if someone rates you "Down" you get -1. But honestly, that too is a general indicator only, and people's perception of you is based on what you say/do rather than your 'points'.

Hope you enjoy your stay!

• Like 5

Welcome. It's nice to see a newbie who wants to blend into the culture rather than rock the boat with bad attitude.

1) I think you go from newbie to member after a 100 posts or something like that. But none of us actually care about that.

2) Warnings are given by the moderators if you misbehave. If your warning level goes too high they will ban you. But you have to be a real a$$hole for that to happen. Your warning is only seen by you (and the moderators MADZ, Periclies, The Don, Supra_Natural).

4) The highlighted threads are the ones that have had new posts since you last read/visited it.

5) The thread you posted on will goto the top of the "New content". Normally you bring up an old thread if your question is very similar in nature to that thread, and can help give context or additional help for someone who reads it in the future one day.

6) Each post has a Up/Down button on the bottom right corner. It's a rating. So everytime someone rates you "Up", your points get a +1. And likewise if someone rates you "Down" you get -1. But honestly, that too is a general indicator only, and people's perception of you is based on what you say/do rather than your 'points'.

nice write up Watchman and afaik member title is given after 50 post and after 500 post you can change your member title to any name you want like others have done The New Me chief bottle opener Pathfinder Genus : Mammut ect... and after 1000 post you will get Pro Member title.

btw Charith H Jayasinghe bit a advice to you if you start a thread and you don't get a answer for it bump it rather than start a new thread.

Thanks Watchman. That feels as a green light for me.

Regarding 3. I'm using Toshiba tab with android 4.0 and chrome browser, it worked with Facebook but when I type here I can't separate sentences with "enter" key. It shows correctly when typing but when it post they're seen together. The above statement 1,2,3.... Typed separately but seen as above. This is Just to inform.

nice write up Watchman and afaik member title is given after 50 post and after 500 post you can change your member title to any name you want like others have done The New Me chief bottle opener Pathfinder Genus : Mammut ect... and after 1000 post you will get Pro Member title.

btw Charith H Jayasinghe bit a advice to you if you start a thread and you don't get a answer for it bump it rather than start a new thread.

Thanks nexus, got it.

• 4 years later...
  • 5 months later...

Im bumping this thread up due to the plethora of new members who have joined autolanka to look for 1000cc options.

Please note that if you are seeking what car to buy advice, please let us know your requirements.

An example for a good question is:

I am looking to buy a 1000cc hatchback car which can carry 5 family members and I normally drive 500km per month. I prefer good fuel economy but can compromise on comfort.

Examples for poor questions are:

1. Should I buy a 1000cc Vitz or Baleno? - no requirements given

2. I need a car that is powerful, good fuel economy, comfortable, cheap to maintain and has good resale value - you cant have everything from one car

3. Should I buy BMW 520D or 318M Sport? - not an apples to apples comparison

Also please don't ask us to choose a car for you. You wouldn't ask your friends to choose your life partner. Expect us to give advise to help you choose. At the end, it's your decision.

Oh... if you seek our advise, you cant compare that with what car sale guys say. This is like going to a kattadiya to seek treatment for arthritis. If you wish to take kattadiya's treatment, don't come to us.

Edited by Crosswind
  • Like 4
  • Haha 3

• MADZ featured this topic
  • 8 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Guys, I am new to this forum. I want to buy a sedan car with the good feul consumption ( minimum 15km/l ) my budget is 2.7 million.

My options are Toyota Belta or yaris, wagon r stingray 2016.

please give your suggestions.

thanks in advance.

Edited by Charan

9 minutes ago, Charan said:

Hi Guys, I am new to this forum. I want to buy a sedan car with the good feul consumption ( minimum 15km/l ) my budget is 2.7 million.

My options are Toyota Belta or yaris, wagon r stingray 2016.

please give your suggestions.

thanks in advance.

You have to open a new thread.

Go to "car buying info" section http://autolanka.com/forums/forum/75-car-buying-information/  and click "Ask a question"

Edited by Hyaenidae

• 1 year later...