• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Need Few Clarifications

weels

Hi,

I am willing to buy my first vehicle within next few months. Yet I don't have much clues regarding the model which I should go for.

But according to my budget (which is 1.1 - 1.2Mn), my friends suggest me to go for a Hyundai Accent or Elantra.

Since I don't like driving a shaky 1990,92 toyota or nissan, which is available for my budget I thought my friend's suggestion is a GO.

Need some valuable information from you guys. Comparing to the mentioned vehicles, I like the Elantra than the Accent. (Either must be AUTOMATIC Transmission)

And pls note the pros and cons of these vehicles and the approx prices for 2000 or 2001 models.

YET, If you have any other suggestions for me, I will be more than willing to hear from you.

BR

Udari

I knew one Accent which owner baought for lesser price and hope to do some engine repairs and using it. But he had hard time finding some engine parts/sensors. Its about 6 months back.

However Nissan March with auto gears also a good option.

Hi,

I am willing to buy my first vehicle within next few months. Yet I don't have much clues regarding the model which I should go for.

But according to my budget (which is 1.1 - 1.2Mn), my friends suggest me to go for a Hyundai Accent or Elantra.

Since I don't like driving a shaky 1990,92 toyota or nissan, which is available for my budget I thought my friend's suggestion is a GO.

Need some valuable information from you guys. Comparing to the mentioned vehicles, I like the Elantra than the Accent. (Either must be AUTOMATIC Transmission)

And pls note the pros and cons of these vehicles and the approx prices for 2000 or 2001 models.

YET, If you have any other suggestions for me, I will be more than willing to hear from you.

BR

Udari

Udari,

As this is going to be your first Vehicle. Opinion can differ.

I can only suggest to go for a Indian or any other new small Vehicle as they are within your budget or little more.

New Vehicle so that you can have trouble free running.

If you go for used Vehicle Odometers are adjusted.

All most on all used Vehicles which are imported from Japan Odometers are adjusted to read as low reading to get a better profit

10 year old ones are done more than 500000 Kilometers very rarely you will get a good vehicle with low Odometer reading.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

@Weels:

Firstly, why dont you do a search on the forum for a recommendation. There were a few threads regarding recommendations for that exact budget.

And please don't take Sylvi's advice (this comes from me and the rest of the forum). His intentions may be good, but his knowledge of the automobile industry is really bad. And sadly he thinks just cos he's been alive for that long, he knows everything.

And dont go for a brand new indian or chinese vehicle. You'll have just as many repairs on those due to their bad build quality and you wont even get a ride thats as safe or comfortable as a 10 year old japanese car.

Udari,

As this is going to be your first Vehicle. Opinion can differ. I can only suggest to go for a Indian or any other new small Vehicle as they are within your budget or little more. New Vehicle so that you can have trouble free running. If you go for used Vehicle Odometers are adjusted. All most on all used Vehicles which are imported from Japan Odometers are adjusted to read as low reading to get a better profit 10 year old ones are done more than 500000 Kilometers very rarely you will get a good vehicle with low Odometer reading.

Sylvi Uncle,

can you not mislead people who come here looking for genuine advice damit! Just cos you like your stupid-a$$ chinese van doesnt mean everyone wants one. And you yourself admited that your "brand-new" chinese van had gone through 3-4 major repairs.

It was fun fooling around with you but this person came here for some genuine help. Dont spoil the A/L reputation. Go wipe a windscreen with your 5000 rupee toilet paper if you have nothing better to do.

Hi,

BR

Udari

march k11 is a good option for you i guess...i think its better than Hyundai when we think of 2nd hand value and spare parts..

also you can try

Perodua Viva or

Perodua Kelisa also but i dont know much about spare parts and 2nd hand value of that vehicles..

march k11 is a good option for you i guess...i think its better than Hyundai when we think of 2nd hand value and spare parts..

also you can try

Perodua Viva or

Perodua Kelisa also but i dont know much about spare parts and 2nd hand value of that vehicles..

Its a no go for march k11 !

one of the worst cars i have driven.its not fast,its not good on fuel, and its not comfy either.Its an all rounded bad performer ! <_<

Time probably won't make the situation any better, since the car market in Sri Lanka is a little crazy.

I think before you think of what model, you need to decide what your requirements are.

For example do you want a 4 door saloon would a small hatchback cater to your needs?

How often will you be driving it and how far?

How are the roads in the area you drive?

Who is paying for your fuel and maintenance (I ask because if your company gives you a fuel allowance fuel economy becomes less of a priority)

How long do you plan to use this car before upgrading?

I think in general I would advise you against the Accent, since it was the base model of the Hyundai range before the quality improved (significantly like in the i series Hyundais) and they were shaky in re con form, most were imported from Singapore with high miles and I don't think they would have aged gracefully.

Sylvi Uncle,

can you not mislead people who come here looking for genuine advice damit! Just cos you like your stupid-a$$ chinese van doesnt mean everyone wants one. And you yourself admited that your "brand-new" chinese van had gone through 3-4 major repairs.

It was fun fooling around with you but this person came here for some genuine help. Dont spoil the A/L reputation. Go wipe a windscreen with your 5000 rupee toilet paper if you have nothing better to do.

'Watchman,

This forum any member can give his opinion.

You have no reason to Disgrace my Profession.

Please read my post I have mentioned Opinion Differ.

What wrote is my opinion.

You have no reason to Disgrace my Profession for you to lick.

I will send you some of my used Toilet papers.

Please stop Humiliating Members by writing posts.

This reply indicating my post proves what school you have come from.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

ohhh. really? 500000 ? I don't think so. :P

Isuru Udana,

May be you are correct to a certain extend but what can you expect from a 10 year old Vehicle. Paying 1 to 1.2 M Rs.

At lest once a month some repair will prop up.Then first time user will get fed up with the Vehicle.

That is the reason I suggested a new Vehicle.

10 Years ago Vehicle registered in Srilanka will be 13 years or more.

Used Japanese vehicles for three years minimum do 50000 Kilometers.Very rarely you will get a Vehicle done less than that.

Most our importers got used Vehicles with high Odometers and they are tempered to get a better profit I have mentioned early.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Sylvi, what the man is pointing out is, your earlier post said 500,000 , not 50,000.

'Pericles',

Honorary Moderator. Yes I have written in my post mentioning 500000 Kilometers as assuming the total amount including used in Japan and in Srilanka.

In the second Post I have mentioned is the use in Japan when the Vehicle is imported as 50000 Kilometers.

I hope you would have read a member want to claim a relation ship with me.

I hope you will put a stop to this member This type of posts will have unwanted reply's from me.

Please note you will find he is posting posts humiliating to my Profession.too.

Hope as the Moderator will do the justice.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

Edited by Sylvi

Can we please stop this child like bickering please, and could we please simply refrain from making personal or derogatory comments and stick to facts ! I'm not a moderator and can't enforce it but guys, most of us are well beyond our school days :)

And Bravo to JDNET, and now if everybody can calm down and mind their language, we can keep the post relevant to the OP's question (and that includes you, Mr Wijesinghe)

Edited by The Don

'Pericles',

Honorary Moderator. Yes I have written in my post mentioning 500000 Kilometers as assuming the total amount including used in Japan and in Srilanka.

In the second Post I have mentioned is the use in Japan when the Vehicle is imported as 50000 Kilometers.

I hope you would have read a member want to claim a relation ship with me.

I hope you will put a stop to this member This type of posts will have unwanted reply's from me.

Please note you will find he is posting posts humiliating to my Profession.too.

Hope as the Moderator will do the justice.

Sylvi Wijesinghe.

For one thing, I do NOT appreciate the insult.

Thesaurus

Adj. 1. honorary - given as an honor without the normal duties; "an honorary degree"

unearned - not gained by merit or labor or service; "accepted the unearned rewards that came his ways as well as the unearned criticism"; "unearned income"; "an unearned run"

For another thing, we already established that in this culture, the word Uncle is used as a title of respect for your elders, not to claim relationships. I know old age is referred to as ones second childhood, but stop being such a blasted baby!

And 500,000km on the engine would be well into rebuild territory.

Machang Uncle, your figure is very subjective as there are people who run ~10k km a month and there are people running a lot less. For example I average about 600 - 700 a month. For the sake of argument let's say I run 1500km a month. Then if I used a brand new car, I would do about 180k for 10 years. That's why pulling random numbers from your arse is annoying. Not to get your blood pressure up Uncle but kinda thinking aloud.