• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Corolla Axio

fdk

Giys ,i have decided to buy a axio G grade ,and i saw one in a car sale that is black colour,teak interioir camera etc....,its a G grade without th smart key for 46, normally do G grades come with the normal key???,,,and it has got a bureau veritas certificate instead of the JAAI should i buy it???

4.6 million is too much mate..I think you can go for a one for 4 million...isn't it better for you to buy a X maybe for 3.5 million and try to fix Fog lamps for Rs.11,000/=,Reverse Camera for Rs 18,000/= HID lights for Rs 16,500/= and teak panels for Rs 55,000/= you'll get a semi G (lol) from Rs 3.6 million...If you want smart key and winker mirrors then it's not possible to modify X...

Machan If AXIO is pappa model what do you recommend for a young guy??????

Machang, I'm not contesting what type of cars should people buy depending on their age group :)

A whorehouse will still be a whorehouse no matter how many euphemisms you invent. That my friend is a fact!

Giys ,i have decided to buy a axio G grade ,and i saw one in a car sale that is black colour,teak interioir camera etc....,its a G grade without th smart key for 46, normally do G grades come with the normal key???,,,and it has got a bureau veritas certificate instead of the JAAI should i buy it???

Please beware that there are "Axio X Ltd Edition" models being sold as G grade ones by changing the badge (in local car sales)! :action-smiley-060:

These X Ltd Edition cars has HID Lights, AAC, RPM meter etc but doesn't have Push Start. They are cheaper than G grade ones in Japanese auctions. G grade comes with Push Start.

Edited by gada

Its usually an older crowd that buys a Toyota

Bit of an over generalization - Chaps who owned these cars aren't THAT old.

http://preveen.multiply.com/photos/photo/6/67

http://preveen.multiply.com/photos/photo/6/215

http://preveen.multiply.com/photos/photo/6/89

http://preveen.multiply.com/photos/photo/6/230

http://preveen.multiply.com/photos/photo/6/151

Even Madmax had a Glanza while we were around the 25 year old mark.

We wish we all can have Evolution Xs and WRX STis but our lovely tax system doesn't really permit that now, does it? :( The recon price of both seem to be around 4M, Axio money in SL...

This guy seems to have 4+mill otherwise he wouldn't be looking at this Axio.

This guy seems to have 4+mill otherwise he wouldn't be looking at this Axio.

Well personal preferences differ and some people like to stick with crap rolleyes.gif

And btw, I was speaking of pre tax prices but 4M+ should find a good 2007 IX or a GDB-G

Edited by BLu3HaZe

You recommend 4 door econoboxes for a young guy? Geez man. Have some imagination!

Presenting exhibit A on what is wrong with the SL car market.

One fellow is looking for a fuel efficient Subaru... another is breaking speed records in an Axio..

Nostradamus and others got it right... 2012 is the end of the world.. :(

If I had 4 mill as a budget for a car... I would buy about 3.... A BMW E30 as a daily runner, a Volvo V70 T5 as a family mover and a mint condition BMW 5 series (E39 or 34) for those special occasions... :)

Still will have enough cash on standby for any... eventualities.

Machang, I'm not contesting what type of cars should people buy depending on their age group :)

A whorehouse will still be a whorehouse no matter how many euphemisms you invent. That my friend is a fact!

Yes machan i understood, But itz all about personal preference machan..I personally don't like hatch backs..otherwise i think Honda Jazz and Honda Fit is more sporty looking cars than toyotas..and even honda Civic and Mazda axlela is also nice.But i have used honda Jazz and Mazda demio before and found that toyotas give less headaches to the owner than honda and mazda..and again itz my personal preference .. :rolleyes:

One fellow is looking for a fuel efficient Subaru... another is breaking speed records in an Axio..

Nostradamus and others got it right... 2012 is the end of the world.. :(

:angry-smiley-048: great saying man..I think here we have got the record holder for axio...

Yes machan i understood, But itz all about personal preference machan..I personally don't like hatch backs..otherwise i think Honda Jazz and Honda Fit is more sporty looking cars than toyotas..and even honda Civic and Mazda axlela is also nice.But i have used honda Jazz and Mazda demio before and found that toyotas give less headaches to the owner than honda and mazda..and again itz my personal preference .. :rolleyes:

taking the bus would be a even lesser headache. No parking fees, no insurance, no 4+mil upfront cost and no servicing problems. And if ur still iffy about spending Rs.10-20 a day on bus fair, and still cant find a way to spend your 4million buy a bus and put it on the route you take to work. That way the bus fair comes back into your pocket :P

On a serious note, yes we know some people buy toyotas simply cos they dont know a lot about cars and hence want to have as little interaction with mechanics as possible. Its not them we're laughing at. Those people are

1- people who buy a NZT260 cos the neighbor has a NZT240 or thinks

2- people who cry over loosing 1kmpl in fuel efficiency but go ahead and spend a hefty premium on buying a toyota to brak about their new 13kmpl car.

3- people who pose a hazard to everyone on the road yet think thy're cool simply cos they pushed a car beyond the limits its meant to reach (aka our new 130kmph buddy). Someone should show him those photos of the last guy who tried that in a black allion.

4- people who think saving 50k on a already overpriced car is a great achievement.

So, if you're not any of the above, you shouldnt feel offended nor bother explaining your purchase decision.

:)

1- people who buy a NZT260 cos the neighbor has a NZT240 or thinks

2- people who cry over loosing 1kmpl in fuel efficiency but go ahead and spend a hefty premium on buying a toyota to brak about their new 13kmpl car.

3- people who pose a hazard to everyone on the road yet think thy're cool simply cos they pushed a car beyond the limits its meant to reach (aka our new 130kmph buddy). Someone should show him those photos of the last guy who tried that in a black allion.

4- people who think saving 50k on a already overpriced car is a great achievement.

So, if you're not any of the above, you shouldnt feel offended nor bother explaining your purchase decision.

:)

+1

I know of a guy who bought a 260 by pawning his soul... only to realize GOSL knocked the taxes 3 months later... he will lose about 2-2.5 when he sells the car. :)) Not the idea when one buys a 'Toyota'... :)

Also this obsession with getting one more extra KmPl is now getting really boring.

Stupid morons, if they are so worried about fuel, they should buy motor cycles or better stil push cycles...

Ratatama penna car aragena duk windiniwa ;)

Moda gon harak.

THanha jayathi soko kiwwalu :action-smiley-060:

think its more to do with priorities than anything else for personally prefering this axio.. which is now kinda turning into a pendemic of epic proportions me thinks.. right now its becoming as common as the maruti's.. my problem is you are gonna look like everyone else in the road and has spent over 3.6Million just for the resale value and 13 or whatever KMPL..

at least maruti;s are cheap brandnew cards.. axio's arent...

ok dont buy a 200HP + motor.. but why u cant u buy an axela or something.. its lesser in price.. classier.. and u wont look like a middle class maruti owner..

right now if one were to accidently trip and fall the thing you hold on to break your fall would undoubtly be an AXIO..

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::D:D:D:D:D:D

I still can't understand why people who can afford expensive cars worry about their petrol consumption

that's like buying an expensive home theater system and watching Rajinikanth movies in it :P

no wonder Axio/Allions have earned the reputation a "Mudalali's Ferrari" :)

Edited by scds

Its more like a Godayata magic situation.....

There is no looking at other options, no other brands, no other type... just Toyota Toyota Toyota... But when you look at the parts availability and prices, its actually a Myth that parts are available and cheap.

Ripper and I struggled to find some parts for his AE100 and that also came at steep prices.

Thank God he is not driving a Toyota anymore. recently we managed to replace his clutch, pressure plate, and the GB Mount on the Ford and it was just a matter of calling the place and going and picking up the original part. No walking around with parts in your hand looking for replacements for the most common car on the road.

How embarrassing can it be to look for parts of a brand that is supposedly most prolific on the roads of Sri Lanka.

Edited by VVTi

How much for a Wanker Mirror, Scoop Light and As Pihatu light model? :jumping-smiley-013:

Also, can I have with only Push Start? I don't want a key or starter Motor... I can Push Start.

:lol::lol: