• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Buying A Ek3

sara1987

guys, im planning to buy a ek3 at 1.2-1.3mn is it possible???...i heared that honda cars give less trouble even though the spares are pricey..and i want to do 10-11 kmpl in city limits is it possible with ek3?? im dreaming about owning a honda car from childhood...this is going to be my first car..is it ok to go for a honda as a first car??

pls help

If its your dream car machang, we are in no position to tell you to not buy it. But if you want to look at the practical aspect of it I guess some might be able to help you out. "less trouble" is a very relative term. Compared to a european car, it probably is a lot less trouble, but compared to a Toyota maybe not. And the fuel figures are very subjective to the person driving it and how its being driven, so dont loose hairs over 1-2 kmpl when buying your dream car.

OT:

Sara, I take it you're 23-24 years old? May I ask was 'Fast and the Furious' an influence on this dream car or had you wanted a Honda even before that?

guys, im planning to buy a ek3 at 1.2-1.3mn is it possible???...i heared that honda cars give less trouble even though the spares are pricey..and i want to do 10-11 kmpl in city limits is it possible with ek3?? im dreaming about owning a honda car from childhood...this is going to be my first car..is it ok to go for a honda as a first car??

pls help

if you a dreaming to buy a honda from childhood go and buy it at the end of the day only thing mater is if you like the car or not if i were you i go and buy my dream car.:D

its possible if you stretch your budget at lease to 1.4 m and it's a manual transmission it do around 10 kmpl in city limits.

just adding my humble two cents B)

@ Watchman..fast and furious wasnt my influence...my cousin had a honda , eg8 i think...that was my influence..and driving a honda is giving a gutsy feeling..to me if a person had a honda in his life he never goes for other makes

ROFL...if you had a chanse to buy a merc or bmw you like you chose honda owner them ? :P

i guess your honda fanboy

c'mon nexus, don't take the mickey out of the poor boy. he loves hondas, let him. i love them too, but if i had the money i'd order myself a murcie! dunno how it'll be for you tho. but i for one did pass up a chance for a beamer for my ek3. and i love it.

dude seems to be fixated on hondas, so what we say wouldn't really matter. let's not destroy his fantasies, shall us?

here's my humble two cents: son, don't let the car make you a pr*ck behind the wheel. that gutsy feeling will be very literal when the police have to unwrap you and said honda from a telephone pole. hondas are fast, and are easy rollers, so you won't realize the speeds you're hitting til you've got there. i'd say it's a good car to start off if you're a 1987 mint ;)

you'll be able to get a 300/301 plate for that kinda money. make sure it has been well maintained, and not modified up the wazoo. i dunno if that's your cup of tea, but i for one prefer to keep my car stock on the outside (look up the term "sleeper") the hub brakes in the rear don't stop the car as much as you'd like, so do be careful when you let her rip.

you can get that kinda economy if you drive carefully. most cars with a 1500cc engine will give you that. what matters is what else they give you when you just wanna burn some rubber. toyotas/nissans in that calibre don't come equipped with a "sport" mode shifter on the steering wheel for when you gotta go. the multimatic cvt ek3's do, and there's a little thrill in having your car become a little beast at the push of a button. (emphasis on the world "little") if that's your thing then look for a multimatic. i know some knuckles are already cracking in haste to cut me down for recommending a CVT, but despite its' negative rep, its a wonderful technology, (if not, all the japanese marques won't be sticking it in their vehicles... honda and nissan did this 10 years ago) and remember to get your gear oil changed every 17,000 km or so at the agents, with CVT oil. nothing else. normal oil is too viscous and screws up the box, if used. look into that history when you buy a car.

a manual, of course, is more fun. and also comes with a VTEC motor. the cvt's don't. if you want some good fun, and if you've got the budget (i recommend robbing a bank and selling your left testis for this) go see the EK5 RTi advertised in the H*tad last sunday. it's one of the very few all-wheel drive hondas in the country. now that, would be a corker.

good luck with your search.

@pericles: i didn't meant to advertise. it's a rare buy which would be excellent for this dude. trust me on this i don't own a car sale! pls do remove if you find this unfit for the forum. my apologies if so.

a manual, of course, is more fun. and also comes with a VTEC motor. the cvt's don't. if you want some good fun, and if you've got the budget (i recommend robbing a bank and selling your left testis for this) go see the EK5 RTi advertised in the H*tad last sunday. it's one of the very few all-wheel drive hondas in the country. now that, would be a corker.

Buddy the CVTs had VTEC and Non-VTECs did not have CVT boxes,They were just Automatic :)

pls help

Its not a bad car at all but it being your dream car, there is a good chance that someday that you will look at the most of the other hondas and think that your car looks "naked"(if you had bought a stock car) and go get a body kit,loud exhaust,loud stereo and all the other typical stuff you might find. And naturally you come to think of yourself as a street racer and go around town causing misery to each and everyone on the road.

Please, if you end up with a good honda, keep it the way it is. Adding a set of alloy wheels won't a hurt. 10-11kmpl would be possible with careful driving but it depends on your driving style as dilesh had mentioned, but my thought is, however careful you try to drive you can't resist when a trishaw or a lorry tries to overtake you, so most of the people like me end up getting around 9kmpl in city even in a starlet!

@ Watchman..fast and furious wasnt my influence...my cousin had a honda , eg8 i think...that was my influence..and driving a honda is giving a gutsy feeling..to me if a person had a honda in his life he never goes for other makes

agreed bro!! welcome to the family!!action-smiley-031.gif

Welcome to the Honda Club.

As advice above if you could stretch the budget bit ore you could get a decent

EK 3. Its a good car, auto ones depending on teh driving pattern may give

about 10 kpml in a mix of heavy traffic and ordinary traffic.

My experience with my car in city about 10kmpl and kandy and back

with bit of trashing got 12.65kmpl, and have got even slightly higher on more flat roads.

Try to get a low mileage car and specially a cared car.

Over the last 19 yrs I gave had 3 successive Honda's,

Can recommend and hope you find your dream a reality fast.

Welcome and Good Luck

you'll be able to get a 300/301 plate for that kinda money. make sure it has been well maintained, and not modified up the wazoo. i dunno if that's your cup of tea, but i for one prefer to keep my car stock on the outside (look up the term "sleeper") the hub brakes in the rear don't stop the car as much as you'd like, so do be careful when you let her rip.

you can get that kinda economy if you drive carefully. most cars with a 1500cc engine will give you that. what matters is what else they give you when you just wanna burn some rubber. toyotas/nissans in that calibre don't come equipped with a "sport" mode shifter on the steering wheel for when you gotta go. the multimatic cvt ek3's do, and there's a little thrill in having your car become a little beast at the push of a button. (emphasis on the world "little") if that's your thing then look for a multimatic. i know some knuckles are already cracking in haste to cut me down for recommending a CVT, but despite its' negative rep, its a wonderful technology, (if not, all the japanese marques won't be sticking it in their vehicles... honda and nissan did this 10 years ago) and remember to get your gear oil changed every 17,000 km or so at the agents, with CVT oil. nothing else. normal oil is too viscous and screws up the box, if used. look into that history when you buy a car.

good luck with your search.

@pericles: i didn't meant to advertise. it's a rare buy which would be excellent for this dude. trust me on this i don't own a car sale! pls do remove if you find this unfit for the forum. my apologies if so.

So many lovely little nuggets of Wisdom there.... :)

Edited by Kavvz

pls help

Alright, on a more serious note:

Congrats on being able to afford your dream car 'sara1987'. All the best with your purchase.

When buying your car look for a detailed maintenance history and get something as close to stock as possible; if the car is modified in anyway watch out for mods that rob the car of performance and safety.

Above all please note that you're buying a compact family sedan. Your car maybe capable of excessive speeds but that doesn't mean you have to drive it in a manner that puts your life or the lives of people around you at risk. I hope you'll be one of the responsible vehicle owners who understand the limitations of their vehicle and abide by the highway code and not one of the 'boy-racer wannabes' out there...

Edited by Kavvz

Buddy the CVTs had VTEC and Non-VTECs did not have CVT boxes,They were just Automatic :)

i have a CVT non VTEC. it redlines at 6800, not 7200. it doesn't have an econ light, and there are no solenoids under the hood. hence, not a CVT. i did some reading on this, and the Mi model line did not VTEC, because VTEC is a technology that kicks in at higher rpm's, and CVT is all about keeping the RPM's constant, and of course, not that high. so they counteract each other.

i have a CVT non VTEC. it redlines at 6800, not 7200. it doesn't have an econ light, and there are no solenoids under the hood. hence, not a CVT. i did some reading on this, and the Mi model line did not VTEC, because VTEC is a technology that kicks in at higher rpm's, and CVT is all about keeping the RPM's constant, and of course, not that high. so they counteract each other.

dude dont talk bushit..keep your mouth shut and listen to others if you dont know soemthing. there are so many Vtec+CVT combinations...are you out of your mind or what??

you just made yourself an idiot with your so called knowledge on hondas. :lol:

Dude..

den what about the ViRS and Vi Automatics???

Arent they CVT :P ?

The Civic Mi Comes with a Multimatic gear box I guess

Edited by kelum_wj

dude dont talk bushit..keep your mouth shut and listen to others if you dont know soemthing. there are so many Vtec+CVT combinations...are you out of your mind or what??

you just made yourself an idiot with your so called knowledge on hondas. :lol:

"bushit?" wow... that's a new one if i ever heard of one. where in that post of mine, Mr. Green, did you see the word RS? the ViRS does come with a multimatic VTEC, which has two sport modes. i know that.

but our boy can't afford an RS on that budget. can he? and he's not going to find a VTEC motor in an Mi, is he? he's better off getting a manual 301-

ha ha... such attitude from these ickle boys... goodness!

oh wait. my bad. the ferio Vi is multimatic. missed that. you're right kelum. and so is sadaharitha malli: i'm an idiot. <goes and sits in idiot corner with hat of shame>

lol... can't believe i missed that.

oh the folly of a little less information...

apologies to any and all who thought i was talking "bushit" and "making an idiot of myself" clearly there was nothing left to make, since one little mistake is enough to bring out said hat of shame. ok then. off to take another 1 year hiatus from the forum and all this attitude. god it's so unhealthy. spikes up my blood sugar also...