• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Wrc 2011

Gummybr

The era of the 2000cc turbo engined Rally Car ended last year. 2011 starts with the new specification 1600cc Turbo cars.

Since 2011 starts with all new cars and all new teams I believe the competition will be intense and exciting.

Manufacturers

Ford - Fiesta 1600Turbo

Citroen - DS3 1600Turbo

Mini (6 Rallies for this season only) - Countryman 1600Turbo

Teams

Citroen WRC - Sebastian Loeb, Sebastian Ogier

Ford WRC - Jari Matti Latvala, Mikko Hirvonen

Mini WRC - Danni Sordo, Kris Meeke

Ice1 Racing Squad (Citroen DS3WRC) - Kimi Raikonnen

Petter Solberg WRC (Citroen DS3) - Petter Solberg

Abu Dhabi Tourism Authority Backed (Ford) - Khalid Al Qassimi

Stobart M-Sport WRC (Ford) - Mads Ostberg, Henning Solberg and Matthew Wilson

Monster WRC (Ford) - Ken Block

FERM Powertools WRC (Ford) - Dennis Kuipers

Expert Predictions

Petter S

First Event is due to be held from 10 - 13th February in Sweden

Oh damn they are going to reduce displacement to 1600 :(

Whats gonna happen to cars like subbies or evos with bigger engines ?

I read an article about a month back about how Subaru might return in 2012 or so with the Subaru Justy WRC.

Dunno how accurate this is.. I'm still trying to get as much info on this as possible.. Unless anyone knows

the ceo at Fuji Heavy Industries.. Then that'll be cool :)

I read an article about a month back about how Subaru might return in 2012 or so with the Subaru Justy WRC.

Dunno how accurate this is.. I'm still trying to get as much info on this as possible.. Unless anyone knows

the ceo at Fuji Heavy Industries.. Then that'll be cool :)

I hope so, Subarus reputation solely depends on the participation of WRC

I hope so, Subarus reputation solely depends on the participation of WRC

we-el that's quite a bit wrong to be honest, not only has Subaru been winning awards all over the world for there new range of Legacy's Foresters etc, they've also been quite alive in the motorsports area with loads of Subaru's running and winning time attack challengers and local to international rally events. They actually don't need the wrc for a reputation anymore.. its just that loads of people would love to see Subaru back in the wrc :)

I think the economy will have to improve before you see more Japanese manufacturers come back to motorsport. I think a lot of them decided to cut costs while retaining staff hence projects like WRC and F1 had to take a back seat.

I don't think the 1600CC will make the series less interesting. In straight lines the saloons apparently are faster, hence the preference for them in touring cars, but in rallying the hatchbacks seemed to have ruled this decade thanks in turn to a certain Mr Loeb. From the driver line up Citroen powered teams are still the ones to beat !

we-el that's quite a bit wrong to be honest, not only has Subaru been winning awards all over the world for there new range of Legacy's Foresters etc, they've also been quite alive in the motorsports area with loads of Subaru's running and winning time attack challengers and local to international rally events. They actually don't need the wrc for a reputation anymore.. its just that loads of people would love to see Subaru back in the wrc :)

I think thats what i meant indirectly ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The opening round of the 2011 WRC just concluded yesterday.

Results;

1. Mikko Hirvonen

2. Mats Otsberg

3. Jari Matti Latvala

4. Sebastian Ogier

5. Petter Solberg

6. Sebastian Loeb

Ogier won the inaugural Power Stage and earned 3 bonus points.

Petter gets a ticket and his co-driver Chris Patterson had to drive the rest of the Rally

Ogier won the inaugural Power Stage and earned 3 bonus points.

Petter gets a ticket and his co-driver Chris Patterson had to drive the rest of the Rally

I can't say I agree with a single stage giving so many points, but Chris Patterson driving the car on the final stage was a brilliant moment. He was slowest overall but didn't lose a position in the standings, so well done to him.

• 2 months later...

Thought I'd bump this thread up abit,

Rally of Jordan finished a couple of days back, and what a rally it's been! 0.2 Seconds separate the winner and 2nd place drivers!

Props to S. Ogier for winning 2 rallies this season!

Looks like Loeb's gonna have to fight quite hard for the title this year.

Also good to see Kimi finishing in 6th place.. looks like he's finding the WRC touch.. :D

Full results at http://www.wrc.com/results/2011/jordan-rally/final-results/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Sebastian Ogier manages to break Loeb's dominance in the German leg of the WRC which he had won for the last 8 years. This means that Ogier moves upto 2nd in the drivers standing.

It was the first podium finish for Mini as well.

On other news Loeb will stay in WRC for another 2 seasons, and he will he remain at Citroen since VW couldn't sign him up. His competitors seems to like the prospect of having to beat him for another two years...

• 1 year later...

Old thread but highlights of 2012 in the below video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRty9rMyZIQ

Sadly 2012 will be the end of the road for Loeb's full time involvement with WRC and also quite possibly the Ford World Rally Team.

Also pro drive Mini will also not take part if stories are true.

On the bright side next year will feature VW and possibly Hyundai.

Good one Gummybr :lol: .

Are there any rule changes for 2013 and beyond? WRC badly needs a kick up it's ass with some inducement for many more players join in. I used to follow it almost religiously years back. But now it is soooo boring and isn't in the spot light at all.

Good one Gummybr :lol: .

Are there any rule changes for 2013 and beyond? WRC badly needs a kick up it's ass with some inducement for many more players join in. I used to follow it almost religiously years back. But now it is soooo boring and isn't in the spot light at all.

No changes as far as I know. But next year should be interesting if Loeb doesn't win with only 5 rallies.