• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Head Gasket Repair

wbruwan

Question

7 answers to this question

If your head gasket is gone you need to tear down the engine and replace it. Using these additives is basically asking for trouble. Pretty sure you cant find bar's product here.

Unrelated but this should tell you how bad this stuff is. I used the Bar's stuff for radiators when I had a pin hole leak. It seemed to fix the leak for a while but after driving a few miles I noticed that it started leaking again. Yet the coolant level in the resovior did not change at all. So I aded a little more of that crap and and once again it worked until about 200 miles when my radiator just cracked right through the bottom sending all the fluid gushing out. Oh yeah and the coolant bottle was still full. It turned out the stop leak stuff blocked everything the coolant passed through including the hose that feeds the fluid from the reservoir. I basically had to install a new radiator and flush the entire sytem and clean all the hoses.

This just goes to show that you are better off doing it the right way. It will save you money in the long run too....

Edited by jdnet