• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Nissan Tida

M navy

I had a tiida latio which i used a little more than a year. I can tell you that it is very spacious inside and fuel consumption is the best out of all nissan cars.How ever it's suspension and steering system needs maintanance very often, I spent almost 200k for maintanance until I sold it couple of weeks back. My advise to you is to go for a toyota instead of a tiida.

yeah even i also thought that but someone on this topic was comparing to the belta! so i thought i'm wrong! :)

it's successor for nissan pulsar and nissan sunny it maybe a competitor to corolla correct me if im wrong.

it's successor for nissan pulsar and nissan sunny it maybe a competitor to corolla correct me if im wrong.

Yes I think you are correct machan. The Sunny used to be the competitor for the corolla. According to Wikipedia in 2005 Tiida took over the sunny range. So I think the Tiida is the competitor for corolla now. Although sunny name was discontinued in Japan after 2005 Pulsar was re-badged as Sunny and sold to the asian market. I dont know what the newest Sunny A*W is advertising now, maybe its another re-badged version of pulsar..

Edited by Reckless

Yes I think you are correct machan. The Sunny used to be the competitor for the corolla. According to Wikipedia in 2005 Tiida took over the sunny range. So I think the Tiida is the competitor for corolla now. Although sunny name was discontinued in Japan after 2005 Pulsar was re-badged as Sunny and sold to the asian market. I dont know what the newest Sunny A*W is advertising now, maybe its another re-badged version of pulsar..

The Tiida took over the compact car segment, while the sunny moved up in some markets, and disappeared in some. Think the Sunny still competes with the Corolla, the Tiida competes with the new additions to Toyota (similar story to the Nissans), the Yaris, Vios, etc

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...

i have brought one brand new 3 months ago. so i dont have any idea about maintenance. but i can assure that it has very good fuel consumption over the other nissan cars. it does 13 km/l on my trip from Ambilipitiya to Kandy and back to Ambilipitiya, 400 km. it does 16-17 km/l on roads without any traffic. its a very comfortable and spacious vehicle. very good choice for ur money.

i have brought one brand new 3 months ago. so i dont have any idea about maintenance. but i can assure that it has very good fuel consumption over the other nissan cars. it does 13 km/l on my trip from Ambilipitiya to Kandy and back to Ambilipitiya, 400 km. it does 16-17 km/l on roads without any traffic. its a very comfortable and spacious vehicle. very good choice for ur money.

You reckon 13km/l is good consumption? It's soulless, disproportionate and produces average fuel figures at best.

Edited by ShintaroX

The tiida looks more like a competitior for the axio than the corolla.

eh? they're both one and the same. if you look closely, you can see 'COROLLA' in tiny letters above the 'Axio' designation.

eh? they're both one and the same. if you look closely, you can see 'COROLLA' in tiny letters above the 'Axio' designation.

ROFL That is amazing! Your vision is good enough to read the little 'corolla' letters, but not good enough to see that the corolla and the corolla axio are different???!!!!!

ROFL That is amazing! Your vision is good enough to read the little 'corolla' letters, but not good enough to see that the corolla and the corolla axio are different???!!!!!

Errr the axio is the JDM model of the Corolla so underneath its pretty much the same :)

Errr the axio is the JDM model of the Corolla so underneath its pretty much the same :)

Good grief, so really all of you think the corolla axio and the corolla are ONE AND THE SAME car? Really? The fact that the corolla is wider, longer and taller and has a bigger engine and different interior still means that they are the SAME car?

Edited by ShintaroX

• 2 years later...

Is your car CVT?

Edited by Kaushika.Heenatigala

• 9 months later...

Tiida is value for money and itz better than 121,141 and 240s in all aspects (except appearance) Yeah itz not a better looking car but it has mind blowing interior and ground clearence (min 160mm) is decent enough to handel SL roads and suspension is soft , therefore it has the best ride comfort. It does avg 10kmpl in city limits and outsation it does 15kmpl (auto transmission). Tiida has ample leg space & boot and it is most comfortable ride for long journeys & it has the best seating position. It is the safest car in its segment and it has all euroncap japncap usancap with 4star rating.Eventhoug itz powerd with 1500cc engine it has an impressive acceleration and handling and also it has all features which already available in nze 260 such as auto lights, unique climate control which can purify hazadours fumes, front and rear armrests, tri coated seats, soft touch side pannels, teak panels etc. Nissan tiida is a jap manufactured so no need to worry about the built quality look at the sheet metal (thickness). It has a rock solid gearbox and engine and spark plugs should (equipped with irridum) replace every 120000km (some models have normal plugs last for 50000km) unlike n16 no need to tune engine every 20000km tune up interval is 50000km. I think tiida is the best family car for 2.5-3.0mil..

• 3 weeks later...

Yes i agree with you. For the money pad it the best car that you can purchase. Some times we spend 2.9 M to buy overprice under capacity Vitz or Belta.
Sometimes we paid 3-3.5 Mn to purchase 1.3L engine Belta or Yaris. So thiis comes with 1.5 CC engine.
However i dnt know much about about maintenance of this car.
Fuel consumption is in satisfactory level. I saw one owner aid that fuel consumption of this car is 12km/l in city and 17km/l in out station. I dnt sure about it.
Major problem is Sri Lankan vehicle market is 2nd hand value of this vehicle it low. Interior of this car superb than Toyota models in that price range.
Another good for this price range with 1.5 L engine is Hond FIT Area.

• Thanks 1

Yes i agree with you. For the money pad it the best car that you can purchase. Some times we spend 2.9 M to buy overprice under capacity Vitz or Belta.
Sometimes we paid 3-3.5 Mn to purchase 1.3L engine Belta or Yaris. So thiis comes with 1.5 CC engine.
However i dnt know much about about maintenance of this car.
Fuel consumption is in satisfactory level. I saw one owner aid that fuel consumption of this car is 12km/l in city and 17km/l in out station. I dnt sure about it.
Major problem is Sri Lankan vehicle market is 2nd hand value of this vehicle it low. Interior of this car superb than Toyota models in that price range.
Another good for this price range with 1.5 L engine is Hond FIT Area.

I agree that its cheap / good value for money and that its got decent fuel consumption largely due to the CVT transmission; but good interior? What model year are you referring to for the one's I've looked at were pretty cheap looking inside...

Edit: Never mind - I just realized you're comparing it to the Belta / Vitz interior which I can't stand, mostly because of the centralized stack. The use of superlatives in your post and in the one above when describing the interior threw me off but when I consider the competition / the cars its being compared to I see your point -superbly! :D

Edited by Kavvz
  • Thanks 1

I agree that its cheap and that its got decent fuel consumption largely due to the CVT transmission; but good interior? What model year are you referring to for the one's I've looked at were pretty cheap looking inside...

tiida is an affordable car which you can experience the same comfort of a 4.5mil sedan.

pls google following links

http://picture1.goo-net.com/012/0120142/J/0120142A30150306W00212.jpg (without front armrest )

http://picture1.goo-net.com/090/0900454/J/0900454A30150923W00114.jpg( same as brand-new version )

http://picture1.goo-net.com/070/0700814/J/0700814A20151121E00602.jpg ( highest grade in 1500cc)

http://picture1.goo-net.com/070/0700814/J/0700814A20151121E00612.jpg (rear)

http://picture1.goo-net.com/057/0570569/J/0570569A30151210W00112.jpg ( lowest grade)

Edited by dhachamila

I agree with the affordable part but not with the rest.

However as in my edited post above I do think its a good value for money / the better choice when compared with the Belta / Vitz.