• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What Is The Coolest Mobile Phone????

Hello,guys!

In your opinion, what is the coolest mobile phone/device available????(what are you using?)I saw this phone Hiptop sidekick 3(google that) and it looked cool....

Go for HTC HD 2. very powerful & good price (Google nexus one also good )

Hello,guys!

In your opinion, what is the coolest mobile phone/device available????(what are you using?)I saw this phone Hiptop sidekick 3(google that) and it looked cool....

I'm not gonna get into a debate about cool, coz right now, everything has some issue or the other that prevents it from being 100% Right for me, tho the closest right now is the Evo 4G. But my compromise right now is to use the LG GW620 until a phone that has everything I want comes out. Its not too bad, not a severe compromise, but still, lacking somethings.

Allows be to moderate the forums on the move, which seems required these days! <_<

Phones members are discussing or about Automobiles

This forum can any member discuss out of topic.

Wijesinghe.

If you don't mind, we have moderators to tell people what is ok to discuss or not. We have sections like "PC and other Console Games" and "The Lounge" specifically to discuss non-automotive things.

Besides, the latest phones have GPS and NAV software that can be used in cars. And mobile phones and driving is another big issue. So its not extremely OT.

I would say the coolest ever were the old Nokia 3110s and the 5110/6110s...

But thats just me... those phones were oozing charachter and charm. simple as a stick to use and never breaks!!

• Like 1

I've used about 20 phones up to now. Including iPhone 1st generation (for few days borrowed from friend), Nokia 5800 (previous phone), N-series, SE, Motorola.

And bout 2 years back I got Nokia 1100 as my official phone and used it about 6 months. And I must say i fall in love with that phone. I am still in search for good 1100 and willing to pay even Rs.2000 over the market price for good one.

It got the most user friendly interface ever I came across. Single hand operated and one finger can be used with every single function. It comes with phone unique key pad layout it self. And more I used the high tech devices more I realized all I needed was to take calls and send quick texts.

Also before reply this thread I just googled Nokia 1100 and to my amazement it's not only the best selling phone ever but best selling electronic device ever produced by man.

Over 200 million Nokia 1100 cellphones have been sold since its launch in late 2003, making it the world's best selling phone handset, as well as the best selling consumer electronics device in the world, beating Sony's PlayStation 2 (138 million), Apple's iPod (220 million) and Motorola's RAZR (120 million) source: Wiki.

So Nokia 1100 best phone ever ..

please tell me where i can find a brand new one.

• Like 1

But thats just me... those phones were oozing charachter and charm. simple as a stick to use and never breaks!!

I dunno about the cool or oozing character parts, but I'll agree with never breaks. I know of more than one in use today!

I've been using Nokia's for years. And was an avid fan until 3 of my Nokia phones (N80, 3210 classic, 3210 Classic internet ed), malfunctioned within months from buying. The old Nokias are awesome and hardy. But now it seems they are delivering poorest quality for the grandest price. Will never buy Nokias.

From my personal experience, I suggest SE phones if you want to go for a mid range handset.

But if you want a smart phone, go for an Android phone. I've got a HTC Google N1 and love it! Delivers better user experience than an Apple 3GS for half the price.

Here are the specs for N1

HTC Google N1 Spec

Google N1 Review at GSM Arena

Edited by isam

Totally agree about Nokia phones durability. I’ve been using my N80 over 3 years (which had the latest features at the time when I brought it around 2007 Jan) and I only had to replaced the housing once :D

Back to the main post:

Since coolest will be defined by our own point of view it’s hard to tell which phone is the coolest. But I think following are the features what we normally look in a phone right?

It has to be un-common, good battery life (talk time/sand by time) having latest features with lots of application and a nice design.

Since I’m also looking for a new phone I did some research on the net and following are the phones that caught my eyes. They all have multi-touch, so having capacitive touch screen.

Samsung I9000 Galaxy S (Available after Aug 2010)

Key features:

4” Super Amoled Display (best screen available at the moment)

Android 2.1 OS (which is very popular because its open source and has lots of free apps)

Swype input

5 MP cam with 720p HD video (but no flash)

Nokia N8 (Available after Aug 2010)

Key features:

3.5” Amoled Display

Symbian 3^ OS (latest symbian OS and its open source so will have lots of applications)

12 MP cam with Xenon flash and 720p HD video (ignore MP it’s just make the pic bigger not quality, but this is really good camera because Carl Zeiss optics are the best)

HTC Desire (available now)

Key features:

3.7” Amoled Display

Android 2.1 OS

5 MP cam with LED flash

If you’re an apple fan maybe wait till they release their 4G phone.

As for me, I can’t decide between Samsung Galaxy S and Nokia N8 at the moment. I think I will probably go for the Nokia N8 because they have better support, durability and the design is very un-common.

So in my opinion Nokia N8 is a cool phone. Sorry about the long post, had to explain why it’s cool :D

Edited by zerocool

i'll go for the iphone 3GS solid build alot of fun stuff .. camera is not that good at night but then there's sufficient light around its very good and you can use it as a ipod too great sound if you have an i pod dock for your car stereo or at home you will never run out of quality music in those long drives or when your chilling at home... google maps are good to find locations and SAT NAv softwares can be installed and routes can be downloaded .... there are weather updates in it as wel as stock market info so its al-around phone ... expect for the price a unlocked version costing just close to 100K SLR ... its a lot of money to waste on a tech gizmo ... but if your willing to buy it it will serve alot of day to day needs ... so as far as i can think i have found my perfect phone though apple needs to develop a bit on the camera. (bad part is sometimes the touch screen stops working and it can really piss you off need to clean the face of the screen a bit so it can regain the sensitivity and its hard to SMS when your driving not like the other phones ... / and the repair charges and spare parts are very high .. battery or the screen repairs will kill you its better to buy a new phone rather than repair an iphone )

i was a nokia fan al my life but i guess still nokia or any other brand is ages away when it comes to apple ... the screen is huge and the phone it self is gorgeous ...

I'd go for the sony ericsson xperia x10...having owned it's predecessor, the x1 which was uber cool i'm saving up for this currently.

but by far the phone that got a lot of attention ,specially from the ladies was my old motorola a1200...I still use it for special occasions and stuff,it's functions might be outdated but it looks supercool,love it!

Edited by MasterDon

HTC EVO™ 4G Fact Sheet

The ultimate multimedia experience at Sprint 4G speeds

HTC-EVO-4G-Fact-SheetThe world’s first 3G/4G Android handset, exclusively from Sprint, HTC EVO™ 4G, offers a rich mobile Internet experience with a fully integrated suite of services built on the AndroidTM 2.1 platform. HTC EVO 4G includes a blazing-fast 1GHz Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ processor, the award-winning HTC SenseTM user experience, an 8.0 megapixel auto-focus camera with HD-capable video camcorder and a forward-facing 1.3 megapixel camera. The large vibrant 4.3 inch display, built-in kickstand, 3.5 mm headset jack and HDMI output make HTC EVO 4G an unparalleled platform for wireless entertainment. Download music, pictures, files, or videos in seconds – not minutes – and watch streaming video on the go on a network with download speeds that are up to 10 times faster than 3G speeds.1 With built-in mobile hotspot functionality, HTC EVO 4G also allows up to eight Wi-Fi-enabled devices, including laptop, camera, music player, video player and any other Wi-Fi-enabled device, to enjoy the benefits of 4G speeds on the go.

PRODUCTIVITY

* 3G/4G capability

* Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ QSD8650 (1GHz) processor

* 4.3” capacitive display with pinch-to-zoom and tactile feedback

* World-class HTML browser – bandwidth and quality that rival that of netbooks

* Android 2.1, with access to more than 30,000 apps on Android Market

* GoogleTM mobile services including Google SearchTM, Google MapsTM, Google TalkTM, GmailTM, YouTubeTM , and syncs with Google CalendarTM

* Access to Google Goggles™ to search with pictures instead of words

* Sprint Navigation, with turn-by-turn driving directions and 3D maps

* Updated HTC Sense, award-winning user experience, which includes Friend Stream to integrate Facebook, Twitter and more into a single flow of updates

* Visual voicemail

* Messaging – personal and business email, IM and text messaging

* 3G/4G Mobile Hotspot capability – connects up to eight Wi-Fi enabled devices

* 4G data speeds (WiMAX) – peak download speeds of more than 10 Mbps; peak upload speeds of 1 Mbps; average download speeds of 3-6 Mbps.

* 3G data speeds (EVDO Rev A.) – peak download speeds of up to 3.1 Mbps; peak upload speeds of 1.8 Mbps; average download speeds of 600 kbps-1.4 Mbps.

ENTERTAINMENT

* 8MP autofocus camera with dual LED flash and 1.3MP front-facing camera

* High-quality video streaming and downloads at 3G and 4G data speeds

* Capture and share HD-quality video (720p) from your phone

* Output pictures, slides and videos in HD quality (720p) via HDMI cable (sold separately)

* Live video sharing with Qik

* Built-in kickstand for hands-free viewing

* Media player with 3.5mm stereo headset jack

* FM radio and Amazon MP3 store

* Sprint applications including Sprint TV® and NASCAR Sprint Cup Mobile(SM)

* Bluetooth® 2.1 with A2DP Stereo and EDR

* Built-in WiFi®: 802.11 b/g

* Digital compass, G-Sensor, proximity sensor, light sensor, GPS

* Expandable memory: 8GB microSD card included; supports up to 32GB

SPECIFICATIONS:

* Dimensions: 4.8″ x 2.6″ x .5″ (LxWxT)

* Weight: 6 ounces

* Main display: 4.3” WVGA (800×480) 65K colors

* Standard removable 1500mAh Lithium (Li-on) battery

* Memory: 1GB ROM, 512MB RAM

1 “Up to 10x faster” based on download speed comparison of 3G’s 600 kbps vs. 4G’s 6 Mbps. Industry published 3G avg. speeds (600 kbps-1.7 Mbps); 4G avg. speeds (3-6 Mbps). Actual speeds may vary. Sprint 4G currently available in over 25 markets and counting, and on select devices. See www.sprint.com/4G for details. Not all services available on 4G and coverage may default to 3G/separate network where 4G unavailable.

Note: Device features, specifications, services and applications are subject to change.

http://phandroid.com/2010/03/23/htc-evo-4g...shed-by-sprint/

Anybody remember the good old 3310 & 3315? At one time, those were the most popular models in SL. Pretty hardy & reliable phones too.

Those were harder than bricks... Still there are lots of ppl using these almost more than 6-8 years old...

Well in my point of view im not gonna buy a phone costs more than 50k..

Below are my favoriets..

Nokia E55..

Samsung F480..

Blackberry Strome..

SE Xpiera X10 mini.. Loves the looks of this phone n waiting it to arrive here, its there in pettha market but not gonna take any risk buyng it from there..

As for me, I can’t decide between Samsung Galaxy S and Nokia N8 at the moment. I think I will probably go for the Nokia N8 because they have better support, durability and the design is very un-common.

So in my opinion Nokia N8 is a cool phone. Sorry about the long post, had to explain why it’s cool :D

If your willing to wait till Aug, you'll have a few more choices, so you can revisit that :) The Evo 4G was in stores yesterday, and you might even have the Nexus 2 or Droid 2 by then.

It has to be un-common, good battery life (talk time/sand by time) having latest features with lots of application and a nice design.

I'd forget the battery thing if I was you. Smart phones use batteries at a helluva rate. The best I've gone is 3 days with light wifi work and a few calls. Specially if you use GPS and 3G, forget it. You'll need to charge at least once a day. make sure you pick a phone with a USB charging facility and get a car charger.

camera is not that good at night but then there's sufficient light around its very good and you can use it as a ipod too great sound if you have an i pod dock for your car stereo or at home you will never run out of quality music in those long drives or when your chilling at home... google maps are good to find locations and SAT NAv softwares can be installed and routes can be downloaded .... there are weather updates in it as wel as stock market info so its al-around phone ... expect for the price a unlocked version costing just close to 100K SLR ...

If thats the feature set you want, there are a lot of phones that'll do all that for cheaper. Including mine, which cost me just over 40k in Singapore. And has a full 5 row hardware QWERTY keyboard.

BTW, Android is the Google OS, so Google stuff like Maps is native on the Android phones.

Edited by Pericles

What will be the price of this machan? i think it ll cost more than 100,000/=? :alc:

$199 with a 2 year contract from Sprint ;)

It was launched yesterday thru the carriers. I heard its available at stores without contracts too, but no pricing

Anyway, no need to rush for that. 4G tech hasn't hit SL yet. Thats why the Sprint offer is getting the coverage, they have already started rolling out there 4G network. I doubt the non-contract phones will be hugely successful just yet, you can't use the headline feature with other carriers, so might as well get it from Sprint. Only issue is getting locked into contract for 2 years.

Edited by Pericles

I'd go for the sony ericsson xperia x10...having owned it's predecessor, the x1 which was uber cool i'm saving up for this currently.

but by far the phone that got a lot of attention ,specially from the ladies was my old motorola a1200...I still use it for special occasions and stuff,it's functions might be outdated but it looks supercool,love it!

I was looking at the Xperia X10 too, i really liked the design but now it's features are a bit outdated. No multi-touch, no Amoled screen and 16M colours, even though it has a good processor the OS is bit slow.

If your willing to wait till Aug, you'll have a few more choices, so you can revisit that :) The Evo 4G was in stores yesterday, and you might even have the Nexus 2 or Droid 2 by then.

I'd forget the battery thing if I was you. Smart phones use batteries at a helluva rate. The best I've gone is 3 days with light wifi work and a few calls. Specially if you use GPS and 3G, forget it. You'll need to charge at least once a day. make sure you pick a phone with a USB charging facility and get a car charger.

Evo 4G is a no go for me because it wont fit in my pocket and it has only 65K colours with a TFT screen?. I'm looking for a phone with at least an Amoled screen if not Super Amoled.

As for the battery life 3 days is totally fine with me.

Edited by zerocool

Evo 4G is a no go for me because it wont fit in my pocket and it has only 65K colours with a TFT screen?. I'm looking for a phone with at least an Amoled screen if not Super Amoled.

As for the battery life 3 days is totally fine with me.

My Best is 3 days, not my usual :) Generally have to charge every day if you use it significantly.

:jumping-smiley-013: isnt tht price too high for an mobile phone?

Well, 4.3 in screen and 1Ghz processor, its practically a Tablet. And its the only one with 4G.

I was looking at the Xperia X10 too, i really liked the design but now it's features are a bit outdated. No multi-touch, no Amoled screen and 16M colours, even though it has a good processor the OS is bit slow.

zero check out new Xperia X10 mini...

Its packed with most of the features, the best part is light weight n compact design...

URL=http://img97.imageshack.us/i/sonyxperiax10mini1.jpg/]sonyxperiax10mini1.jpg[/url]

Edited by outlander