• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Local Mustang Conversion

KLM

http://eleanor.portal5ive.com/page/7/

Check this out. This guy is turning his old Toyota Corolla into a 1967 Shelby GT500E. Big up to him.

Heh heh... as i said before on an earlier thread that happens to be my Favourite American Muscle car!!! The infamous Shelby 67' GT-500..!!!! Woweeeee....hope this guy succeeds with what he is doing...will be nice to see what he achieves when it is finished....

Heh heh... as i said before on an earlier thread that happens to be my Favourite American Muscle car!!! The infamous Shelby 67' GT-500..!!!! Woweeeee....hope this guy succeeds with what he is doing...will be nice to see what he achieves when it is finished....

real cool project to start on.. though i'm curious to se ehow he succeeds in getting the rear end to look like the Shelby..

and this "Elenor' name.. has it got something to do with the fact that this's the car in Gone in 60 secs?

;)

real cool project to start on.. though i'm curious to se ehow he succeeds in getting the rear end to look like the Shelby..

and this "Elenor' name.. has it got something to do with the fact that this's the car in Gone in 60 secs?

;)

LoL...i wouldnt be suprised if it was... "Eleanor" is now bloody well known to be a refference to the GT-500...mainly i think because of 'Gone in 60 seconds"....

• 1 month later...

wow..

the font nose section has been done in metal... not fiber.. might be a little too heavy and will need a bigger engine (like someone had said on that page).. but even 2 might not make it extra special.. maybe a 2.5 or 3.0 with turbo...the owner probably isnt going to use this for this daily ride, so a little more fuel consumption on the joy rides is acceptable right :D

wow..

the font nose section has been done in metal... not fiber.. might be a little too heavy and will need a bigger engine (like someone had said on that page).. but even 2 might not make it extra special.. maybe a 2.5 or 3.0 with turbo...the owner probably isnt going to use this for this daily ride, so a little more fuel consumption on the joy rides is acceptable right :D

He has already got a 2.3ltr V6

i like his writing skills. pretty interesting words. :D

for example this

" My alloys are f**ked so got dem painted blue… i knw i knw it doesnt make sence but i like dat blue …actually now da car looks bettter… never be afraid to try out new things.. coz when things go right in da process they

really look great! "

I found a post on his site that said something about the car having a 1200 cc 4 pot engine, and that it was rear wheel drive...were those old corollas really RWD?? damn, that would've kicked ass! I know the corolla hatchbacks from the 80s in the US were RWD and are huge in the drift scene these days, but didn't know all those old corollas around SL were RWD (if they actually are)..

I found a post on his site that said something about the car having a 1200 cc 4 pot engine, and that it was rear wheel drive...were those old corollas really RWD?? damn, that would've kicked ass! I know the corolla hatchbacks from the 80s in the US were RWD and are huge in the drift scene these days, but didn't know all those old corollas around SL were RWD (if they actually are)..

not too sure abt the corollas but the old lancers were RWD too

Yep.. That car really is RWD.. Infact most of da Japanese cars that came out in that era were RWD.. Da Nissan Sunny b-11, Mazda Familia, etc.. Not too sure about da Lancer though.. If u see one on the road, jus bend down from da behind of the car and see.. U`ll be able to see the differencial clearly..

Think da japanese were not really on to CV joints and FWD those days... :jumping-smiley-013: And specially that was an era where there was a huge dislike for FWD cars in the local market, bcoz of da CV joint in FWD cars ..

Yep.. That car really is RWD.. Infact most of da Japanese cars that came out in that era were RWD.. Da Nissan Sunny b-11, Mazda Familia, etc.. Not too sure about da Lancer though.. If u see one on the road, jus bend down from da behind of the car and see.. U`ll be able to see the differencial clearly..

Think da japanese were not really on to CV joints and FWD those days... :D And specially that was an era where there was a huge dislike for FWD cars in the local market, bcoz of da CV joint in FWD cars ..

I think another RWD phase is starting to come in. Cars are getting insanely powerful, and lots of enthusiasts don't like the idea of the front wheels doing the steering and the power delivery..takes a lot away from the steering feel too. RWDs can be so much more rewarding to drive anyway! I vote that the japs start making a serious shift to RWD again to compete with all those europeans.

I think another RWD phase is starting to come in. Cars are getting insanely powerful, and lots of enthusiasts don't like the idea of the front wheels doing the steering and the power delivery..takes a lot away from the steering feel too. RWDs can be so much more rewarding to drive anyway! I vote that the japs start making a serious shift to RWD again to compete with all those europeans.

The GTR will answer ur call :D

Firm RWD fan anyway. Which is why the Z makes it above the GT-R in my fan list. But looks like there is potential for that to change.

• 2 weeks later...

Gotta big laugh outta this entry ...

all my friends say dat my car got a muscle beat to it although it aint a v8… well sometin went right and my beat is very unique and im proud abt it… not like these new age honda civics with da rattlin sound of da beat barrel hittin da flowboard with da amount of vibration genetated.. mine is more …hmm ok not as base as a subaru and not as squeeky as a civic either… its music to ur ears…

Ooops Peri. I think your in a bit of trouble for plagiarism.. check out this:

Nope. I already told thats where I got it from some time ago when someone asked. I think it was a complaint that mine, madmax's and GihanFXs pics looked alike. Wasn't something I came up with :blink: