• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. matroska

Toyota Gorilla....:)

and ads on facebook riyapola 😁
  3. I know one such family. They have met in a middle-east country and father from Nepal. I am not aware where they have registered the marriage. When I getting to know him, his son was in preschool and now in grade 5. So almost 10 years. Still he is renewing his visa annually. Once he said the authorities not giving any chance even after having 2 kids.
  4. Thanks Praveen. As far as advantages the product claims it will reduce friction & wear thus helping for a smoother engine performance. In my car, yes it had made a positive feedback & am satisfied with my investment. I might not need to be using any oil additives for another year or so ( you may read abt ceratec on their website as well as its review).
  5. kusumsiri

Seems you are reading more adds on that quick site everyday.
  6. tilvin

Thanks guys. I called the mech and asked. He seems referring Corolla 121...😆. I couldn't control my self and started to laugh when he was again and again telling corolla as gorilla....😆
  7. Has anyone CRV owners faced the AVU flicker and blackout issue? Sometimes the brightness adjustments slider pops up randomly and the display blackouts. However audio continues unaffected. Restarting the vehicle temporary solves the problem. What I want to know is whether someone had the issue and knows the fix. This seems to have occurred in the US too.
  8. matroska

Toyota Gorilla Ashkio 141 japan modal (not thaiwan) ,Bajj intariyal ,winkel miraar, pul opshan, baket shit, lady doktar owning, ganuin milaj 69,000 km. Hand 10,00,000 /- pinans 53,000 *48, Susuki avery badi van sexchange conisadared.
  9. Crosswind

It's called Gorilla 141
  10. I heard that foreign spouses of Sri Lankans have to renew their spouse visa every 2 years until they die(Even if they are 100 years old, and need a recommendation letter from SL spouse or Child) By the way do you personally know anyone who is ex-Sri lankan or a foreigner married to a Sri Lankan facing difficulties from SL Immigration formalities point of view?
  11. tilvin

Friends, one of my colleagues is searching a Toyota sedan. He was new to vehicles and he was respecting one mechanic known to him. That mech fellow told our guy that "Toyota Gorilla" is a good car and find one.....:). He is now chasing after me to find that.....:). Is there anything such Toyota Gorilla released around 2006 ~ 2009? Don't know whether these guys referring to Corolla or something.....:)
  12. whmsujith

Rear Wiper not working

Hi Guys, My Premio's rear wiper stopped mid way in cycle and now it is not working at all. Can anybody help me regarding this? Thanks
  13. RWD

2017 Civic Air Conditioning

Yes 0 mileage and no signs the car was involved any crashes or anything. I find it hard to believe there was debris damage locally. I did a couple of expressway runs but the car is primarily driven in bumper to bumper Colombo traffic and its not like we hit very high speeds in Sri Lanka. I too drive like a grandma and never exceed the speed limit. I have escalated it to my importer but it came with a limited warranty so I have my doubts they will assist. But there is no way a condenser should pack up so early. The AC repair guys said a whole bunch of Civics have come in recently for the same problems so it sounds like a QC issue.
  14. matroska

Did you buy the car at 0 mileage? if not would it be possible that the car was damaged upon import or is it as you mentioned due to debris damage while driving locally?
  15. Sampath Gunasekera

thunderstorms has stopped my vehicle...

Remember that old thread. http://autolanka.com/forums/topic/17748-struck-by-lightning/
  16. Yesterday
  17. RWD

Japanese Car News

Well to be fair the 4GR V6 and that aisin (of my memory serves me right) gearbox was way ahead of its time for a Japanese car launched in 2005. The S package even came with electric dampers and some specs came with auto park. So it was a very sophisticated proposition at the time considering that it wasnt really a part of its luxo barge lineup. Agreed it now looks dated with all the Dct gearboxes and the small capacity turbos, hybrids and electrics but you are right - I was waiting to see if they would drop in the same engine that was used in the IS200T in the newer Mark X's. That may have given it a fresh lease of life. Can't beat the responsiveness of that V6 though! What a motor.
  18. nisansala

suzuki every da17v
  19. iRage

Japanese Car News

I had a 2007 silver 250G F package with a basic TRD body kit...yes..loved the thing....sold it last year because no one was using it and house did not have enough parking space. Heard a few months later that the car was taken to a maka-baas who messed up the engine. Well....No...it was not "long-time-coming". More or less likeToyota was long-time taking it there and then saying öops..look what happened !!???". The 130 series in my view is a complete con. It carries the same GR series engines and gearboxes from the 120 series...thus the GRX130 in fact is currently running on 15 year old tech with nothing but a new body stuck to it. Why is it on 15 year old tech..well Toyota's lack of interest ? The Mark X shared the drive and power trains with the Crown and Lexus IS. The Crown and the Lexus both got updated engines including a Hybrid variant a long time ago whilst the Mark X which underwent a model change the same time was still stuck with the old 2GR and 4GR engines and old suspension and gearbox. Toyota could have easily adopted these to the new Mark X but they didn't. So it is no surprise that with the Camry going Hybrid people slowly switched to that instead of the Mark X and those who had a little bit more money went for the Crown and Lexus. In fact until the Camry Hybrid was launched the Mark X was one of Toyota's best selling sedans and you could see it all over the place (just like you can see Allions and Premios all over Sri Lanka).
  20. iRage

Budget 2019

well..now you are just being blindly pessimistic and saying negative things for the sake of saying things....the partnerships were never about directly copying everything from each other....there were about tech knowledge transfer. So NO....it is rather blind to say that the partnerships never worked. When you transfer technology know how...the intent is to learn from each other for our own thing rather than taking the other person's work.Toyota was working on the downsized Turbo engines and BMW was working on Hybrids well before the BMW-Toyota partnership....but what Toyota learnt from BMW did transfer in to improving their engines and what BMW learnt from Toyota would reflect in their Hybrid systems (this does not mean a direct copy). Same goes with Subaru. Mazda and Toyota worked on integrated platform strategies together...that does not mean that the TNGA-C platform is the mid size SkyActive platform with a different name. Also, you cannot say that BMW gave much more than Toyota did...in fact there is speculation that the new Supra has an exact copy of the BMW engine dropped in to it because the production process was not to be replicated and also there is the fact that BMW did not let Toyota change the engine to suit the slightly different layout of the Supra Toyota wanted. The only time the system looks exactly the same is in the case of the Axela were Mazda was never interested in developing a Hybrid system and they have claimed that over and over again....their only interest in Hybrids were just as a stop-gap until they could develop engines like the SA-X. Would be interesting to see what the next step is as the world moves away from gasoline. With PSA they never went with Hybrids because it was not feasible for them considering the market.
  21. Any 660cc engine in their latest form is sufficient to cover most hills in Sri Lanka as long as there is tarmac and the load capacity is retained. The case with the wagon r is that the adjuster is exposed to the elements in the wagon r whereas the other models that carry this engine have the isg tensioner covered up, of course the materials maybe subpar. another thing I have seen is most isg powered vehicles are driven like pigs in very high revs, whereas they were designed to be driven low rev and economically as per cvt setup and most economically but well maintained, fellas here thrash them like haice (dolphin) vans of yester year and use cheap parts, after ignorantly buying a car just for the sake, it would not be fair to blame the retailer unless he purposely cheated somewhere. One must do at least a mild form of research before buying a vehicle, at least ask about or take a mechanic like the good old days. No point blaming the seller the company or the country of origin after buying a problematic car by your own sane decision. And cars aren’t cheap here, it’s a lot of hard earned money or yet to earn money via a lease
  22. This is my personal view about this issue. This 658 cc engine is not enough to battle with the mountain roads and to win the hilly road, the alternator assist to add more power to the engine . when add more power to crank shaft pulley from the alternator, the belt and tensioners runs with load and this may be the reason for the tensioners less life time. Also these parts may not pure japanese(not made in Japan) as many factories in China, India, Korea, Thailand , phillipines made many spare parts for most models in Japan as well as European cars and these parts may bring the troubles . We cannot say these factories follow all the standards in production or may be production faults. . Now many vehicles import to Srilanka(Specially Japan domestic models) bring many issues . In Japan they use maximum 2 years and during their usage they do not any as mother company has some what warranty for their cars, But after complete 2 years , The companies do auction for these used vehicles and they resell to countries like SriLanka . Now most people loses their confidence about Japanese vehicles too ,The car sales owners too only sell the vehicle and after that forget the customer or many fairy tales or some. At the end the customer helpless and cannot drive with confidence.
  23. RWD

Chiming in here the AC in my 2018 Civic Hatch stopped cooling as well. Turned out the condenser had massive leaks in multiple places. Car had only done 5000 Kms. Got a new condenser and had to refill R1234yf gas. Total cost 130K!! Seems to be an inherent problem with inferior materials used on the condenser. A quick search says that this is a common issue. Also as the car is low to the ground and has a front grille that has large openings the condenser can be prone to debris damage. May be worthwhile for anyone buying a new civic to get this checked out before taking delivery from your importer.
  24. kush

Similar issue happened to my BILs vehicle some years back (Vitz) Similar symptoms everything else worked locks, dash board indicators, radio but the car wouldn't start. Following day battery was dead. Had to carry the car for car to repair and the diagnostics did not work either as the ECU was fried. He had to replace ECU, alternator, a/c pump, power steering and numerous sensors. Fortunately his insurance covered the cost under natural disaster damages.
  25. K.o.N.o.S

Insurance

Thanks for the update..👍👍
  26. DMPer

Need Advice on 2019 Peugeot 5008

Hopefully so. [emoji52] Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  1. Load more activity