• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. @fiat fan can you DM me the ID info ? I will try to see if I can get it checked out at a dealer. Is this a P25V or P25W ? The DX-DT didn't come in P25W <I am only 80% certain on that though> Yeah...everyone I know who has these things have been complaining about the whole bull-bar issue. Yes those additions can be included in the CR by showing that it is an original piece of equipment the car came with (helps if you had order sheets when new and catalogs, etc...). However, in most countries, it doesn't matter whether it is original equipment or not. If it doesn't meet new road regulations it needs to be taken off. In SL these things are never clear. So...trying to get it included in the CR can go either way for you.
  3. Yesterday
  4. Soo… The cops hate the van! Pulled over twice for the crash-bar. Managed to talk it out. funny story- popo - mahattaya japane minissu gana hithan nathi unata Lankawe api hithanawa. me- Ayo like wtf? Really?! Was also spearing BS like these are delivery vans and why You got tires so big etc etc. saying this is the P25 with the 4WD and not the base PO5 went unnoticed. Colombo and big city cops dont seem to care. The gama fellas do. They were ready to accept favors too 😉 which I said no to. Apparently RMV can include the crash-bar into the CR, but no-one has a clear answer. Money would help I’m told. Worse case I’ll take it off I guess. One cop said fiber is ok, but another said no. On a Positive note- Got these bad boys for the stereo upgrade. So this one is confusing, the chassis decoders say this is a DX DT (Pictured Above) which is highly likely as specs seem to match minus sunroof which might have been removed(traces visible) But some decoders say this is a GL/GLX. Can our JDM gurus point me to a correct decoder please? Also this is the color it came with from Japan according to the vin tag. Very fresh imo. Well Good Night AL.
  5. You should get the old-school Japanese decals that have totally random words put together You know...the ones that don't mean anything but in a strange way says something. 👍
  6. Thanks bro. I find those guys hilarious. People have a real number plate fetish. Yahoo Auctions are on my mind. But these vans have a whole lot of spares in the country, specially Kandy and Mawanella areas where I am. Prices are competitive tbh. Noted on the OG rims Steelies are a good option,but they don’t work well with smaller tires I plan on getting- (215/70R15) I’m also little inclined towards these tbh. Hello fellow Kandyan! Will sure do 😊 Well that's a coincidence because the spare wheel is the GLX wheel but fully chrome. lol I like holes can’t lie 🤪 Thanks bro. The forums are very dull indeed. You seem to have a very creative mind! Should have pursued it further.I can just picture that nerdy girl with horn rimmed glass who turns to be baad 😉 These vans were iconic back then, the yeehaw fellas seem to be into the most. Cheaper there too weirdly. Thats the thing about this van, it was meant to be kinda flashy. They like being decorated. But I also want to keep it clean as much as I can. Thanks bro. Taken into consideration Would really appreciate it you could upload them when possible!
  7. From the net. I am in SL and the catalogs are in JPN. So don't have access to it 😕
  8. Compared to the Civics and the Corolla's in the same age, the above mentioned cars are more reasonably priced. For some reason Lancers are not being sold too much these days but you will be able to get the same aged Sunny (B15/N16) or a Famila/323 for much much less than the ES or the 121. These are not bad cars at all.
  9. Well...the Civic of the time had the typical Honda issues typical for that time. So yes...it would have had little problems like electrical niggles, etc... people say go for the 2004 because in September 2003 the ES got a facelift. Typically, when a facelift happens, manufacturers also do technical upgrades (this is why when c completely new-platform based car is released one should wait a bit before jumping in and buying one). So Honda would have updated some of the car's original design and resolved some issues in the process. As for the CVT (i.e. HMMS) concerns...there are two sides to its truth. On one hand this is the first time the CVT was introduced in the Civic and has Honda's early designs of a CVT transmission. So, the CVTs in Hondas of the period were not as robust or as nice as the current-day ones (the same can be said of all the other manufacturers). Secondly, people were new to CVTs, so people used them like traditional ATs and messed them up through really bad maintenance. The pre-facelift, i.e., the ones you are looking at, had the 1.5L variant, which came with the 5MT, 4AT, and CVT options, while the 1.7 came in 5MT and CVT variants. With the facelift (2004 September onwards), they dropped the 1.5L CVT variant. Personally, I felt that the CVT and the 1.5L engine were not a good match. The car was droney and a bit elastic when accelerating compared to the 5MT and the 4AT, so it was a good move to drop it. Now....compared to the Corolla 121 the Civic ES. You probably cant find two more different cars within the same segment. The Civic is a far nicer car to drive. It even feels more refined. However, there are some people who would not like the ES' sportier ride feel and prefer the cloudy numbness of the 121. With the 121, it was a no-nonsense A to B car. 99% of the cars found in SL are the standard boring models (i.e. 1.5L or 1.3L econo boxes). To make things worse, owners over the years have done all kinds of "upgrades" just to try to up-sell their cars. So, you will find a low-trim model (i.e. X) that has been fitted with parts/accessories locally to look like a high-trim (i.e. G grade or Limited Edition) model. So, you cannot trust 99% of the cars to be genuine. Also, since most of these were bought at some point in their life by cheap owners looking for a cheap ride, they have not had proper maintenance (service or repairs). You might have a better chance of finding an honest and cleaner ES. Civics are popular with ricers and wanna-be racers trying to live out their Fast the Furious fantasies. But most ESs seem to have managed to escape from these types of owners. You might want to look into the other Japanese options in this segment as well. Namely the Sunny, Lancer and Familia/323 (and Axela/3).
  10. Last week
  11. There's a fact that it's better to avoid civic 2001, 2002, 2003 manufactured cars (specially CVT) and go for 2004, 2005 due to transmission and some sporadic electrical issues. I just wanted to know the reality of this fact. Since I am currently looking to buy a car Ek or Es or 121. Please advice..
  12. Congratulations on your ride.Factory spec wheels seem to match it better than the others imo
  13. Alright then : ) This one's arguably somewhat similar in a few aspects, to one of the cars which appeared on this thread just a while ago.
  14. After many months in the doldrums there's something to buzz about in these forums!!! Now that my good sir is a surprise and a really good one at that! Congratulations! To add a totally irrelevant bit of information : After O/L's I aspired to become a sci-fi writer and somewhere gathering dust in a cupboard is a half-written story of a scientist who drove a two-tone version of this (and that was supposed to have steel wheels ) I can hear the diesel motor rumbling and can smell the fumes! I can now remember what the scientist's pretty daughter who was a result of a genetic experiment was supposed to looked like! These will add to the overall bad-assery Very valid point - but for some reason this van is the type that deserves to look a bit busy. btw @iRage - the brochure you posted - a scan from your collection or one you found on the net?
  15. Both of you are correct gentlemen. B is a Daewoo Nubira - pic taken off a classified. A is indeed a Quattroporte - I'm not sure if the particular version is available in SL - but a newer generation is. Since it's 50-50 who'd like to take the next turn? @Gummybr @Duan27
  16. NGL...I am a simpleton and like simple things. Therefore I liked the base wheels in the GLX the most It also came in polished silver/light-gray. But of the two I do prefer the original one. The Pajero one seems a bit too busy with all those holes
  17. Sadly you are not going to find parts for this that easily. The car was not that popular in SL so you are not going to find any abandoned cars to be used as donors. On top of that, any and all cars that were in Japan are now not there anymore as they would have been exported or rusted to the ground. So cars that can be stripped for parts are quite rare. Nearly a decade and a half in Japan I haven't seen more than one or two of these Integras.
  18. Is A a Maserati Quattroporte?
  19. Pic B is a Daewoo Nubira. Pic A still not very sure
  20. Hi thanks for the response. Even I don't like to use LEDs and my preference is also to restore this car to it's former glory. In Sri Lanka I didn't find a single piece of lights or garnish. Even in eBay I found some, but since most of them are USDM, some interior parts doesn't match due to left hand drive. I ordered some OEM lights from eBay and waiting for them to come. If you have any place recommendations I would really appreciate where I can find a rear garnish.
  21. Thanks for the free lesson 😅 The confusion was largely because of the incorrect understanding that the strut was partly held in place by the support piece, which is why I expected it to be flush with the body of the vehicle... The other reason is that nobody actually seem to know the correct terminology for all these parts; not the mechanics, sellers, google... And I seriously think that using the correct official Toyota designated terminology rather than what the locals are used to, will probably do more harm than good... like "socket sober" 😅
  22. Okay...so a physics lesson. If you take two objects and tighten them together, the sway/movement of one object will be fully transferred on to the second object by the joint. Depending on the two objects and the amount of sway, this will cause fatigue at the joint and eventually break. So...sometimes you do need to have a bit of play when connecting two items together. E.g. train carriages, ceiling fans and the ceiling. Even plane wings are meant to wabble like that for the same reason. Depending on the type of suspension, the top mount will differ. With some types (think of 3 bolt type top mounts with a mounting faceplate) this "gap" may or may not be visible. Your Yaris has a single bolt top mount. It is mounted by sandwiching the two support plates against the mount (there are pros and cons for this type of mount. This type of top of the mount in its normalcy is not that known for its heavy-duty usability. So typically found in hatchbacks and such. The setup loses a bit of directness when steering hard because there is too much flex. Cars like the GR Yaris also has the similar setup but with a lot of reinforcement. Whilst that has made it stronger there is a slight lack in directness in movement even then, which is why the facelift went with a 3 bolt setup.). Yes...over time the gap may appear to increase as the bottom bushings perching up the components wear out. Sometimes, after replacement, the gap may seem larger than what the original was because the components are new, so the gapping is different, or the parts used are compatible parts but not the exact part with the exact specs the car came with out of the factory. There is nothing wrong with this as long as there is no significant play when you turn the steering or the suspension moves up and down that the strut looks like it is going to get dislodged.
  23. I'd vote for these, I'm based in Kandy and building a tiny 4x4 myself. Happy to help if needed!
  24. She's looking gorgeous. you cant remove the Sri Lankan Mindset, just ignore them. most of the folks thinks that when it comes to replacing parts that's the end of the vehicle and you need to replace the vehicle immediately. Restorations and rebuilds are not in their books.. on Wheels, Factory Spec wheels would be fine i guess.. if you can source bits and pieces from yahoo auctions that would be cheaper.. well that's my go to place for hard to find trim pieces, tail lamps and headlamps etc. quite resourceful i would say.
  1. Load more activity

AutoLanka Cars For Sale

Post Your Ad Free [Click Here]