• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Today
  3. Hi Guys, I'm new to this forum and need your reviews on Mazda 6 , 2016 model. Is it really a good car. How about the maintenance cost in case of a second hand. Regards
  4. NPP

A vehicle loan of 4.5 million

Go for a vehicle loan instead of personal loan (lower interest, slightly) If you don't have any other liabilities, it will be possible. As maersk said, bank to which you remit your salary is the best place to ask.
  5. vag2

Budget 2019

. Until recently Toyotas hybrid system was untouchable due to patent protection anyone willing to use it had to pay huge license fees. Then the European and other JOEM successfully developed series hybrids at lower cost(48V), merged with turbocharged gdi downsized engines to achieve similar mileages and more power. In the end Toyota realized that their hybrid technology was becoming a "Galapagos syndrome" (like their mobile phone technology faced distinction against iPhones,android phone) and last month decided to share it (open source) with third party car makers who were willing to use it. So far only one Chinese startup has shown interest, lets see how it competes with the mainstream hybrid technology.
  6. matroska

Daihatsu Terios

Prices of mechanical pars are a bit high as tiv mentioned. and most of the time you have to source from the agent. Front prop shaft would cost you 100K above - the rear almost double that price - the replacement would come around 80-100,000 kms. Even the rear spare wheel cover is expensive. So it would not be a low cost maintenance vehicle. being a 1.5 L engine on a largish car would mean extra strain on the engine hence will do around 8 KMPL. Other than that it's a simple old school car .
  7. mcs627

Budget 2019

Neither. Yours truly enjoys playing the devil's advocate.
  8. iRage

Budget 2019

I don't know if you are being sarcastic or being completely oblivious. 1. Price conscious motoring....does not mean using a tuk tuk or uber....by this statement you are also implying that people in SL buy cars for wanting to be exorbitant. Also...cars like the Axio, Prius are not pricey cars...they are pricey in Sri Lanka because of stupid policies. You seem to be missing that when comparing Mercs and Toyotas.... 2. The ICE Civic is a ICE ! Pure Gasoline engine....why on earth would a sane person compare that with a Hybrid ? It is also obvious that you are oblivious to developments that are happening with model changes. The Civic (which is a pure gasoline only model) went turbo charged with the change of model. The Corolla with the change of model is also going turbocharged with its pure gasoline engines and Hybrid line up will be separate. This seems to be the general strategy for Toyota (and even Nissan and Honda) when and where feasible, some markets will still have the large capacity pure gasoline engine purely for maintainability sake. Most of Toyota's turbo know-how had been improved through the BMW and Subaru partnerships....and the other's Hybrid tech has been improved via Toyota's Hybrid know-how. So it goes both ways (if you had read any of my previous posts you would know that Toyota's HSD patents are free for use) 3. It is not a matter of holding out. Holding out serves no purpose to anyone..including themselves...them holding out and then putting out old technology is not going to make them any more richer. The Japanese have always been conservative when it comes to rolling out automotive tech. They have always been so and always will be. They play a long R&D game along with waiting and watching what happens to others and their tech...The classic statement "The US/West will invent it, Japanese will improve it and Chinese will mass produce it cheaply" still holds.
  9. mcs627

Budget 2019

Agreed. The BMW I8 with a 1.5 L engine ( though it has an unrealistically inflated manufacturer price) defies Toyota logic and proves that hybrid powertains could be mated to a small turbocharged engines with excellent power and fuel efficiency (the 225e is a comparatively cheaper example). It is interesting to note that the 2019 Toyota Supra is a BMW Z4 in a different costume.
  10. tiv

Upgrade to Vitz

True about the passo but they have a rather low demand, The interior feels like a van and even the seating arrangement. Looks also like a cr41 But definitely far more refined, than a vitz where they have been trying to get that Toyota econo sedan feel like axio Corolla and the engine lets all of it down.
  11. tiv

Daihatsu Terios

They do around 8-10 kmpl Maintenance cost is NOT LOW Also I guess you are looking at used ones Either the 2014 lot or the 2007 2008 lot or the early 2000s old shape lot. Most of the above will have high mileage within the country and reasonable repairs. Parts are the bit scarce for the second gen so u have to go to agents at times. So its is not going to be cheap to run or not going to be trouble free. Keep a cash margin for repairs
  12. Is everyone here safe from yesterday's incidents?

1. sathyajithj99
    2. matroska

matroska

yeah - at least i am and i know for a fact asrock and presealover are ok too. 

13. Yesterday
  14. Twin Turbo

Daihatsu Terios

WELCOME TO AL. Congratz on your first car,.. If you want efficiency, get a Mira, but you should get some decent consumption when compared with a regular SUV. Good luck. TT.
  15. vag2

Budget 2019

actually the 2L civic type-R 2015 model engine was developed in Europe with partners like Bosch,Mahle. Honda, in a first for JOEMs (wisely) decided around 2011 to introduce downsized GDI turbocharged technology which was becoming a trend in European hatchbacks(not to be confused with the Mitsubishi GDI systems from the 90s, for bigger engines) The 1L Civics are just a minor variant of the 2L mainstream civics that produce over 300HP. So in fact it IS European tech inside, in addition with VTEC AND VVT. The same technology is used also in many Acura SUVs and sedans in US and China,and has made good profit for Honda. Toyota on the other hand was over confident about their Atkinson cycle bigger PFI engines, which were best for mating with the low torque /high efficient parallel drivetrains.
  16. Renushan

Bump of rear wheels

Thanks all for replying . Also comment about changing suspension (coil spring and shockabsobers ) can fix this.
  17. mcs627

Budget 2019

Point taken. However if one wants price conscious motoring solutions - 50 cc mopeds, tuks and uber are a few options that come to mind 😁 Acually if you think about it the japs don't want to jump 2 steps ahead and give us hybrids with turbocharged engines. They are keeping it for later. Just like the iphone 6s was rolled out. We are getting ripped off.on.a staggered basis. The never-ending upgrade and planned obsolescence cycle. If an ICE Honda Civic could be turbocharged why not a Prius or an Axio Hybrid ???
  18. iRage

Budget 2019

Again...you are missing the point of a Luxury tax versus a Eco-tax. Also, wouldn't you think that these technologies would add to the manufacturing price ? Which goes contrary to what the standard Toyotas and Nissans try to achieve (price conscious motoring solutions) ?
  19. iRage

Bump of rear wheels

No..it is the same as the passenger variant. Difference is rear seats, etc are rather ..well..non existent and the trim and stuff are more cargo friendly. Its just a low cost version. I guess it comes to SL in ship loads because it is cheap.
  20. Isurumj

Daihatsu Terios

I’m gonna buy Daihatsu Terios as my first vehicle. Is it a good fuel consumption vehicle and law cost maintenance vehicle.
  21. matroska

Upgrade to Vitz

Brought down a 2016 F Safety with about 25,000 kms for my uncle before the tax hike for 3.5 ish. Now the tax is higher so a base F probably. This should be about right but mind you the car is a bit underpowered so if you put your foot down to get some speed it might consume more fuel True. You can also consider the Passo cheaper and more bells and whistles.
  22. maersk

A vehicle loan of 4.5 million

If you are regularly remitting your salary from your employment to a bank, they are the best people to ask for a loan. Still it won’t be easy. Good luck! My experience is banks only like your hard earn foreign currency, that’s it.
  23. Udeyrathna

Knock sensor failure

hi tilvin. thank you for your quick response. that gear box problem came after previous oil changing. a machanic observed and fix the problem once but it appears again soon. Also he said that replacing the knock sensor not a solution for the failure because the vibrations of engine had changed due to head gasket replacement. 🙄☹️
  24. tiv

Upgrade to Vitz

You can buy a F grade, 2015 or 2016 Fuel consumption is like 13kmpl , 92oc It's not exactly an upgrade, both are equally underpowered Vitz may look a bit better and be a bit more comfortable The difference is the size and cargo area 2nd row seating is cramped in the vitz in comparision The engine is so noisy u ll go crawling back to the wagon r, and the vibration will make you think it's an 80s townace, I'm sure the highest grade of wagon r will be far more refined than this.
  25. Last week
  26. tilvin

Insurance

My advice - Put to a good local garage who has mechs with heads (Not mouth only....😆) and do the job. If somebody who does not have head in To*ot* La**a do your job what will happen? I have experienced so many times in bigger organizations, there were lot of supervisors and techs who don't have any knowledge of cars. Just big mouth only and some broken English....😆. These guys never talk in Sinhala man....😆
  27. tilvin

Upgrade to Vitz

Depends on several factors.....😆
  28. tilvin

Knock sensor failure

I have 2 solutions for your 2 problems. Solution 1 - Replace the knock sensor Solution 2 - Change the gearbox oil Can you do both solutions and do an ECU rescan / update?
  29. Udeyrathna

Knock sensor failure

hello.. i have corolla ae 110 1998 automatic car. i have two main issues with my car. 1. there is knock sensor failure after replacing the head gasket. is there is an any solution for correct the issue? it is impossible to erase the error. 2. there is a delay to shift the gear when engine is cool. is it possible to correct the issue without going to heavy repairs like replacing the gear box? please help. thank you.
  1. Load more activity