• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Hey All, Been following Autolanka for sometime and finally decided to register in. I recently bought a Mark 2 GX100. (226k Mileage). In great condition, overall. I did replace the rear shocks (new) recently and did a gear box repair with a new clutch plate (new) and all! However, despite all the love I give this car, the fuel consumption is pretty bad. It does a mere 5.2 Per litre.. I always fill up the tank, never let it go below 15 litres.. For a good 55 litres all this does is close to 290.. Is there something I can do to improve this? I am not technically sound, so some of the stuff I read here need to be googled, consider me a dummy! I really love this car. In fact, I've always wanted this and now that I finally have it, I dont want to get rid of it for at least another 2 to 3 years. Please help! Akhila
  3. Today
  4. spectre

Axio - New shocks or 'used' shocks?

+1 for your kind reply. Hope you did the change by a local garage.
  5. aruntantan

@spectre For all Japanese KYB Excel - G shocks. For front 13,000 * 2 + 6000 (worn out rubber parts + bushing + service charges) For Rear 12,000 * 2 + 3000 (bushing + service charges) Total cost around 59k
  6. Its because Sri Lankans have misplaced priorities and subscribe to stupid stories and fairy tales and give more priority to all this crap. Sri Lankans will buy any piece of crap as long as it is a "bargain" and impresses he neighbor's wife and grandmother. Yes..the place you mentioned and/or the manufacturer. When I said verifiable mileage...I meant formal documents that show mileage such as emissions tests or manufacturer agent's records. or records from a extremely reputable/large garage. Service station and your average garage records can be bought for a few hundred Rs. so I hardly tell people to rust them.
  7. I used a 2012 made GP1 from 2015-2018.(personal import) It had done 61,000 KM's .(Bought it at 17,000 km i drove 44,000 KM in 3 years) As far as I remember the oil issue affected a range of cars from 2011-2012 and not 2013. If you buy one try to take a friend along with you who knows cars...look for the basics like signs of accident repair - ugly paint jobs non aligned bonnet etc. If a mileage says 50,000 but if you notice signs of extreme wear and tear in the car - for instance a worn out break pedal that's a give-away. Check for maintenance records - there will be no emission certificates for hybrids. There are quite a few agent maintained ones - it's usually the second-third owners who start taking cars to gaha-yata-service stations. For 4500 the Honda agent gives you a comprehensive hybrid battery check - you can evaluate the battery status from there. Or simply take it to the C#R checks place in Nugegoda. Actually more than the GP1 it was the GP2 Shuttle which was used in taxis/rentals and for tourism. In the pre-wagonR era Uber had only 2 categories uber go and uber X. The GP1 didn't qualify for X but the GP2 did. (maybe there was a minimum luggage space requirement) so most taxi folk didn't want to run the GP1 for Nano/Maruti rates therefore GP1 taxis are not that frequent. Use the hybrid battery and the oil leak issue (even though it's non existent) as barganing points. For the price you pay the GP1 is a really good car. (in the local context of course)
  8. matroska

Toyota CHR tax

Or a Civic- which was the reason behind me buying one
  9. You have a very valid point. Thank you. There are some cars advertised in online sites with 50k-80k mileage for 2013 models (registration around 2015). Most likely the mileage can be true compared to the running years if its a personally used car. I really wish Sri Lankans will become more serious (ethical) regarding the car condition. We have created a chain of deception. We tamper the meter, tell lies to sell our car and then we also get deceived when buying aftermarket cars. By the way, what do you mean by professionally inspected? do you mean putting the car to a "Car check" or use of a mechanic? I am not a tech person, I suck at inspecting cars properly. Used to put the car in to "Car Check". And I do not know any good mechanic around who knows hybrid stuff. 😑
  10. Mileage tampering is unavoidable....so always assume you cannot trust the mileage. Besides...you should never buy a car based on mileage but always on what you have and see at hand (it doesn't matter if the car when imported was auction grade 5 with 1000km or what ever other bs car sellers tell you). Save some money from your budget...Get the car properly and professionally inspected. Once you find a car that is in good structural condition and mechanically sound for its age...when you buy the do some pre-emptive/scheduled maintenance work with the money you saved from your car buying budget.The scheduled maintenance needed can be based on what the vehicle's last proper verifiable mileage is...or talk to a proper automotive engineer and see what blanket services can be done to the car irrespectiive of what the mileage is.
  11. kush

Toyota CHR tax

If you want a vehicle which is taxed less than the cost buy a Audi 1.0L/1.4L or Merc / BMW 1.5L
  12. GP1 were bought for economy (perceived) by people who does high mileage and some of them were used as rentals/ taxis pre Wagon R Finding a one with less than 100k will be a challenge, look for a personal seller with full service record to justify the mileage.
  13. Thank you @matroska for the quick response. ☺️ I am thinking of buying a car. My budget is around 3 million. Looking at the current market trends, it looks like I will have to settle with a GP1. I like the look of the GP5, but they cost above 3.5 mil. Stretching beyond 5 lakhs is out of my capabilities at the moment. Thinking of hunting for a 2013 GP1, possibly registered around 2015. Which would give me a fairly new car clocked around 50k-80k max though they belong to the older generation. I am really worried about meter tampering (very common in Sri Lanka). I have very bad previous experience regarding tampered meters in previously owned cars. 😞
  14. this is GP1 : manuf from : 2010-2013most of these came to SL in 2011-2013 so the numbers would be KW etc... some CA# plates. This is GP5: First started coming here around 2013 . Apart from the few with KY ish plates most would have CA# plates. all these hybrids stopped coming to the island when the engine capacity based tax system came to effect ~2016
  15. Whoa. Thats a lot of information. Thank you very much @kush @leyland @alpha17 @Randeewa @matroska & @iRage for enlightening me in this regard. I actually thought GP1 & GP5 belong to the same generation with different specifications like Honda Civic ES series. > Is there any major difference in the appearance between GP1 & GP5? I see a lot of Fit cars in the road in Sri Lanka. Most K* numbers and some early CA* numbers tend to be a bit beefier while more newer numbers come with a sleek look with more edges. I will assume the later one is the GP5. Please correct me if I am wrong. Thank you. 🤗
  16. matroska

Toyota CHR tax

Yeah this should be correct.! Sadly another vehicle where the tax is more than the cost of the vehicle... specially if we're talking about a 2017ish unit 😞
  17. amsandun

Toyota CHR tax

For 1.2 litre (1196cc) petrol version of C-HR, total taxes would be around 3,862,000/= including Vehicle Entitlement Levy of 15,000/=. Should be prepared to pay around extra 30,000/- for clearing agent charges as well.
  18. Yesterday
  19. Prangi

Toyota CHR tax

Approx Rs. 3,825,000.00
  20. Hi I've just bought an OBD2 Scanner from Ebay to scan my Alto LXI (2008). I've tried the two Android apps called "Car Scanner" and "Torque (lite)". Both can connect to the device but can't connect to the ECU. The "Car Scanner" app goes through all the Protocols available with it and none matches with the vehicle. Could this be a problem with the car (maybe the port)? Or is there any app that supports this car? Thanks.
  21. This is 2 months old but for those of you who don't know: The story of the legendary Toyota Mark X (Successor of the Mark II) is coming to an end this December 2019. Since 1968 to 2019, more than half a century spent on providing joy to many luxury lovers, collectors, drifters & enthusiasts. Toyota will sign this book with a Final edition Mark X 250S, available in RWD & AWD with a 2.5L V6. In some iterations this car was basically a 4-door supra. 

22. spectre

If you don’t mind, could you share the total cost for the shock replacement or separately if you can please.
  23. sudarsan

Toyota CHR tax

Hi friends, Any know about the tax amount for CHR none hybrid..
  24. Renushan

Auto Gear Shifting

Thanks. Any ideas
  25. Hi Welcome to the forum - don't open multiple threads please. Already there are 2 threads by you for more or less the same requirement. Can a moderator please merge these threads?
  1. Load more activity