• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. BLu3HaZe

Suggestions for a sedan car

You should state your requirements clearly, if you need the space, settling for a hatchback will frustrate you despite good fuel economy. Age and condition of the vehicle also matters. Had a Yaris (1.3 Auto, non JDM), was a great car, never had any trouble but fuel consumption would be 10-11 km/l on average like Crosswind mentioned, though manual gear version will be slightly better. Got a new WagonR Safety (0 mileage, bought from Japan) and the most disappointed I'd ever been in a car. Considerably spacious for the size and good on fuel (depending on road/traffic conditions) but lack of luggage space and other engine/hybrid issues are making me want to go back to a Yaris. Sticking to a simpler car will make your life easier if this is your first/one of the first cars.
  3. Today
  4. Magnum

To the experts & enthusiasts..

The Kurunegala - Puttalam road is pretty nice too
  5. Magnum

## Post Whoring - Part 3 ##

For some reason I like the old school wheel styling
  6. aruntantan

Car within 2.2Mn - 3.2mn

Yeah when finding a Toyota you need a bit of a luck as well. Got a 2004/2007 Allion 240, 2 years back. 100k on the clock. Absolutely nothing to complain about. Love the ride and the comfort ❤️
  7. Davy

Welcome to the forum and thanks for the appreciation. People generally come here to ask a question, get their answer and never to return. But it seems like you have been a reader long enough to realise that the information shared in the forums is invaluable. Every regular and long term member is responsible for keeping it that way, so kudos to all. My advice to you is that you are just 17. You have your entire life head of you. What you make of it is totally up to you. To quote one of my favourite movies...
  8. kush

Car within 2.2Mn - 3.2mn

Toyota that will fall in to your vintage will be hacked to death, mostly rent a car/ taxi/ family runabout. If you are looking at a Toyota i would recommend a Corolla 141 which newer fell in to the above group.
  9. kush

Work on your dreams, I was in your place long years back. Get a good education/ training find a good job/ profession/ business that could get you there. Dream cars do not have to be expensive, actually there are quite a few at reasonable prices with TLC from guys who are upgrading. I started with a MK 1 VW Golf
  10. Hyaenidae

Nah
  11. □AVANTE□

I did get my permit, and honestly I do enjoy the turns and corners of our roads and as I have relations in Kolonnawa & Aluthgama, I know that Colombo traffic can make life hell.. but I was referring to the highways and nicely paved stretches of roads that you see around those parts. We can't even take a slightly lowered car like an EK3 into our home without scraping. Hell I can't even pass 60kmh on my FZ without the risk of hitting something but I guess that's how Sri Lanka generally is.
  12. Sed

4dr5 sound

It’s up to the level
  13. Twin Turbo

4dr5 sound

Check your engine oil level.
  14. Yesterday
  15. Hyaenidae

Get your learners permit and go for a drive around Colombo roads to see how enjoyable it is You'll love living in the country then
  16. Jason Bourne

Can 6 people ride in an allion or premio

Breaking Bad [emoji123]
  17. alpha17

You have no idea how I have changed my plans on journeys to carry less than 5 people. Even try to balance the weight by asking passengers to switch their seats. Yes, in my book, I call it abuse😅
  18. alpha17

@matroska So the car is much more comfortable? Or is there a hidden story?😉 I’m a huge fan of Walter White😉
  19. Hi, I'm a 17 year old , genuine car enthusiast from Mawanella. I have been hit in the head with the petrolhead madness ever since I was 6. I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but all I really want to say is that I sincerely thank the experts and enthusiasts here in the Autolanka forums as reading their posts & comments in the forums have helped me alot in learning about the car culture here in Sri Lanka (I was born and raised in a foreign country for most of my childhood). I'm glad to know that there are still people who respect driving pleasure, people who don't want to spend their lives stuck inside an econobox or a boring people hauler, people who are ready to spend and work hard for their 4-wheeled craze machines. I've seen an Integra type-R project, a member who owns a rare Alfa 159 (Alfinsti is his name I think) and now an ongoing 'moggie' project. Even their advice had helped me and my family to avoid buying a shitbox or to be cheated by the words of maka-bases and such fellows. Since I'm from a middle class family and my parents aren't really interested in the art of driving, there is no way I can get a chance to own a decent fun to drive car (unless I go abroad) maybe until I'm 30+ due to my family obligations and the situation of this county (fuel prices, taxes, hard to find good condition cars and spares & the prevalence of EVs & hybrids, hard to drive in these areas). It is also depressing that you don't have anyone to share your passion with around my area (except for my one, good friend & my small brother). Adults would say I'm crazy and that I'm wasting my time chasing around gas-guzzlers & old rust buckets. I used to watch Initial D and Wangan Midnight along with few classics like Taxi (1998), the F&F series, Christine, etc.. I study and work hard at school with the hope that I can be successful in the future and fulfil my dreams of owning a true drivers car before its too late. I hope that the people who own such wonderful machines & the people who live in/near the Colombo area understand how lucky they are as no matter how hard life gets, they can enjoy their cars. I'm sorry because I had no one to say all this to & thanks again to the wonderful members of Autolanka!
  20. KJ2019

Car within 2.2Mn - 3.2mn

toyotas are defs reliable but most of those cars have done close to 200k and are probably nearing major engine repairs. thats why im quite reluctant to go for a 121
  21. KJ2019

Car within 2.2Mn - 3.2mn

i did a bit of research and the car was in good condition when i bought. in fact 2 of the most trusted technicians recommended to go for that after checking. plus when i drove the GDI it felt really powerful and smooth. anyhow whats gone is gone. in deed a good lesson.
  22. aruntantan

Car within 2.2Mn - 3.2mn

Yeah, should have checked before buying, But GDI worst mistake. Again look at the total cost for those repairs, still within 5 laks losing range? after so many issues?.
  23. Hyaenidae

Car within 2.2Mn - 3.2mn

Original Post : http://www.elakiri.com/forum/showpost.php?p=24224073&postcount=79 Moral of the story : Failure to do your homework before buying a car could spell disaster regardless of the brand. Had he inquired about buying a GDI 4G15 he would've learned that it was a bad idea.
  24. aruntantan

Car within 2.2Mn - 3.2mn

Already lost 5 laks, high time to buy a Toyota.
  25. aruntantan

Allion 240 ATF change frequency

Changed ATF oil, this Saturday, Now the ride is so smooth. Thanks all who helped
  1. Load more activity