• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. alpha17

daihatsu Thor vs Toyota Tank/Roomy

Getting the Tank would be much safer since it has the Toyota badge. Same car, but try to get a fully loaded variant. There is a good review done in sinhala in the youtube (a black toyota tank) and he shows off all the gimmicks you can do with it.
  3. alpha17

Honda Civic (ninth generation) fb1 ivtec

Not too many people own them, but carries the same engines from the previous generation, so there won’t be any major issues since those were solid engines. Most owners from countries like Pakistan claim the 9th gen to be more comfortable than the 8th gen. On the other hand you’ll get a less sportier ride than the 8th gen. Most claim that the fuel economy is bit better than the 8th gen, but not in the Axio and Allions territory. I personally couldn’t tolerate the look of the back end, but the front is okish. Unlike the FD series FB series were not popular in SL, so you’ll be having a hard time selling the car. p.s- If you really want to go for it, I would install the boot lid and tail lights from the UAE model😃
  4. I’ll explain what are the differences you’ll notice. -GP5 is considerably faster than the GP1 and fun to drive. In terms of acceleration it is on a totally different planet when compared with Vitz and Aquas -Interior is nicely done in the GP5and has an upmarket look than the GP1, but same as the GP1 all materials are hard plastic -GP5’s Handling is a bit better than the GP1 -Some models of the GP1 came with the serious engine oil burning issue which is a real headache. But only a range of cars are affected. You can search in the forum form for their chassis number range to avoid. This was rectified in the GP5 and later GP1s -Comfort wise almost the same -GP5 has the faster wearing Dual Clutch gearbox, which tends to pack up around 80,000kms and above (due to the SL climate) -Both cars don’t have serious battery issues like the Civic Hybrid, but most of the GP1s would be in their final stages due to their age. -GP1 is a more like your usual Petrol car without any serious differences in driving experiences, and the powertrain is really smooth. But GP5 is filled with more electronics. You’ll get a Prius style gear shifter and a parking brake switch. I personally find that the powertrain of the GP5 is unrefined. Some times there is a delay to kick in the engine. But when you put your foot down it just rockets out. -I find that the driving the GP1 in the traffic is a bit hard until you get used to it, because when you leave the breaks the car feels like its in a hurry to go even without pressing the accelerator. Haven’t noticed that in the GP5. -GP5 is one of the most favourite cars that I would love to DRIVE.
  5. Today
  6. alpha17

Honda Internavi(2013) USB Connection

Most likely not. Some of them have SD cards, which is an alternative to USB(2 slots; one for map chip and one for audio) When you select the source do you get an option to chose as USB?
  7. Great if you can attach a photo. Didn't find such a device?
  8. My brother in law driver wxb 2016. He also noticed the same issue since yesterday. Mileage is 47000 km. Also recently replaced the rear hub and front fog lamp bulb. Can those be related to those?
  9. Machan, regarding that engine repair you said. Do you think i should opt the santa fe because of that engine repair done in 60,000? I heard that the company never informed the buyers to use super diesel when they buy it. I only found 1 deisel vehicle of 100,000 and all other diesels have passed more than 150,000. what do you think about the petrol version of it (i heard petrol does around 10 kmpl but i highly doubt it even does 😎 Please advice me what i should look for when buying one and how to know if there are any problems. Im thinking of going to this new Car Check place to get it inspected. Are they trustworthy?
  10. The description you mentioned only points to one vehicle. The Hyundai Santafe. Its the only 2007ish 7seater suv for your budget. Dont even think of converting a 5 seater to 7. Its not made to hold that weight and no proper mounts. Its a death trap. And the xtrail and rav 4 of that era never came with 7 seats. Its the vanguard a streached version of the rav4 which came later which had it. And there will be a significantly low fuel economy in the petrol suvs compared to the diesel You shouldnt be complaining about the horrible 2nd hand market of it because its the only reason it ended up in your budget. If it held on to the value like a toyota you couldnt even think of buying one. So the ones who should be upset are the ones who bought them brand new like us. The engine repair came at around 60 000km due to not using super diesel. If it was done properly. (Most were done in the company under a special warrenty). There woudnt be any issue. You could finda hacked one for 3.5 But dont be an el-cheapo and go for the cheapest one. Go for a good condition one with all the options like 4wd, 7 seats, triptronic, spped lock etc. Its better to get a well looked after one for a little bit more than a hacked one for a little cheaper and spend much more on repairs.
  11. Is there anyone use this internavi system.? Did this unit come with a USB port?
  12. Lakmal Lakmal

Honda Internavi Audio Management

I have a honda Intenavi system with 40GB internal storage(Honda Insight ze3 car). Does anyone know the process to copy audio from CD to Internal storage.?
  13. I'm trying to update my existing indian alto 800 car to new one. I need some suggestions to go with, I'm kind of searching around 30laks. Currently I have 4 cars on mind, Alto turbo RS Perodua axia Toyota wigo Nissan dayz hiwaystar Can i get any suggestions based on your user experiences and knowledge. Which one should i go for..?
  14. Hi guys, this is my father's swift 2004 1.3cc car. For some time now, an unusual sound comes from the engine bay when engine is started, in low RPMs and also when moving with 'D' but most of the times with lower RPM values. It's more like a 'Grrrrr...' sound. that's how I can explain it. It was checked at a local garage for a possible engine mount issue but they said there's no problem. Still it is there. I have a small video clip but the sound I mention here is barely audible in the video. If anybody has an idea what this might be, it would be of great help to get this sorted out. Thanks. URL for video clip
  15. I dont like MPV's that much and the only two that's available are Honda Freed, Avanza or an old townace. But what do you think of Santa Fe 2007/2008/2009? My main concerns are the market value and if the fuel economy is more than 10kmpl id love it
  16. UK Import S-Cross is assembled at the Suzuki plant in Hungary. You can confirm this if your VIN (Chassis No) is starting with "TSM"
  17. Chanu D

408 & 407

Thanks gents for your time and feedback.. I shall look something like a mazda... i Had an axela... that i loved.. probably Mazda is a better way forward. Many Thanks
  18. The GP1 is the hybrid variant of the 2nd generation FIT while the GP5 is the hybrid variant of the 3rd generation FIT. You can refer the Wikipedia article on the key differences of the 2nd and 3rd gen FITs. A few hybrid specific difference AFAIK are as follows: GP1 Based on Honda IMA Hybrid technology No full EV mode NiMH hybrid battery 1.3L engine, CVT transmission Conventional belt driven engine accessories (A/C compressor, Water pump etc) - So A/C will not work when engine stops at traffic lights etc. GP5 Based on Honda EarthDreams hybrid technology Full EV mode available Li-ion hybrid battery 1.5L engine, 7-speed dual clutch transmission (Shared with Vezel, Grace) All electric engine accessories (A/C compressor, Water pump etc) Hope this helps 😊
  19. Do not convert a RAV4 or X Trail in to 7 seats ! That was the whole reason why I wrote my previous post. It is not safe..and it is not comfortable. Do idiots in Sri Lanka do it. Yes...but then it is these are morons who do not care a s&*t about safety. Also, you convert it...no sensible person will buy it at a reasonable price afterwards (but then there is a moron born every minute in SL). There is a reason why the RAV4 and X-Trail and Vitara and old CRVs never came in 7 seat configurations. As for the double cab..depends on the double cab...some did come with bench seats in the back and front....why not a MPV ?
  20. So 6 people can ride comfortably in a double cab? That will be great. Can you please enlighten me on the best double cab models, because i saw many toyota thailand models on the net and im confused whats the best Something for 3.5 million
  21. Hey Vanguard and CR-V costs around 5-6 million so its out of option. Is it okay if i convert a rav4 5 seater to a 7 seater? I checked some 2008/7 rav4's but i find that the xtrail has more space compared to it 🤷 Yes i could easily get a pajero or a prado but i need something 2007-8ish which will have less repairs vpaired to a 20+ year old vehicle And i would love a MPV TOO BUT its not not an option for my budget :l
  22. noddy

Hustler vs Alto JDM

well I have 2016 alto and a wagon R 2017 the alto does 16.7 KMPL better than the wagon r. Back seats can hold a few boxes nothing more. rears shocks are very weak. if two passengers its nice car
  23. why dont you for a double cab 2 in the front and 4 at the back but there will be 3 seat belts and get a good diesel. ford is cab is cheaper then the others
  24. GP1 (2007-14) is old model, GP5 (2014 onward) is current model both are hybrids with significant mechanical differences, especially in the hybrid system. Google there are plenty of information In AL forum Fit mainly refers to hybrids as it is the most common derivative of the Fit in Sri Lanka
  25. Hi, Can someone explain the difference between GP1 and GP5? Are there any other GP versions available? I do not know much things about Honda. Any information regarding my query will be really appreciated. ——————— I used the search function, but it didn’t yield any fruitful result regarding difference between aforementioned models. There are substantial amount of content regarding Fit, but not many things illustrating difference between models. Thanks in advance.
  26. iRage

Upgrading my current car to new one

Alto RS : loads of fun to drive and the funnest car on your list. Very bare and baron inside (in terms of dash design etc...)... Dayz : Again...well built and feels nicer than the Maruti. A bit of a bore to drive with the lethargic NA engine and the sterring is..well its nice and sharp but has not much feeling and has a bit of body roll. Both of the above cars have decent safety equipment as standard and the Days can have much more safety features and other accessories in some grades. Being kei cars the rear seats are bench-like but the Dayz seats do have a nice form and hold you well. The Alto Turbo RS rear seats..well...it is more benchy than the others. Being kei cars the engines are quite small with limited output but the Turbo RS feels nippier with a bit more power and torque than the Dayz. If possible try to get a turbo variant of the Dayz. Kei cars are quite peppy low down the rev range and then just simply start suffocating towards the higher revs...so you will be pushing the engine to the max on hilly rides or highway rides. The Turbo makes it a bit better. I would be somewhat reluctant to buy used kei cars from Japan, especially those that are not from large cities because these things get rev'd the life out of them when they use it on the Highway. Axia/Wigo : Both are the same car by different manufacturers (I haven't ridden and driven the Axia but considering its the same platform it can't bee too far off from the Wigo). Same type of budget conscious car as the Maruti, albeit it will feel nicer and better assembled. Some what plasticy inside and the car is quite nippy at turns and the ride is pretty decent for its category. The lowest grade of the Wigo is very bare. Interior space wise it feels the same as the Dayz. However, the Dayz feels more refine. Power wise the Wigo has about 65hp so a bit more than the Dayz but the Turbo RS has pretty much the same amount of power (but a bit more torque). Safety features wise the Days is better and the As suggested by Kush you also might want to look in to Kia and Hyundai options (Picanto/Morning/i10). I believe they are a good balance between what the kei cars and the Wigo can offer (again depending on the grade). Unlike the Dayz and the Turbo RS the Axia, Wigo and the Korean cars have official manufacturer support if you ever do need it, so take that in to account as well (I believe the Koran models'agents are a bit more customer focused and economically sensible than the other two).
  27. K.o.N.o.S

92 or 95 octane for the Suzuki Alto Turbo RS?

If you search this forum you will be surprised to know that lots of members are convinced to buy lancers over the others. They are still very happy customers including myself. As @Hyaenidae suggested the alto might have the edge on the acceleration. But I highly doubt on the other aspects. Making this sentiment Cause I am highly biased towards lancers.
  1. Load more activity