• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Today
  3. Rumesh88

Engine rough idle - EGR code and EVAP failure

Get the EGR cleaned first.
  4. pug306xsi

Home Air Conditioners Help ....

Mine Runs 10 hours a day and the bill was up by 3000 only. pretty decent.
  5. Hi All , My Knowledge on Vehicles is very much limited and I Likseems to like these of MPV's. The above mentioned vehicles are more or less the same . but with very minor differences . But if I buy daihatsu what could be the cons I can face in Sri Lanka 1. Can I get spare parts ? 2. Will I have the resale value ( since its not Toyota ) In Other words , Can I sell that without less pain What are possible other problems /con's I can face . Kindly mentioned your recommendation
  6. Kasun12

Engine oil

please tell me what are the better engine oils for suzuki swift jeep(japan) model. 111,000km now
  7. aruntantan

RPM meter not returning to zero - Allion 240

Seems the reading are way out of sync. Sometimes idle it shows 0 , Sometimes it works correctly.
  8. So Nations Trust Bank has put up a pic of my van in their Kandy branch board  http://oi65.tinypic.com/o94qdf.jpg

Looks like they ripped it from my blog 😑

9. matroska

Mazda 323 BJ-II Astina SP20 Hatch

That my good sir is a great looking car. Looks in excellent condition. Congratulations.!
  10. thou1584

Axio Hybrid Warning message

Just Replace The Key Battery, It will Just go off once u replace
  11. Yesterday
  12. JayaR

ok thank you vrey much
  13. madbug

Japan car DVD setup unlocking through Erc

Please help me. My erc is 0065883400658834
  14. □AVANTE□

Die-cast cars

Superb m8! I myself only have 3 models, a 1:18 matte black Audi R8 GT, 1:32 Tommi Makinen Evo (gave away) & 1:64 Hotwheels Ferrari F430 (bad condition)..your GTR must be welly i think. Overall, nice!
  15. brainstorm21

Home Air Conditioners Help ....

I didn't have a good experience with Lloyds A/C . There was an irritated issues with it was very uncomfortable noise in my room . The A/C was blowing the same air temperature like outside , didn't cool nothing . I contacted a Marvellous aircon company http://www.airconservicingsingapore.com/ . This company has a great reputation and many positive feedbacks . The technician was fixing about two hours , he did everything using the performance tools and didn't leave the rubbish after his work . It was surprisingly fast and I didn't expect that the A/C will start work as a new. This company has very professional technician and great service.
  16. Davy

During the first weekend, I had to make sure the timing belt looked okay. The car does have a fairly regular service history, but unlike Sri Lanka, owners don't really handover actual repair invoices to the next one. The only thing that goes with the car is the service booklet that has the mileage and stamp by the dealer/garage that carried out the repair. So if you wanted to find out what they really did, you can call up and ask them. If they have it on record, they'll tell you. For things like the timing belt, they usually paste a sticker on the timing belt cover indicating the date and mileage of replacement. But no sticker found here. Given that 100,000km could have been several years ago, I didn't want to try my luck asking previous dealers, so I took out the valve cover and did a visual inspection myself. Cleaned out the spark plugs, ignition leads and coil packs a bit as they were covered in dust and grime. I was happy to find out that the valve body didn't have any sludge or dark oil residue or anything. It looked pretty clean and the oil was nice and gold. The timing belt looks brown in the photo. Must be due to the over-exposure from the flash or something. It looks black in person. The belt itself looks okay. There's a bit of wear and belt dust on the cam cogs, but no fraying, cracking or anything like that. Should be good for another 50,000 kms. I also got the SP20 stickers. Only one set was for sale on eBay Australia. So snatched it quickly. Will paste them once I have the time for a cut and polish. There are a few things I will attend to during the next couple of weeks. There are a few places that have the paint chipped off (on the bonnet, roof, A pillar). I will get a touch up paint kit and touch them up before doing the cut and polish. Last weekend I also replaced all wiper blades. The drive belts look brand new and it looks like one of them hasn't been tightened properly after installation. The loud drive belt noise comes about a minute after the car is started in cold weather. So I will be tightening that also during the weekend. I also discovered that the driver's side rear view mirror has an aftermarket mirror on it. I saw this during the test drive because that mirror looked like it was less convex than the other one. Objects in the mirror are further than they appear . So I will be replacing the mirror as well. Will probably source one from a salvage yard and transfer the housing from the current one to avoid having to paint. Maybe I'm too used to the RalliArt's whiplash-inducing brakes (they are really strong), I feel like the brakes could do with some TLC. So rotors and pads will go in soon. And finally, I am going to take it to a Mazda dealer to get the transmission oil replaced. There is no record of it being replaced during the past 40,000km and the 4th gear is a bit notchy when cold. Hopefully an oil change (maybe filter as well) will solve it.
  17. kusumsiri

Is there a way to find whether the cockpit room panels are digital or analog, before reserve air tickets ?
  18. Davy

Thanks bro. Imagine if I had this in Sri Lanka! Would have been great! Do you still have your one? What made me fall in love with is actually the power of that 2.0L FS engine in such a small car. You get wheel spin on occasion when you take off from a stop if you are not graceful on the throttle. Like I said before, it is fun to drive. It requires 95 octane to run, so I guess the higher compression ratio contributes to it to a point. Thanks! It was honestly a very close battle between a CS Lancer VR-X and the 323. The only reasons the 323 won in this case is because A. Hatchback, and B. Found a good example of a 323 first and C. With one year warranty. There were only two Lancer VR-Xs for sale online in the whole of Victoria. One was a 2002 pre-facelift which looked weary. The second was a 2005 facelift with a bit of a high mileage (220K km) and the interior was totally wrecked. I honestly wanted a different experience from the CS as well, since I've owned one.
  19. ghostwriter

try tapping 3/4 times on the display/ screen it might have got stuck. once my kelisa's speedometer was stucked at 20kmph where it won't go below 20 kmph mark even when stopped. I lived with it but one day a friend of mine who is a pilot was driving my car and when he saw it doesn't go below 20kmph mark he tapped on it which made it release immediately. Apparently, it is a common thing with old airplanes which have lots of analog dials too and what they do is tap on it like crazy.
  20. Sadik

Travera neo 2

Its based on the Isuzu Panther, an MUV we used to have in Sri Lanka , sometime back. Can remember a lot of these were used as govt vehicles ( Those days SML was govt owned). Being bulit by Isuzu , even the Tavera may have a reliable engine , but i can remember the old Panthers suffering from rust. Also, engine rattle is a bit annoying and since its based on a pick up platform , wasn't very comfy. Also, i think the original wheel sizes were quite small, which kind of gave the car an unusual look. I guess you would not have a problem sourcing the engine parts , but body & other interior trims am not so sure how easy would it be to source unless you can get someone to pick it from India (i think the panther had a lot of common parts with Fargo/ WFR and the Isuzu old KB pick up. But am not sure whether this is teh case with the Neo 2. Someone should correct me but am under the impression that now Magcity is the agent, and even they have discontinued selling the brand. Might be a reliable workhorse, Let's see what the experts have to say.
  21. JayaR

HI , I'm having a 2014 axio hybrid and i can see the below warning message while closing doors of the car sometimes. does any body knows what this means highly appreciate your thought. AND REQUEST GIVE REMEDIES FOR IT. THANKS
  22. aruntantan

Car is in shutdown, when I took the picture Thanks davy, Will try to give some high revs, to see if it works correctly.
  23. tilvin

shutdown the car...:). It will come to zero.
  24. LashNeo

Aha.. tell me about it. Guess its normal to drive a mazda and then immediately fall in love with it. Welcome to the 323 club bro! It would have been great if you were around to share all the 323 stories.
  25. Davy

You'd have to get your gauge cluster out to see what is wrong with it. There is a very fragile spring behind the needle that forces it to 0. My guess is that the spring has either lost it's tension, or stuck. Did you try giving it some high revs (5000 - 6000)? If the spring is stuck, that might loosen it up.
  26. Anyone experienced the issue RPM not returning to zero? When engine stopped, stuck around 500rpm

27. I have a Toyota Allion 240 and, today I noticed that, the RPM meter not returning to zero. When stopped it was showing around 500rpm. and after starting Idle is showing 1200-1300. Anyone know how to fix the issue?. Note : recently I have changed the ATF, not sure there is a connection. Thanks.
  1. Load more activity