• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Today
  3. Traveler

Suzuki Hustler/wagon r Vs Demio

Thank You for the help.
  4. rikkirose

Passo kgc10 ac compressor replacement

Hi there! I can recommend you to search on site boodmo. I often buy car accessories and consumables there, and of course spare parts, when there is such a need. Prices are good there, if you will find a spare part for your model, I think you will be satisfied with the cost.😊
  5. hustlehard

Need a 7 seat SUV for 5/4.5 million

Sorento is a great vehicle. I love it, but the second-hand market is bad right?
  6. akboselk

Car registration

I purchased a new car from japan auction and imported to Sri Lanka last week and driven it from hambantota to colombo (my relative's home ) with chassis number. Now I need to take it to my home (in Central province ) after I receive my number plate. 1) should I need to do the Emission test for recondition car from first year ? 2) can I drive it without revenue license from colombo to my home in central province ? (because i think i have to take the revenue license from a AG office in central province ) thanks
  7. tiv

Tire air drops

Basic car ownership check the valves, stems check the tyre bead, pull it off and set the bead again check the expiry date for the tyre, expired Tyres leak a bit lastly swap the tyre to another wheel and see if the rim has a leak.
  8. tiv

Tire air drops

Basic car ownership check the valves, stems check the tyre bead, pull it off and set the bead again check the expiry date for the tyre, expired Tyres leak a bit lastly swap the tyre to another wheel and see if the rim has a leak.
  9. dilan_randika

Tire air drops

hi, after i pump 30psi to all 4 tires, when checking after about 1 month, 3 tires become 27. 1 ack tire become 17. no tire puncture detected after checking in 3 tire shops. what can be the reason?
  10. iRage

Honda Insight 2019 vs Toyota Premio 2019

Uhh...about this statement....you need to understand certain things. "G Superior" PACKAGE was an actual/official thing Toyota dealers offered as a DEALER PACKAGE. It was offered on the highest grade of the 1.5 or 1.8L variant. So it isn't that Sri Lankans call the F-EX package or whatever the G Superior. So when Toyota dealers sell an F-EX or what ever with the G Superior PACKAGE they would have gotten the highest grade with all the logical manufacturer options and then attached the original accessories. In SL, in order to save money on import (both in purchase and taxes which compound the cost), they just got the standard highest grades of the 1.5L (usually without the spec'd manufacture options) and stuck the locally purchased accessories. No..this is the oxymoronic way (sorry). Through-out the time of the model, the manufacturer releases special/limited editions. When they do that they typically mix and match options/accessories. So saying that grade CDE will have a certain type of LED bulb'd lamp and speedometer and grade ABC will only have a lesser type is not accurate. Also, these parts can be changed and our car sales people do change them because doing so increases their profit margins. the ONLY way to figure out what the actual grade for Toyotas is the frame code/type. Nothing else...that is it (unfortunately this does not work with some brands). Unfortunately, you still will not know whether the package/edition is legit or not. If the package/edition is a manufacturer (or special dealer) variant then there will be a notation at the end of the the frame code/type. Example ACA31 RAV4 X Limited package would have the code AXA31-AW....-X (<-- the last -X shows the special variant) The Allion comes as A15, A18 and A20 grades A15 = NZT26x-CEXEK A18 = ZRT26x - CEXEK (with 2ZR-FE engine) ZRT26x - CEXEP (for 2ZR-FAE engine) A20 = ZRT261 - CEXGP Then each grade has variants/editions. Within the 2007 - 2010 model year G and S packages were offered. Thus the above codes had a -G and uhh...I think a -S at the end of the code. In 2008 they released a trimmed down variant called the standard package for the A15 and A18 (primarily as a business/fleet model) and those had the -U at the end. The Premio has the same frame codes as the above for each of its grades 1.5F, 1.8X, 2.0G (replace the C in the code with A). then the L packages and L packages came with -F and -L and other letters depending on what Toyota fancied on calling its grade range. The above works for MANUFACTURER packages/editions. For normal dealer packages/editions that were available, like the G Superior DEALER package for the 1.5L or 1.8L variants would have no coded identification.
  11. nmreyaz

Giving for hire - Legal agreement

As the owner of the vehicle, you must also take precautions to ensure the driver does not commit any offences using the vehicle. You can request the driver to submit a police report or the driver could give you a written letter that he was not involved in any crimes previously. There are some specific laws (like section 40 of the Forests Ordinance) which result in automatic confiscation of the vehicle. Using the vehicle to transport drugs, firearms, explosives or to commit offences under the Prevention of Terrorism Act are likely to result in the seizure of the vehicle. The owner will then have to go to Court and satisfy the Judge that he took all reasonable precautions to prevent the commission of a crime. If the owner fails, the vehicle will be confiscated to the State. The owner will end up without a car and under obligation to pay the balance lease. Sorry to present a bleak picture but this is how things happen in Court. It would be better if you consult a lawyer to decide what precautions you need to take that will, if brought to Court, to prevent the commission of a crime. A legal agreement drawn by a lawyer between the owner and the driver will enhance your credibility when investigated by the authorities.
  12. vitz

Tools for DIY of Vehicles

Disk break spreader
  13. vitz

Thanks. 1/2 socket set would be more useful it seems. Yeah, digital torque wrench like https://www.amazon.ca/ACDelco-ARM602-4-Measurement-Adapter-4-147-6-Feet/dp/B004VYURT0/ref=sr_1_1?crid=17XI02TO6A5MU&keywords=digital+torque+adapter&qid=1558321468&s=gateway&sprefix=digital+torque+%2Caps%2C193&sr=8-1 would be a good pick. I am not sure it is available in Amazon Asia
  14. alpha17

There were 3 grades for 1.8L version of the Allion; A18,A18 G package,A18 S package.1.5L; A15, A15 G package. Easiest way to identify them is the meter cluster. G package has the optitron meter cluster(illumination dashboard what they call here😅) and the base version has the ordinary meter cluster(just like the Axio 141 X grade’s meter but with tachometer and multi information display at the middle).According to the catalogue the A18 has the 9 leds. I have driven the A15 G pack but haven’t inspected the 3rd break lamp. Mine has 9 leds being a 1.5L, but from 2013.
  15. varotone

1. SAE or metric depending on your vehicle. Isn't it? 1/2 would be the best in my opinion. 2. Doesn't it depend on the torque range you need? There are digital torque meters with a range from 8-500Nm. Looks versatile. I don't have one to test the accuracy. Also, is there any place that hires torque wrench? I'm planning to invest on one. A set of quality torque wrench costs a fortune.
  16. sathyajithj99

Allions which have 9 LEDs in their 3rd brake lamp are A18 which come with 1.8L engines. Rare to find in SL because of people's fobia of bigger engines. Also I have not come across any 1.8L premios of 260 era either. Axio Luxel (144) which has a 1.8L engine also has 9 LEDs in its 3rd brake lamp.
  17. BlueRaiden

My one doesn't have 9 leds for the brake lights only 4. Thanks for the info buddy. Didnt know that before.
  18. varotone

Gasket removing scraper Set of feeler gauges Vernier calipers Valve spring compressor Set of copper bristle wire brushes Paint brushes (1/4") Spill free funnel Metal file Piston ring expander Pliers - nose, circlip compressing, Gear puller/harmonic balancer (OBD Scanner, dwell angle monitor, compression gauge, timing light. Not diy tools per se) Measuring ruler, marker, ziplock bags, paper and pen, sticker, a camera come in handy for any DIY job.
  19. Yesterday
  20. alpha17

From what I’ve seen, the vents for rear are available in the highest grade of the 1.5L Premio/Allion 2013 and above models for sure. Premio’s F-EX package(what they call g superior in SL) and Allion G Plus(It’s properly called atleast😅) are equipped. I checked two 2010-2012 F-L package cars(which is a grade below F-EX) and they didn’t have those. But both of them were rebadged as G Superior. Maybe the real F-EX packages might have those vents. I think your Allion is a middle tier edition(I can’t remember the names of the grades of 2007-2009 Allions). Best thing is to check whether your 3rd brake light(mounted on the rear parcel shelf) has 9 led lamps.Top tier versions had 9 leds instead of four.Also the leather stitched steering wheel is another fact for the top spec version. If yours not a one, the we can guess that the top version might have the option.Anyway it’s not much of a great deal, but does make it nicer for the rear passengers.
  21. kusumsiri

Project Moggie - Bodywork

Yes. It dont have any relay. Your relay suggestion is good and seems practical. Deeply thinking about it. About flexi tubing : The hardware guys call them as flexible hose and I already planned to use those. I will update here once done. Regulator : Yep, thinking to attach some dummy wires to it. Now it have only 1 and seems isolated.
  22. kusumsiri

Like to add following to @tiv's list. Hammer(s) Set of Hex key (Allen Keys) Chisel A soldering iron - 60W or 100W Working table with metal top Old engine block or a piece thick H iron bar
  23. K.o.N.o.S

Suzuki Hustler/wagon r Vs Demio

Hands down Demio is a much better choice in every possible way. My first car was a 2009 Demio and I had sheer amount of fun driving that. Sad to let her go☹️..
  1. Load more activity