• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Wasn't there a soil/geo test done sometime back ?
  3. You are not going to find many around sadly...so take your time. Yes..I agree the only Harrier that will fit your budget would be a somewhat badly used 1st gen one....other options might be 1st and 2nd gen RAV4s. Again..I keep going back to the Terios/Rush. Yes..it is fine for a city runner..but anything out of that...absolutely not. Even if it means running on the highway. There are plenty of kei cars over here running on the highway and they just fly (mostly pushed by the wind) and those things are screeching their engines out. The problem in Sri Lanka is the taxes. Because of the taxes pushing the vehicle prices up and the level of income in the country, buying a car becomes a huge investment. So people put it to all sorts of use as possible and try to keep its resale value as high as possible to get a decent ROI.
  4. Today
  5. Only a Subway system can transport thousands of people during rush hour efficient and cheap. Although the construction cost is high, there are savings in prime land acquisition, traveling time reduction and passenger capacity compared to overground systems like monorail, buses.
  6. Dear All, My Desktop computer switches off itself after roaring noise of the CPU fan (HP Compaq i5). This problem started after heavy use of my PC for computations. Now it keep on happening few minutes after switching on the PC. First, the PC freezes, then fan starts to roar, then shut down the PC completely. I cleaned the CPU heat sink and Fan, assuming an overheating problem. Of course, lot of dust accumulated!!!!! But, this solution did not work. If anyone of you have faced this problem and found a solution, I will be really grateful if you could share!!!! Cheers, Vitz
  7. Engine is suddenly stop and the dash board on show oil bulb and seat belt lights only. Also can on start the engine but after some time can start. Did a scan and could n't find any fault. Battery terminal were also changed. Can any one explain why this happen.
  8. OMG the horror stories on 1KR-FE vibration issues Ive ditched the idea of 1L toyota ! Are suzuki 1L, honda 1L engines fall into the same category or its only toyota ? my new choices MUST be 4 pots 1. Preface-lift vitz 1.3 2. Second gen vitz 1.3 (bola vitz)
  9. how to install the sri lankan map for toyota vitz 2017, player NSCP W-66?
  10. Yesterday
  11. It is what it is: A nice little urban runabout / A utility-style vehicle for the city. And I think its great at what its designed for...Problem is in this situation the Every AWD has been stretched to service a role its not optimally designed for. Its like using a butter knife to cut mangoes. It can be done, but its messy and not the most ideal tool for the job. But really none of the other cars @everyf4 has choosen really fit the role either...Hence my suggestion to switch focus and get an older Toyota Harrier or similar older CUV with a wider track and better (but still quite soft) suspension.
  12. Terios is not bad. Had a 2007 one which we got for the permit and ran it for 138000kms or so. Just had to do routine maintenance and mechanically it is not that complex. Will give you around 9ish in terms of fuel and the full time 4wd keeps the thing planted on the road and it gives you decent grip. There is a bit of body roll but its not that severe. It has decent ground clearance as well. I took the thing to Weviathalawa (managed to go most of the way) and Devils staircase (which I gave up halfway cause it was getting a bit out of hand). Doesn't have a lot of torque so cannot do anything extreme. Does have a centre diff lock and it does give some added power if you are stuck. But again nothing extreme. For parts, you might have to depend on the agent. I got most of the replacement parts through the agent. TL also carries certain parts. Mine was a manual so had to replace the clutch and the pressure plate twice along with the front brake pads. Other than that, I had to replace the AC compressor and put a new cooler and had to replace the Fan motor once. But other than that I had to do nothing and it was solid. Sold it and got an axio hybrid and I'm still kicking myself for doing so. Weird enough I still find the terios to be comfortable and it gave me peace of mind and it always managed to put a smile on my face for some reason or the other.
  13. Harriers are expensive, I don't think they fit my budget ! even a 2006-2007 model ! The issue is even 30kmph coroners are unbearable let alone 40 ! But I agree its a decent vehicle for driving around kandy ! but for winding roads I am not sure ! What car do you own ? @iRage Again I like the idea of Terios/Rush ! Im going to search the forums for old posts
  14. I'd avoid the 121 like the plague - simply because it has to be one of the most abused, traded, cheaply maintained cars in Sri Lanka along with it's predecessor the 110. The average 121 probably has changed hands more than the average 1000 rs note. If I had to pick one of the Toyotas you mentioned I'd probably stick with the Yaris, from my experience there are a higher percentage of unabused Yarii (yarises) out there compared to 121s or 240's - there are many brought for permits which enjoyed a considerably fair amount of TLC from their first owners. If you want a fun practical hatch (sadly your Uncle next door will not approve) you could consider the GE6 - as the others above mentioned maintenance cost will not be drastic if you use genuine parts. I've done a fair bit of used car hunting for me, friends and relatives and my personal experience is that it's really really difficult to find a clean, honest mainstream car - specially Toyota in SL . I've usually stuck with the left-field choices (read NON_TOYOTA -other than the EP71 in my avatar) and they've never actually disappointed
  15. Actually...I saw one which had been done up pretty well...had ultra racing braces and TRD wheels and exhaust...so there is atleast one....
  16. Once again thank you for helping me out in difficult times. It will be very helpful if you can share the decoder it will help most people. Of course if you need a payment I can. But i would be more than happy to give away free codes who ever requires it.
  17. Based on what I've heard, even TL themselves are no longer quite as good as they used to be. Mostly because the people actually turning wrenches are usually just there to get their 2/3 years of experience on the CV and then jump abroad.
  18. Still no reason to resurrect a thread that last had a response 14 years ago.
  19. You may check all fluids under the bonnet +battery water and the tyre pressure every time you fill up. TT.
  20. I'm willing to bet good money that none of the 141s in SL has suspension upgrades done for better driving dynamics, it'd be cheaper and easier to just sell the thing and go for a FD4 if one wants good driving dynamics Yep even its steering feels noticeably lighter than of a 141 despite both cars being EPS
  21. Please help me unlock my Toyota Vitz car audio system 00a6911c00000000 Required ERC Code
  22. I wish the non essential vehicle imports (cars, luxury vehicles, motorcycles) would stop for a couple of years, while still permitting commercial/special purpose ones like decent busses, panel vans, prime movers, ambulance and such. With election around the corner and a few new cronies waiting impatiently to grab a permit, I doubt that anything would change. They might say a convoy of latest Jeep's is essential for them to get to their electorate to "serve" the voters. Government servants entitled for a permit haven't changed their minds either. Personally I think now is not the best time to clamp down on non roadworthy vehicles (given the economic hardships people face now). But a good time to prevent substandard imports. (Hacked to death Japanese recons and substandard Indian bn ones). There was a hint of improvement in public transport with reserving train tickets and changing the schedule based on demand. CTB busses dedicated to offices.. it failed miserably. A step in the right direction nevertheless. Also, rather than trying to limit the drain of foreign exchange for vehicles during the immediate future, we should look in to other ways of preserving foreign exchange. We will be importing vehicles for the foreseeable future. Halting it for one year is a temporary fix. A sustainable method of preventing foreign exchange drain would be to limit imports of food, milk, fruits, clothing. Sure we may not be able to grow wheat here successfully. But we can find an alternative that we can grow here. Imported onions, potato, apples, mandarins and milk powder can stop. We can find suitable alternative food sources. It's not like we will die without wheat flour bread and milk. Intelligent omnivores animals like us can adapt much better. Permanently hanging our food habits will cumulatively save more than a temporary ban on importing vehicles for an year. Or else we are back at square one after one year. As a country, If we are not ready to give up some creature comforts, we better work out a method to bring down shit loads of FE through services sector. (I'm no economics expert. All this might be a pipe dream 😂)
  23. Why not ask your wife to wear a seat belt and get your kid a child seat? Then they won’t slide around, you can keep the car you like and you will be a responsible motorist.
  1. Load more activity