• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Today
  3. Renushan

Bump of rear wheels

Thanks all for replying . Also comment about changing suspension (coil spring and shockabsobers ) can fix this.
  4. mcs627

Budget 2019

Point taken. However if one wants price conscious motoring solutions - 50 cc mopeds, tuks and uber are a few options that come to mind 😁 Acually if you think about it the japs don't want to jump 2 steps ahead and give us hybrids with turbocharged engines. They are keeping it for later. Just like the iphone 6s was rolled out. We are getting ripped off.on.a staggered basis. The never-ending upgrade and planned obsolescence cycle. If an ICE Honda Civic could be turbocharged why not a Prius or an Axio Hybrid ???
  5. iRage

Budget 2019

Again...you are missing the point of a Luxury tax versus a Eco-tax. Also, wouldn't you think that these technologies would add to the manufacturing price ? Which goes contrary to what the standard Toyotas and Nissans try to achieve (price conscious motoring solutions) ?
  6. iRage

Bump of rear wheels

No..it is the same as the passenger variant. Difference is rear seats, etc are rather ..well..non existent and the trim and stuff are more cargo friendly. Its just a low cost version. I guess it comes to SL in ship loads because it is cheap.
  7. Isurumj

Daihatsu Terios

I’m gonna buy Daihatsu Terios as my first vehicle. Is it a good fuel consumption vehicle and law cost maintenance vehicle.
  8. matroska

Upgrade to Vitz

Brought down a 2016 F Safety with about 25,000 kms for my uncle before the tax hike for 3.5 ish. Now the tax is higher so a base F probably. This should be about right but mind you the car is a bit underpowered so if you put your foot down to get some speed it might consume more fuel True. You can also consider the Passo cheaper and more bells and whistles.
  9. maersk

A vehicle loan of 4.5 million

If you are regularly remitting your salary from your employment to a bank, they are the best people to ask for a loan. Still it won’t be easy. Good luck! My experience is banks only like your hard earn foreign currency, that’s it.
  10. Udeyrathna

Knock sensor failure

hi tilvin. thank you for your quick response. that gear box problem came after previous oil changing. a machanic observed and fix the problem once but it appears again soon. Also he said that replacing the knock sensor not a solution for the failure because the vibrations of engine had changed due to head gasket replacement. 🙄☹️
  11. tiv

Upgrade to Vitz

You can buy a F grade, 2015 or 2016 Fuel consumption is like 13kmpl , 92oc It's not exactly an upgrade, both are equally underpowered Vitz may look a bit better and be a bit more comfortable The difference is the size and cargo area 2nd row seating is cramped in the vitz in comparision The engine is so noisy u ll go crawling back to the wagon r, and the vibration will make you think it's an 80s townace, I'm sure the highest grade of wagon r will be far more refined than this.
  12. Yesterday
  13. tilvin

Insurance

My advice - Put to a good local garage who has mechs with heads (Not mouth only....😆) and do the job. If somebody who does not have head in To*ot* La**a do your job what will happen? I have experienced so many times in bigger organizations, there were lot of supervisors and techs who don't have any knowledge of cars. Just big mouth only and some broken English....😆. These guys never talk in Sinhala man....😆
  14. tilvin

Upgrade to Vitz

Depends on several factors.....😆
  15. tilvin

Knock sensor failure

I have 2 solutions for your 2 problems. Solution 1 - Replace the knock sensor Solution 2 - Change the gearbox oil Can you do both solutions and do an ECU rescan / update?
  16. Udeyrathna

Knock sensor failure

hello.. i have corolla ae 110 1998 automatic car. i have two main issues with my car. 1. there is knock sensor failure after replacing the head gasket. is there is an any solution for correct the issue? it is impossible to erase the error. 2. there is a delay to shift the gear when engine is cool. is it possible to correct the issue without going to heavy repairs like replacing the gear box? please help. thank you.
  17. Nuwarasa

Upgrade to Vitz

I have a wagonr Fx 2018, Im planning to upgrade to vitz. So what is advantages or disadvantages of it. What model of vitz I can buy around 3.6M? What is fuel consumption of Vitz?
  18. vag2

Budget 2019

S straight to the point, a Half sized Prius needing 1.8L is just absurd compared to the bigger European rivals equipped with modern technology. Especially Toyota seems to stick with PFI naturally aspirated engines which provide low power per displacement.
  19. SigurdAlj

Insurance

😖
  20. noddy

Bump of rear wheels

well we had two alto 2004 and 2016 both had very poor suspension at the back. its good to take 2 people and a tiny person at the back. not to take 4 or 5 people. That how it is designed and don,t put a lot of air its a small car. when we go over a hump slow down well.
  21. kusumsiri

Project Moggie - Disassemble Body Parts

Thank you for the idea. I will contact the lathe machine guy and discuss possibility.
  22. The most unrefined petrol car I’ve driven - Vitz KSP130 3cyl 1.0l

1. Hyaenidae

Hyaenidae

Every time I hear the new Vitz It feels like something has come loose of the engine

2. tiv

tiv

Yea something big, like the big ends or a con rod, and the vibration, a 4d56 /4m41 engine in their last iteration is smoother than this, fancy bits aside being an old school engine design from like 30 years ago. When it revs it sounds like an evo engine, then u get happy and then when u look at the gauges you just zoomed from 40 to 50kmph, lol with all that finesse.

It's one of the worst cars to own if you are a motorhead, 

23. tiv

Bump of rear wheels

Does this mean they’ve sorta cut the panels and fixed windows to it? Meaning van spec what is the apparent difference in cargo capability besides the loading capacity?
  24. Twin Turbo

Project Moggie - Disassemble Body Parts

Cut the existing ones and re-thread?
  25. iRage

Bump of rear wheels

Your alto....is it a van variant ? If you and your friend's Alto has the chassis code HA36V, then you have the van variant which is the variant made for business use (i.e. carrying cargo). The passenger variant would be HA36S. Both the variants have variants of the a Torsion Beam suspension system (Suzuki says the 4WD has a ITL ?). The difference is the HA36S has softer suspension and the van has harder suspension. So that could be the main cause for the hard feeling. But it being bumpy...well..like the others have suggested maybe too much air pressure or some alignment/balancing problem ? or worst yet...it has had an accident and poorly fixed (that is the extreme case). But yes...don't be surprised if more than one car has been subjected to the above....a lot of people get their cars maintained through ********* or use it harshly (slammimng over curbs, pot holes, etcc messing up the telemetry of the wheels...and quite a lot of people over inflate their tires (on the advice of service station boys) so that they save fuel...
  26. Renushan

Bump of rear wheels

Thanks for replying for this.There are no issue with tyres but didnt check wheel balance. I think this car has poor rear suspension. Other cars of this model have the same issue. Cn someone explain me that its depends on the performance of rear coil spring and shockabsobers which use for this model and change of the coil or shockabsobers will fix this issue?
  27. Magnum

Bump of rear wheels

Did you check the tyre pressure? Maybe the tyre pressure is too high
  1. Load more activity