• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Today
  3. alpha17

Honda grace ex yom 2014/12

You are trying to get hold of the car in a risky time period considering the DCT’s clutch replacement. Since the battery’s usable capacity is 47% which would be fine for another 1-2 years I think the DCT issue has arisen and that’s why the owner is willing to sell for a such price. From what I noticed, the interior parts like the steering wheel starts showing their age in these trio (Fit, Vezel and Grace), so better to skip the vehicle and get a different model.
  4. matroska

Any Korando User???

Drive Systems International went bankrupt and was acquired by Geely in 2008 or 2009. They made gearboxes for Ford earlier but after that ended their main buyers were Ssangyong and Mahendra. Ssangyong is also owned by Mahendra now. Well kinda true... makes sense if you view these non-mainstream brands as disposable commodities but that is certainly not the case in Sri Lanka. The Ssangyongs have depreciated more than hybrids and that says something!
  5. Yesterday
  6. Threads merged. Thanks mate.
  7. Hyaenidae

Buying a mazda axela 2007

IDK about mazda agents in Kurunegala but there was a real nice looking CS3 2011 for 2.7mil on the quick site, posted 3 days ago, if you're still open to consider another car go check it out. Its authorized agent UNIMO has workshops islandwide including Kurunegala.
  8. Cnj

Buying a mazda axela 2007

Hello everyone .. These days im looking to buy a car around 3mil . i already have experience with toyota ,honda sedans And i dnt want those. As i went through ads i noticed that the maxda axela 2007 coming around my budget .idnt care abt the fuel consumption or the market value . My only concerns are, 1.Im from kurunegala and im not sure any mazda agents /qualified service centres/spare parts in this area. If any of u(mzda owners) from my place pls do tell. 2.As im buying more than 10yr old and 120k <milage car wt to expect from axela. I read many old post here, u guys doing wonderful job. Tnx .
  9. vitz

Any Korando User???

Hi all, After using a Korando for 7 years (of course, got rid of it) following comments can be made.... 1. The vehicle gives an acceptable service for about 80000 km. Only minor repairs as broken door actuators, clock spring, degraded speakers (all 4). The interior held up really good without any rattles. 2. The drama starts after passing 90000 km. The auto-gear box failed (Australian Made DSI gear box). This is an inherent issue of Korando. It costs Rs. 800,000.00 to 900,000 to get is repaired by the agent :). 3. After fixing the gearbox, oh boy!!!! the Turbo unit and engine problems.....Cost Rs. 600,000. This is the quality of Ssangyongs experienced by myself.....Being a very careful user of vehicles, I guess the probability to happen these kind of failures is almost 95%..... Lesson Learnt: Never go for new brands pop up in the market from time to time (Same applies for DFSK too....Just remembered the intersting discussion going on the AL).... Better rely on brands people trusted for years....
  10. The X-Trail seems a nice bargain for the price, starting around 5.4 million, but I'm aware about the gearbox issue. I mean can this issue be rectified permanently or it keeps popping up after every 30k-40k kms?

1. Dee Jay

Dee Jay

the gear box issue is only related to the hybrid X-trail isn't it?

11. matroska

Which is better Indian Alto or old japan alto?

Manuruwan - can you keep your questions in one thread? @Davy -can you merge these two ....
  12. matroska

Toyota Premio 260 GearBox Repair

🤦‍♂️ dude puts his email address just like that... I'm willing to bet his Car Would be a 2007 or 2008 Premio with a number like KP-5388
  13. □AVANTE□

Honda Fit GD1

Yes! This was that article I read a long time ago! I guess the GD1 might be our next car (if we sell the swift that is). Thanks guys!
  14. trinity

Are you high or something??
  15. So I took the Vitara to the A*W inspection camp in Kandy today, well impressed as they are quite aware of the model and the technical aspects, however It was hoist inspection, suspension and the scan tool, which again they said is compatible with UK imports.

all in all it was a good effort

16. Manaruwan

What are the major differences between suzuki alto -800 2015 and 2016 Sent from my SM-J810G using AutoLanka.com mobile app powered by Tapatalk
  17. Manaruwan

Thank you Sent from my SM-J810G using AutoLanka.com mobile app powered by Tapatalk
  18. matroska

Honda Fit GD1

Its just a good old jap hatch with a bit more space than usual...nothing expensive the CVT issue was due to people not doing the oil changes in a timely manner. http://rayazmuthalif.wordpress.com/2008/07/08/how-to-avoid-cvt-gearbox-failures-in-honda-city-fit-jazz-a-sri-lankan-perspective/ A friend of mine owns one...actually she's been driving it for ages now and boy she meets with an accident at least once a month and her usage pattern...is well lets just say she doesn't maintain it well and that thing still keeps running.
  19. matroska

Jap Alto is a better car hands down but your choices will be 10 years old and may have potential issues.
  20. iRage

Japanese Car News

CHR GR Sport Toyota has given the CHR a face-lift. but the more exciting news is that the CHR will now have GR Sport variant. In the GAZOO Racing tuning hierarchy GR Sport is the lowest level of tuning but it still makes a huge difference to the usually boring car....so it will have extra welds, braces, stiffer coils and shocks and most fun of all a 6MT
  21. iRage

Japanese Car News

Yeah...these were being worked on for like ever and you could see a little bit more added on to it every year at MegaWeb and at the motor-shows....however, this is till not commercially available...they are only to be released as personal mobility vehicles at the Future Expo in Japan in 2020. So that is kind of like their real-word test before putting it out in to the mass market. Also, still they are not sold as full-sized EV cars like the Leaf. For that they have been cozying up with a lot of Chinese manufacturers.... On the other hand...Mazda is supposed to preview/release their full EV car at the Tokyo Motorshow in two weeks time.
  22. premio 5388

Please tell me where to get your gear box repaired. Is it successful? How much money went Are you giving yourself responsibility?
  23. ajm

Japanese Car News

Toyota finally passing the hybrid bridge and reaching the full-EV turf. Must have ben a lot of work to get through their Design quality gates (DRBFM etc) ,so should not flop like the Leafs in our climate. https://global.toyota/jp/newsroom/toyota/30063152.html range:100km price?
  24. Tharuka66

Isuzu Gemini Starter Motor

I want isuzu gemini starter motor.
  25. here we go. carbon tax is stopped !

1. □AVANTE□

□AVANTE□

For real? But why all of a sudden?

26. Last week
  27. is there anyone know place to buy nufinish liquid wax from srilanka
  28. Manaruwan

Thankz Sent from my SM-J810G using AutoLanka.com mobile app powered by Tapatalk
  29. Crosswind

Lost Deed

There is a tax on deeds of gift but it is much lower than that in a deed of transfer. Also note that the tax depends on the declared value of the property.
  1. Load more activity