• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. I am thinking of doing the same. Which car model is it, how is Spares availability?
  3. The Don

Side Mirror Theft Toyota Premio,Ward Place

My take is there is no point being too precious about the car. As long as insurance takes care of damage/ theft, you should just consider enjoying it. After a while you will realise the time effort spent to protecting it outweighs the benefit you get from it. We have resorted to self insuring our daily runner (3rd party) because once we counted the hassle and the deductions of having a comprehensive policy due to the car being a bit old, and the frequency of claims, made more sense just to pay for the damn repairs than pay for comprehensive insurance year after year. The car lives a hard life and accumulates bumps and scratches regularly and can't afford much downtime. So it only really stops for regular maintenance and repairs The rest is considered war paint.
  4. Gummybr

CLA

There is a reason why they are not offered by brand new agents. Speak to UML, TL, A*W, Stafford. Manufacturer doesn't offer to the Sri Lankan market. Only cars coming from other markets will have them. TRC has to give approvals to bring them down legally as they rely on radars.
  5. The same engine is used in multiple vehicles, and tweaked for the characteristics required for that vehicle. For example the 1.0 turbo engine used in the Swift RS is also used in the Vitara. But the way the engine is managed is not the same. Suzuki would tweak the engine to deliver more torque at lower rpms compromising fuel efficiency a little as the Vitara is a heavier car. I don't think the ECU programming for a vehicle is based on country of manufacture, more on the vehicle and application. However in larger markets there will be market specific customisation And as the programming is static, each of those ECUs will have a different part number (hence when replacing you can't just base it on the engine). Also you can't really say one is more superior than the other It's set up for the specific requirements of the vehicle and market.
  6. Gummybr

CLA

I will answer this in general. 1. Servicing is every 10,000kms or 12 months or whichever comes first. Service will cost approx RS. 43,500/-. Other spares won't be very expensive but will be like 1.5times what you pay at TL or UML 2. Upto you to decide, as someone said you will miss out on warranty if bought from outside D*MO. You may register the car with agent but that won't get you the full warranty. 3. As for now luxury tax still not applicable. 4. CLA will have 163hp and it quite nippy for a 1.3l. you won't get the same comfort of a C class on the CLA as it's more of a sports type. Many people who bought the older model CLA's complained of bad ground clearance and bad ride over our pothole infected roads. 5. Mercs hold the best second hand value in terms of the European segment. But CLA won't hold a higher market value like the C Class as it's not a car for everyone. All depends on the market conditions but expect to lose around 2mil in another 4 years. Answering your final question, agents will have expertise and tools to handle the newer models more than the outside parties when it comes to repairs. So in case you decide to buy from outside get the car registered with agents for all software updates, warranty help etc. Cheers.
  7. Hyaenidae

Mitsubishi Lancer CS3 or Yaris ?

You already know what I'm gonna go with if I'm the OP Huge lancer fan because once you own one you are hooked. Even if you enjoy far sportier and comfier cars that is one car that has the ability to secure its place in your heart. It's the newest car in OP's list, and all CS1 and CS3s were imported brand new. Although, finding one that has been well taken care of is gonna be somewhat of a challenge because the kind of owners who take well care of the car wouldn't sell it easily; yesterday I saw a Lancer advertised for sale that has been run 190,000kms and it was the 1st owner who was selling the car! The ad said the car was maintained by the agent throughout, it looked like an absolute minter. that, and the small number of imports means a long wait for a decent one to pop on adverts. The agent for Mitsubishi is quite agreeable. They don't charge exorbitant "service charges", have quite reasonable prices when it comes to consumables (oils, filters, that kind of stuff - spare parts too, when compared with other agents) they don't push you unnecessary repairs, let you be near the car when they're working on it if you want to, has an islandwide network of workshops. They're quite good when it comes to service recalls too, I had mine called in for a minor recall once, I remember cars sold in 2005 being recalled in 2016. It's reliable as much as any Japanese car out there, it's a time-tested and proven car under harsh Sri Lankan driving conditions. The deciding factor is how the car has been taken care of. I've seen many CS1 cars that were absolute minters, like Sampath's CS1 and the CS1 I found for a fellow autolanka member . If you can find a similar CS2 or a CS3 you'll have no reliability issues. Fuel economy wise, it's similar to any non-hybrid sedan in 1500CC-1600CC range. All in all, my 2 cents is, go for the Lancer if you can find one that has been reasonably taken care of.
  8. kmeeg

Honda Civic Sedan 2019

I've heard some bad things about the Civic & CR-V 1.5T engine. https://www.torquenews.com/1084/honda-civic-cr-v-oil-dilution-problem-what-you-should-do-now
  9. Radar

People who rescued me from Toyota mania..Waiting for their comments..
  10. Radar

Yes..Thanks for the idea.I will try to find one with low mileage since I don't have any idea to sell it within next 5/8 yrs.
  11. K.o.N.o.S

@Davy @trinity @Hyaenidae Any inputs?
  12. Where are you located? Dr Auto in Kohuwala is good
  13. GayanR

You can find yaris model vios too with a 1500cc engine.Resale wise yaris got the upper hand though.
  14. Devinda_Z

Garage Floor Material

What about a polyurethane or epoxy coating?
  15. tiv

CLA

Is D*MO the only place that can handle repairs on a newer merc? Also reliability?
  16. Radar

Actually my dream car is Lancer EX.But they have priced around 3.5 Mil (2008) and its over my budget.Now im looking for a Lancer CS3 but there are only few have advertised.I think I'm having enough skills to enjoy the ride of a manual since I have been driving my company owned L200 manual for 3 yrs.But I think CS1 is not having enough power for use in my area (Badulla) If I could not find a decent CS3 for my budget I will have to get a Yaris 2008.There are few brand new imported ones have advertised. Thanks.
  17. walkernet

Garage Floor Material

Thanks for your input. I was having the same concern with terracotta. Seems that's the best option can you let me know from where you bought them. Is it from the Nawala tile showrooms.
  18. RWD

Garage Floor Material

+1 on homogeneous tiles. Its not too pricey. If you buy during Avurudhu and Christmas there are lot of sales. Had the same decision last year and went for them. If you really can't afford it buy some Chinese tiles. Still better than the other options.
  19. iRage

Hybrid or Non Hybrid

Yes....at the end of the day I believe the TCO will be pretty much the same for both without the hassle of maintaining a Hybrid system
  20. Roy Bandara

Hybrid or Non Hybrid

Thanks, Matroska for your valuable opinion.
  21. Roy Bandara

Hybrid or Non Hybrid

Thanks Kush, But I am looking for a Salon type instead of hatch bag, Appreciate & thanks for your quick response to my question. Generally, I do not run that milage p/m as you stated. Please, just simply let me know whether it is worthwhile to go for a non hybrid instead of Hybrid according to my budget. I strictly stick to Toyota. Regards.
  22. Ale

Suzuki Grand Vitara

Need to buy an Engine for suzuki grand vitara petrol. Its a great help if anyone can suggest a place that I can find spares. Engine Type TL52. Suzuki Grand Vitara 1996 model.
  23. matroska

Hybrid or Non Hybrid

quite a decent car - few were imported on permits around 2013 you can find a good specimen for your price. go for it.
  24. mcs627

CLA

Drive both and decide for yourself. Tryout the rear seats also. Do some research on the country of manufacture.
  25. kush

Garage Floor Material

Terracotta will be a pain, gets damage even for shoes Dark color homogeneous tile will be the best option, bit expensive though There are special hard wearing flooring material (industrial use)
  26. kush

CLA

Some of the safety features like autonomous brakes, lane keeping assist are not offered in SL as they claim that they are not configured to local driving conditions.
  1. Load more activity