• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Today
  3. Sorry to say, Overhaul is not a part of general maintenance,.. but your van is not new. Replace the air filter , as the mileage is just an optimistic indicator, better not base your decision on that alone. check under the engine for possible oil leaks.
  4. Thank you for your advice. I dont know the exact millage coz i bought it recently. Meter shows 250k but it may have clocked.
  5. tilvin

Corolla AE110 vs Cefiro A33

🤔🤔🤔
  6. Any help comparing Picanto 2016 vs demio 2008?
  7. alpha17

Corolla AE110 vs Cefiro A33

Go for a Carina. The car is a bit more comfier than the ae110 but has the same engine and pretty much bulletproof. Or you can find a Corona AT2XX series with a 1.8L engine for a much lesser price than a carina. It will be better on performance, but will not be thirsty as the Cefiro. I also have driven the Cefiro while my friend had it for around 2-3years. He also had many issues during the ownership such as the coils and some misfiring issue. He also got around 2-6kmpl but not better than that. The V6 can rev pretty hard with good torque but since the car is closer to 1.5tonnes there is not much happening. Then there is the dashboard cracking issue.Better to drive everything and check which one suits you the best.
  8. What is the mileage I don't think u need a complete overhaul Just change the ring set
  9. tilvin

What is your ultimate dream car?

Specially made Vintage Rolls Royce....😃. I like this so much....😃
  10. K.o.N.o.S

This looks like a going-away ride.😋
  11. Crosswind

Buying a used BMW X1 E84 diesel

Think of this way. Why do you want to marry a hooker if you know very well that she has syphillis, gonorrhoea and HIV? Just because she looks posh?
  12. Hello everyone, I am in need of an SUV in 5 mil to 5.5 mil range and the BMW X1 diesel seems to fit the bill. But my concerns are on how reliable will it be as of 2019. Most ones are 2011-2013 range and have almost or in excess of 100k kms. Ive done my research and find out some issues 1.N47 engine timing chain issues 2.Steering box 3.ZF auto transmission and its lifetime oil change claims(This im not so sure about and many say it needs changing oil) 4. Problems with the A/C? Most of my research was bases on the internet so are there more issues native to SL ? It would also be appreciated if owners could mention about servicing costs, repair places other than the agent and general costs Thanks in advance 😊
  13. I am using townace cr 27 with 2c enging without turbo. I noticed around 750ml of oil reduction per 1000km when oil level got topup. But oil level was reached certain level between maximum and lower level it is hard to obtain reduction only very small reduction is there. And tiny white smoke can be noticed on the tube which is used to check oil level. But no white smoke in silencer. When it strats in morning it will crank several times to start. But when it heats 3 times it starts normaly. I dont know that problem is due to fault engine or glow plugs. So i request a advice, do i need to overhaul the engine and is it good time. Or can i keep runing further?
  14. MrCat

Now what exactly is that?
  15. One of my friend owns a Honda Ek3 ViRS Automatic one, & it got a reverse failure few months ago (couldn’t even shift the gear to reverse, even when put it to reverse, nothing happened except RPM rise), & then he replaced the gear box & the problem was solved. But now problem occured again & this time the gear shifts & can reverse slowly only on a flat surface.. can’t reverse to even a little hill. What may happen here, & what would be the cause for this.. Thanx
  16. Lannister

Car Vibration Problem

@sira Thanx for the reply, Yeah probably it’ll be coming from the throttle body... Do u have any recommendation mechanic to get solved with? & to recognize exactly where the problem is... thanx again.
  17. Lannister

Car Vibration Problem

@tilvin yes When the gear shifts to 2nd .. The rpm is around 1000-1500...
  18. Romesh_de

Honda Smart Key System Check

Thank you @RKTS . I have done it by myself. Cleaning the contacts works.
  19. Hi I filled the resovior to the exactly max level, but the engine gets its operational temp the coolent not transfer to resovior Is that normal? Before I had faulty radiator cap so its fill the resovior almost full when engine get hot. after I change the cap to recondition original same pressure rate 1.1 bar resovior get filled half inch above max level, bt unfortunatly my radiator was weak its cracked from top. So now I replace new radiator and new fan with new cap. Prob is resovior level is still not change when engine get its operational temp Is that normal? Or do I need to change cap to 0.9 bar ?
  20. Magnum

car setup

Cameras aren’t meant to replace the mirrors, cameras are there to give a better view or to bring blind spots into view. For example once I was about to back up and there was a kid behind the van. The kid was only visible through the reverse camera
  21. alpha17

car setup

The auto adjusting guidelines are not supported in aftermarket audio players. There are some places around Colombo such as Pe**o lan*a who has japanese units removed from newer cars.NSCD-W66 (made by Denso) Get this unit if you really want guidelines,auto parking, fuel economy charts,bluetooth,SD card,AUX input and automatic sound levelling(it automatically increase volume and bass level according to the speed).I installed one to my Allion and it totally rocks. It has some functions even those expensive Kenwood/Pioneer Units doesn’t have. If options like gps, dvd and sound modifications to the extreme then get a Kenwood unit. You’ll have to pay around rs.2000 to install the erc code to unlock the unit. You can use google translate to get to know the functions till you get used to it. I got it for rs.8500.
  22. Hello guys!! It’s been sometime that I’m posting a new topic and becoming active(due to a family funeral and new year). Few days ago I installed a new japanese audio system to my car NSCD-W66(which had been removed from a 2016-2018 Prius,Aqua or a Vitz).It has all the features I need and jap language,76-90 radio is not an issue since I plan to add an adaptor to correct it. The player has car information display, such as fuel economy chart and some sort of economy assessment system. Also it has reverse cam with guidelines which supports auto parking.My car audio guy said that my car cannot be connected to get those functions. But can i get the fuel information display? In some vehicles, such as the aqua, even the aircon temperature is displayed. What is the type of wire harness that I need to get the functions into use? Where should I connect it to display the information? Any help is really appreciated😃 I’ll attach a photo of the back panel of the unit herewith.
  23. alpha17

Aston Martin DB9 because it’s one of the most beautiful cars ever made with impeccable build quality and supercar level performance😇
  24. matroska

Aqua vs Fit

This has been discussed multiple times. Do a forum search please. Good luck.
  25. Yesterday
  26. Permits have been allowed again . For government servants that means for the professor, senior lecturers who work at government universities does anybody know what the retirement permit value they are given? I've been hearing people call 12 million, 16 million and 22 million tax slashes for retirement permits. However the permits provided for the persons who are in the above mentioned category was $30000 and according to my knowledge the retirement permit is $35000 (not 100% sure), and what is the tax reduction percentage for this retirement permit category? . Really appreciate if someone knows the categories and retirement permit types and could help me on this. Thank you!
  27. tilvin

My dream car is below,
  28. Hyaenidae

Prolly in the same way Gordon Ramsay would answer if someone asks him what his dream food is
  1. Load more activity